• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

akaoni

Banned
One last issue I might have noticed about the netcode is it messes up player collisions and weight classes, I got hit by a heavier class just now and they bounced off me, and sometimes as someone like Bowser I get bounced around like a pinball. Maybe drifting means you get bounced off at all times, I dunno.

And fuck.

akaoni

Banned
Bikes get pushed around by karts usually.

EDIT - comm error.

That's why I've noticed though, I get bounced like a pinball in some rooms as kart Bowser and just now I was a bike as Daisy vs Gold Peach in a kart who bounced off me like I was steel.

Regiruler

That's why I've noticed though, I get bounced like a pinball in some rooms as kart Bowser and just now I was a bike as Daisy vs Gold Peach in a kart who bounced off me like I was steel.
I think there's other factors to the "bouncing off" equation now than just vehicle type and weight.

Kalaidos

Neo Member
I just had to capture the beautiful banana toss from the GAF online game earlier : D
l8ImMRZ.gif

Also, a bonus gif from the same match:

YFMr56I.gif

Wow what a funk I was in last night in WW and regionals. Item destruction at it's finest for me. Hopefully tonight is a little better.

Forkball

I finally placed first in a 12 man race online. The next race I was second. I can actually do pretty well when I'm not racing against GAFfers.

Also top 5 MK8 tracks:

Moo Moo Farm
Moo Moo Farm
Moo Moo Farm
Moo Moo Farm
Moo Moo Farm

Messiek

I get so mad when playing this. haha
Green shell, Red shell and another Green shell at the same time ... all this when I'm in 1st : )

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like some people are going for the light scooter build atm

I tried it out in some time trials and man, the acceleration and handling feels pretty damn good

You loose a lot of top speed though, so it must be tough in tracks with long straight runs

Damn man 150cc is rough.

Trying to beat those in singleplayer last night and I am barely scraping by. I think I got blue shelled 3 times near the finish line on the last lap of some races.

Top Bottom