• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Zomba13

This is why we need proper voice chat. The rage and shit talking would be amazing.

Just spam "Unfair!" repeatedly after a bad loss. It's the best we can do until Nintendo add a "Fuck you, you fucking cunts and your fucking shells!" option.

Zomba13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSykXutDV2o

More online netcode craziness. The fucked up part is you can see he's trying to hit me behind him too but I'm not there aka he can't hit me, so it can fuck yourself or other people over equally.

o_O wow. That's bad. Not seen that myself yet. I have seen the computer clearly cheat in offline GPs though. Rigging races and the like. Having a guy in second right behind me end up 11th in the ranking even though I literally saw him finish behind me.

Just spam "Unfair!" repeatedly after a bad loss. It's the best we can do until Nintendo add a "Fuck you, you fucking cunts and your fucking shells!" option.
There should be a laughing option as well. "Fuck you" would be great for random lobby's where people spam stuff like "Not fair!" and "Go easy on me!" lol

mauaus

Just joined the Wii U train with Mario Kart 8, i want to join GAF races just saw the codes on the OT, i just input those in the multiplayer mode and presto? Dont really understand

javac

I'm usually better than this. Might have to forgo Toadette for a heavier character. I usually use Daisy or Rosalina.

K' Dash

Just joined the Wii U train with Mario Kart 8, i want to join GAF races just saw the codes on the OT, i just input those in the multiplayer mode and presto? Dont really understand

Go to online multiplayer -> tournament -> look up using code

tumblr_n6iionu3Np1skjarzo1_500.jpg
I mean, I've been playing Mario Kart since the first game launched on SNES. I'm OK at it, not great, but I get by. I have never had so many moments of going from first to 8th+ EVER.

It's... glorious!

Chaos17

And you will need a code to join custom rooms like GAF.
The code is in the OT in the email tag.

akaoni

Banned
Sorry but whats going on here now? Whats this net code business, is it a hack?

Netcode in general terms is the programming for lag compensation and what the game does to make the experience smooth for both players, it's inadvertently making me nigh impossible to hit right there if we assume I'm supposed to be behind the other player in the path of that banana and yet nothing ever happened. I have another recording from yesterday showing me do the same to someone else;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ofh7NdSa0

Timeaisis

I might need to do some experimenting with my kart tonight. I got swept pretty good yesterday.

I feel like I'm the only one who uses the Landship. :O

Top Bottom