• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

aza

So what's your guys strategy for when you got a blue shell coming at you and don't have anything equipped to stop it? The only thing I've been able to come up with is if you're either approaching a boost pad or item box, to make sure you come to a dead stop right before you reach it, let the shell hit you, then go on and take whatever's in front of you. It's really only advantageous if you can time it right, though.

Chopper

I got a couple of white Nintendo ones for 15€, the guy who sold it even included its Mario Kart Wii copy, I guess I can resell it for few euros ;)

At first I thought I'd get the red/green ones, but I chose white ones for the price, and also because I'll leave my old white wiimotes in the wheels from now on, so that I don't need to switch.
Oh God. I'm very tempted to grab matching Mario/Luigi remotes/wheels. Stop me!

Heeeeey guys - is there any way to get a hold of this game's soundtrack? I've searched but all I can find online is youtube videos set to the soundtrack. I'd pay money for a high quality download of all these songs, Thwomp Ruins and Moo Moo Meadows are my favs.

Albo

What is fire hopping?

reverse-1243264275_dog-fire.gif

Azure J

So what's your guys strategy for when you got a blue shell coming at you and don't have anything equipped to stop it? The only thing I've been able to come up with is if you're either approaching a boost pad or item box, to make sure you come to a dead stop right before you reach it, let the shell hit you, then go on and take whatever's in front of you. It's really only advantageous if you can time it right, though.

If I'm near enough to someone, I'll either swerve so that they get taken out too or attempt the tried and true stall and let them pass. Usually I go for the former because everyone knows the second trick by now. When I'm alone and in the front, it's just do or die and hope for the best while avoiding expanses or gaps. The boost pad thing is good too.

Also, when you're in front and all they give you is coins, I like to activate the coin item so that when you're launched and lose three, you immediately get back 2. If you're lucky, you'll also get to run through one of the coins you dropped to return to even.

jorgejjvr

There should be like a daily tournament, like idk, every night at 9pm till 11 pm EST, 12 or 16 races. Something like that, no limit is no fun. Its better to have lots of people at one point and see who truly is the best, and with cpu, in case not many people show up, so that those spots can be replaced by cpu so you will always be able to reach the maximum amount of points possible

aza

If I'm near enough to someone, I'll either swerve so that they get taken out too or attempt the tried and true stall and let them pass. Usually I go for the former because everyone knows the second trick by now. When I'm alone and in the front, it's just do or die and hope for the best while avoiding expanses or gaps. The boost pad thing is good too.

Also, when you're in front and all they give you is coins, I like to activate the coin item so that when you're launched and lose three, you immediately get back 2. If you're lucky, you'll also get to run through one of the coins you dropped to return to even.

Good tips! Learning about all these little things, it's no wonder KartGAF can get so brutal when you start to realize there's much deeper play involved.

MilkybKid

Neo Member
Star, mushrooms, and piranha plants mean death. Bullet Bills are fine because they don't dump you on the curves.

I was on rainbow road 150 cc and except for 1 green shell and a banana peel all i got was mushrooms and triple mushrooms for the whole sodding race.

This was the only time i was shouting "for the love of god not more mushrooms" and "i don't want to go faster" as I mushroom boosted into a spin boost pillar..... and promptly flew off the side of the track :p

On a quick note is it ok to join the GAF tournaments if I don't put my details in the file. Will probably only join for a couple of games as kinda want to see if you lot are all as good as i've heard.. but know that I'm terribad so will be fighting for 11th most of the time so probably won't hang around much :p

deleted

Ok, I'll try one more time:

Does anyone know if there is a way to safe the stats for the second player in Online Two Player mode? It get's reset to 1000 every time we try..

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ok, I'll try one more time:

Does anyone know if there is a way to safe the stats for the second player in Online Two Player mode? It get's reset to 1000 every time we try..

Use a Mii from an account on your console? I think that should work.

MilkybKid

Neo Member
Oh, a system account Mii? I could try that. I only have one account so far. That will prolong quick-launch though, right?

You can still specify one of your "miis" or accounts as the primary account i believe, should keep quick launch working (only got one account but multiple miis stored so not 100%)

Man, I was hoping all of the good people played in GAF vs GAF, but I guess everyone's in the normal room. And everyone in the normal room is really bad :(

Kalaidos

Neo Member
Woohoo! First (mostly) clear victory on GAF Tournament! : D

...ok, and who hit the poor Ludwig TWICE with the Boomerang in the cave? >: (

Top Bottom