• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

tumblr_n6iionu3Np1skjarzo1_500.jpg

Spinluck

I'm getting better at using it. I thought it sucked at first, now I'm not so butt hurt when I pick one up.

Sometimes it hits multiple people, other times I watch go right through them. It's so inconsistent for me.

Fuck yes! Whoever that Bowser was, I'm sorry that you were no match for my clutch green shell.

Kalaidos

Neo Member
How are you guy making the GIFs? I want to also make the GIFs.

In my case, since I don't have a capture card or similar, I upload MK TV clips to youtube via the game, and then use one of those youtube-to-gif converters on the web. A quick google will give you a list of options.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
As someone often finding himself on the receiving end, I can confirm that the boomerang hits you and that it hits you hard

I think I've hit one person with it, ever. I gave up and just use it to hit incoming shells.

People are getting incredibly good at using it now. I had someone get me twice from behind and then again from in front after they passed me. From 10 coins to 0 in a few seconds :(

I hate the fact that it destroys whatever you're carrying as well.
So maybe it's just me, but has anyone had off-TV performance issues since the latest system update? All of the games I played on the GamePad prior to the update were silky smooth, but last night every race was loaded with periodic hiccups. It's hard to describe, but the game would start to stutter and stall for brief moments causing sudden jumps in the action. I haven't had a chance to play it on the main TV to see if it does it there though.
Yep, I've noticed it too. I never actually experienced any problems with the pad before unless I moved really far away from the Wii U until after the update.
I love it. hit someone, they spin out...pass them and hit them again behind you. Whats glitchy about it?
Ah, so that was you then :mad:

bumpkin

So maybe it's just me, but has anyone had off-TV performance issues since the latest system update? All of the games I played on the GamePad prior to the update were silky smooth, but last night every race was loaded with periodic hiccups. It's hard to describe, but the game would start to stutter and stall for brief moments causing sudden jumps in the action. I haven't had a chance to play it on the main TV to see if it does it there though.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Yes, this happened to mee last night

JakeD

this was just happening to me too. at the time i thought it was some sort of online lag, but now that you mention it, it hasn't happened while playing on TV and hadn't happened before the update

Spinluck

I love it. hit someone, they spin out...pass them and hit them again behind you. Whats glitchy about it?

Online I've seen it go right through players. It also does this weird twitchy thing where it looks like lag night be affecting it.

Azure J

Rosalina players are straight road hogs. I swear I can't go a few seconds without being bumped by her.

The best part is there's like a radar or second sense most Rosalina players have that makes them consistently seek out other Rosa players and fuck them over. I'm the crafty one that likes to come in from yo' corners or get in between tight spots, drifts when a red shell is fired from a good distance away to try and make it hit a wall or someone else behind me, and generally tries to get by with just driving. Once there are more than 3 Rosalinas on the track though? Complete battle for dominance. :lol

If GAF is this brutal in Mario Kart, I can't even fathom what Smash is going to be like.

I'll warn everyone right now that #MarfSquad takes no prisoners.

Does Kart-GAF have a rule against Fire Hopping?

No Bikes, Rosalina/DK Only, Rainbow Road 8
Lrn2techskillWavehop

Someone needs to add GAFcc in the last column and put a shopped Luigi Kart in that one NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles underwater stage to truly warn people how intense it gets.

I had the worst games of my MK8 career yesterday. I was just so bad. Falling off the track, getting hit with everything, running into walls.

Of course it was also my first time playing in the GAF tournament so that compounded my issues. 10th place isn't so bad...right? RIGHT?

akaoni

Banned
Half the reason the GP mode is so difficult is because the AI cheats. You have a cup nemesis who seems to be random and the game purposely designs them to fuck you over in the results by completely fabricating their positions if you finish the race before the nemesis character. They finish like 4th on screen it will say they're 2nd in results to make the overall scores closer.

Neo Child

Banned
I feel like the Green shells in this game have been buffed up. I've been hitting with a lot more green shells in MK8 than ever before.

I think since Mario Kart 7 the Green shells have done this. This is why they're my favourite item now. It's so satisfying smacking someone with a green shell.

bumpkin

Yes, this happened to mee last night
this was just happening to me too. at the time i thought it was some sort of online lag, but now that you mention it, it hasn't happened while playing on TV and hadn't happened before the update
Damn. Happy to know it isn't just my system, but sad to hear it's a real issue. At first I thought maybe my Wii U was doing some sort of update or download in the background, but when it was still happening after an hour or so, I started to wonder if it was a bigger issue.

Spinluck

The way some people use red shells baffles me Lol.

How does the MK GAF tournament work?

You just quote the OP and get the code.

I believe it just keeps track of your score based off where you place in races within the GAF tourney room. When the tourney is over I guess whoever has the most wins is the champion?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Agreed. I need another wheel. Which did you get? I'd like a black one, but the official ones only appear to be available in the bundle.
I got a couple of white Nintendo ones for 15€, the guy who sold it even included its Mario Kart Wii copy, I guess I can resell it for few euros ;)

At first I thought I'd get the red/green ones, but I chose white ones for the price, and also because I'll leave my old white wiimotes in the wheels from now on, so that I don't need to switch.

Getting a gold mushroom on new rainbow road is a death sentence. I always hope for projectiles on that course.
At least you can control when those boost. The Piranha Plant though...complete nightmare (for that course).

Half the reason the GP mode is so difficult is because the AI cheats. You have a cup nemesis who seems to be random and the game purposely designs them to fuck you over in the results by completely fabricating their positions if you finish the race before the nemesis character. They finish like 4th on screen it will say they're 2nd in results to make the overall scores closer.
The results lock as soon as you cross the line so unless you were watching the map as you crossed you can't really say how they were. My best one was I cross the line, Baby Rosalina was in 12th and had just gotten a bullet bill, I watch to see where she would have been had the results not locked; 2nd. I could have done with a weak rival too :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So it seems I'm really not meant to play this game. GAME canceled my order for a second time, even though they took the money which is now frozen so I can't even order elsewhere. Now I need to wait and hope the money gets refunded or I'll need to dispute the charges. If I ever get my money back I'm just going to pick one up from a store. What a complete ballache, I will never order from GAME again.

Welfare

Even in a game with nothing but Japanese players, the online was still pretty good. Makes me even more hyped for Smash.

Chaos17

I had the worst games of my MK8 career yesterday. I was just so bad. Falling off the track, getting hit with everything, running into walls.

Of course it was also my first time playing in the GAF tournament so that compounded my issues. 10th place isn't so bad...right? RIGHT?

That's the best I can do at the moment :(

Top Bottom