• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Azure J

Correction, you have to hold it right when it disappears.

I'm on to you Azure, trying to get revenge on Y2Kev by making him do false starts every time thinking he could trust your advice.

?

I actually always hold it right as two flashes. It gets me those huge boosts all the staff ghosts get.

chadboban

Screw you guys, was just about to take in a movie, but then I came in this thread, read the comments and now I can't control my urge to play. Seriously, fuck this thread.

Dr Prob

Banned
...you've watched me drive so why do you constantly add to my problems?

Sorry man, but you know how it is. Start out relaxed, going to have a little fun. Then ffdgh gets triple reds in second twice. Then final decides that knocking me off the track is more important than passing. Then a hundred other things and EVERYONE IS GOING DOWN.

how do you get a fast start off the starting line

The numbers kind of drop down as they appear. Try holding the accelerator right after the 2 settles into place and starts to fade. Too early and you'll stall, so it's better to be late than early. Lookie lookie senator.

Esque7

how do you get a fast start off the starting line
Press and hold accelerate as soon as the number 2 completely solidifies on screen. Alternatively, as soon as you hear the second beep. However there are (at least?) 2 different boosts you can get. The earlier you hold it, the longer your boost will be. However this runs the risk of you spinning out.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Regulating the track earlier:

HSIge1Y.gif

Bowser finishing strong!

I was one of them Bills. didnt notice two of you were up my arse

Yea. I was racing with just 4 people and was in first. A green shell hits me somehow and then bowser runs into my red shell breaking it without slowing down and then I get hit by another bouncing green shell and quit. I'm coming right back once this WC match is over and I eat though

oh shut up Commie, you rake in points like a plonker gets dicks on a friday night
/jk

we're not so different you and I

I swear nothing makes me as salty as fuckin' Mario Kart

indeed. I have to rely on playing against mofos around the world just to get some of my self esteem back. But GAF ruins everything again, it's like a rollercoaster of shit

Dereck

It's almost like if you're in any place from 3rd-8th, you're gonna be stuck in an endless loop of getting bumped off the road/getting hit by items.

Top Bottom