• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

SM239

If you're talking about Electrodrome, I believe the pink path is a faster.

Sweet Sweet Mountain. Had to drop a bomb in front of the guy that just got blue shelled.

In Electrodrome I always take the green path. I guess I never really bothered to see what way is faster.

SM239

A blue shell in 2nd. What is this frantic? To tell the truth after that lightning + triple red + knocked off the track combo I'm glad that game gave me that to knock Wendy out of 1st.

With that I think I used up all my luck for today. GGs everyone.

Of course. Pure Evil™

:p

rekameohs

Banned
Ummmm..... has anyone ever had issues with the Wii Remote Plus tilt controls not working? My cart just drives all over the place with no sense of direction. And then I plug in Mario Kart Wii in the same Wii U and it's just fine...

Any ideas?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Be around in 3 hours?

Probably. I'm in time trials experimenting with some new setups now.

Got one all-around better statistically aside from -0.5 speed. The accel, mini-turbo, and water speed improvements are probably worth it, and the handling is hit or miss depending on the track (not sure if I can do those super long drifts on Electrodome or Royal Raceway yet, need to try).

Exentryk

Probably. I'm in time trials experimenting with some new setups now.

Got one all-around better statistically aside from -0.5 speed. The accel, mini-turbo, and water speed improvements are probably worth it, and the handling is hit or miss depending on the track (not sure if I can do those super long drifts on Electrodome or Royal Raceway yet, need to try).

Still using a bike?

I have 5 speed on all four mediums. Can't get any balanced than that lol

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Still using a bike?

I have 5 speed on all four mediums. Can't get any balanced than that lol

Yep, I want to keep inside drifting, so that really limits my options.

I guess I could switch to a kart/other style bike and get used to the difference, but that would be a much bigger change after 140 hours of this style setup.

Oh my god, Dolphin Shoals is like a whole new track when it doesn't feel like you are driving through a vat of tar most of the time.

rekameohs

Banned
Ummmm..... has anyone ever had issues with the Wii Remote Plus tilt controls not working? My cart just drives all over the place with no sense of direction. And then I plug in Mario Kart Wii in the same Wii U and it's just fine...

Any ideas?

Wow... I just figured it out.

Went to Skyward Sword, and the motion controls were flipped - up was down, left was right, etc. MKWii was fine because it doesn't use Motion Plus.

Somebody put the damn thing in backwards... smh

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'll jump online if there are people getting a room going. Just practicing against some AI with this setup right now.

"Hard AI" and I came in first in 8/8 races. Come on, son.

This poor regional room. Won every race. One guy passed me for like 5 seconds, then blue shell.

Exentryk

I feel like I get hit more than average, so boosting those at the cost of a little max speed could be worth it. Just kind of concerned 4.25 isn't enough max speed to hold a lead if it comes to it.

Give it a go in GAFcc and see how it works. Should be fine I think.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You know what's scary? Triple reds. In first. And you still have all three. Yeaaah, that's just mean :D

Oh my god that ending, I wish that happened on GAF so I could see the rage post. Got hit and that kept it kind of close for the final lap, then got hit by a green a little before the finish line. Dude passes me, and I hit him with a green RIGHT BEFORE the line and cross before him for first.

Any ideas?
Perhaps not your issue, but if I pause to go to Miiverse and come back my tilt calibration is off and steering veers off to one side. I have to restart the race to fix things.

rekameohs

Banned
Perhaps not your issue, but if I pause to go to Miiverse and come back my tilt calibration is off and steering veers off to one side. I have to restart the race to fix things.

My post above explained it. The refurb Remote Plus I got was faulty because they put the built in Motion Plus backwards....

I'm sending it back to Nintendo for a replacement.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Joining my lobby? We'd be better off the other way around!

Controller slipped while I was shifting in my chair. Drove straight off the edge and that was the end of that race.

Exentryk

ChaosBlade, let me find a room and then you can join me. Currently looking for a decent Frantic room.

EDIT - In an average room, but there is a spit left if you want to join.

Just bought this game recently and played the hell out of it....but wow...the new Rainbow Road sucks major ass. Easily the most disappointing new track in the batch. What a let down and what were they thinking!!

Other than that, game is magnificent!! :D

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought this game recently and played the hell out of it....but wow...the new Rainbow Road sucks major ass. Easily the most disappointing new track in the batch. What a let down and what were they thinking!!

Other than that, game is magnificent!! :D

What sucks about it? It's a fairly challenging track, that's a good thing in a game full of very easy ones.

Got bumped into the water on the first lap, and on the second I drifted too far and fell in and went in a full circle. :(

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That Bowser's Castle race was amazing. Rarely do races go that badly.

Never had that happen before. Lightning hit me inches from the finishline and it said the bullet bill passed before I did, but then swapped me to third for the GAF finish.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
GAF taking over this WW room, four of us now with Albo (assuming it's GAF Albo)

Felt like Daisy in that video on that last lap. Don't even know how many times I got hit.

mo60

The mii with the username TheGodddamn almost beat me in the gaf main race room, but I won even though I was behind him for like 2 laps.Triple mushrooms help me catch up to him. I also managed to beat the donut plain 3 staff ghost by like 0.4 of a second.I used morton to do this.

Top Bottom