• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So many red shells on Shy Guy Falls. Never seen so many, especially in one place as there was on lap 1.

Man, where did that second green come from? I looked behind me and saw the first one, dodged it, then out of nowhere I got hit by another.

DaBoss

So 2 (me and Blake) people slipped on the same banana, and I got someone easily with item dragging. Thanks Mario Kart.
Man, where did that second green come from? I looked behind me and saw the first one, dodged it, then out of nowhere I got hit by another.
I threw 3.

Zemm

invisible shells, item wheel glitching out, comms errors, the online in this game is completely and utterly fucked. yet I can't stop playing it.

invisible shells, item wheel glitching out, comms errors, the online in this game is completely and utterly fucked. yet I can't stop playing it.
Okay glad you posted that I got hit yesterday with an invisible shell and thought maybe I just didn't see it.

Where the item wheel just keeps spinning forever and ever (or atleast a very long time).

The other night mine started spinning at the first set of boxes on Electrodome and never stopped until I eventually got a comm error at the end of the 1st lap. I'm with you though, I keep telling myself that I'm going to quit until the issues get patched but I can't stop coming back. It feels really good when you win despite all the extra craziness going on.

Zemm

fuck me this game, 2nd place and get a coin, 1st place gets red shell, even if I overtake him I'm fucked. Fix your fucking game Nintendo.

BuzzJive

Where the item wheel just keeps spinning forever and ever (or atleast a very long time).

I've never seen this myself. My thoughts on this are that one "server" is responsible for doling out items (because otherwise that seems like a fairly game breaking issue if it ever got hacked so that each client controlled their own item generation). So I'd guess the server to client message just never gets there for whatever reason and the timeout just isn't handled well. Certainly seems like something that should have been accounted for and that should be fixable.

fuck me this game, 2nd place and get a coin, 1st place gets red shell, even if I overtake him I'm fucked. Fix your fucking game Nintendo.

I'd wager the odds of that happening are probably very low, but that doesn't make it any better when it happens to you.

rekameohs

Banned
Had a question that I posted in the Club Nintendo thread but it hasn't been answered.

The Wii U just came in yesterday! I have a question about the CN Mario Kart promotion. I want to buy the digital version of Mario Kart 8, so if I register the Wii U on Club Nintendo, can I immediately purchase Mario Kart and get the code, or should I wait a day or something for things to process?

Exuro

Had a question that I posted in the Club Nintendo thread but it hasn't been answered.
I don't think you don't need to register the Wii U. Register Mario Kart 8 on the website and it'll give you the choice of games, then you'll get sent a code that you can put in the Wii U eshop. Mine was physical though so I'm not sure if it's different.

Roo

Wonder when they will rip off the first place beats.
I'd love to hear the music without all the FX sounds
Wario Stadium and Grumble Volcano are fucking amazing.

Zemm

^ I thought you were going to do a rap. The part where the music kicks in when you come out of the water on Dolphin Shoals and up that hill is my favourite.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to really like the pro controller, at first it felt so small and weird but now I'm liking it, it's a lot more comfortable and my hands aren't hurting as much as with the gamepad. I won like 5 races tonight so that's a good sign, up to 3k+ VR now which I hear is the sweet spot for matchmaking.

RM8

I just ranked the tracks from favorite to least favorite because I'm bored at work, wishing I'd be playing MK8 :p

Sunshine Airport
Rainbow Road
Mario Kart Stadium
Toad Harbor
Mount Wario
Sweet Sweet Canyon
N64 Royal Raceway
DS Wario Stadium
Electrodrome
Mario Circuit
DS Cheep Cheep Beach
GBA Mario Circuit
3DS Piranha Plant Slide
Wii Grumble Volcano
Bowser's Castle
3DS DK Jungle
SNES Donut Plains 3
Bone-Dry Dunes
Thwomp Ruins
GCN Dry Dry Desert
DS Tick-Tock Clock
Water Park
Shy Guy Falls
N64 Yoshi Valley
3DS Music Park
Wii Moo Moo Meadows
Cloudtop Cruise
Twisted Mansion
GCN Sherbet Land
N64 Rainbow Road
Dolphin Shoals
N64 Toad's Turnpike

DaBoss

You don't need to register the Wii U. Just have your Club Nintendo account linked to the NNID on the Wii U. Make sure to link your CN on your Wii U before you download MK8.

I used my NNID which I had on my 3DS (which was already linked to a Club Nintendo account) on my Wii U and then proceeded to download MK8 and it automatically registered and when I logged into Club Nintendo after that, it said I can choose my free game.

rekameohs

Banned
You don't need to register the Wii U. Just have your Club Nintendo account linked to the NNID on the Wii U.

I used my NNID which I had on my 3DS (which was already linked to a Club Nintendo account) on my Wii U and then proceeded to download MK8 and it automatically registered and when I logged into Club Nintendo after that, it said I can choose my free game.

Awesome. Thanks! I just wanted to be sure that it wouldn't register my download by doing it too soon or something.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
MFuQqi1.png

Azure J

Tsumiya in here jackin' my swag AND bumping me off of my favorite drift in the game? (The first piano section on Music Park)

We're about to fight now. :lol

Top Bottom