• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Azuran

Banned
Oh man, it's one of those days. I'm missing item boxes, hitting random walls, and getting hit by everything bu the kitchen sink.

javac

You should be able to write custom messages on the lobby such as "please not Toads Turnpike!" I came 2nd behind Mr.Smiley in any case.

This game is so frustrating. The more I play it the more it seems this game is less about skill and more about luck. Could be cruising in 1st or 2nd position only to drop 5 places after being hit consecutively. It's pretty much difficult to reclaim your spot unless you end up being lucky yourself with an item.

Roo

So I played some Mario Kart Wii today after a few months and.. Oh my God what a floaty mess. This game's physics are night and day compared to MK8's. It's not even funny. I used the Wild Wing and my turns were too wide and the mini boosts took forever.

MK8>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MKW

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
This game is so frustrating. The more I play it the more it seems this game is less about skill and more about luck. Could be cruising in 1st or 2nd position only to drop 5 places after being hit consecutively. It's pretty much difficult to reclaim your spot unless you end up being lucky yourself with an item.

yes and no. Knowing how to appropriately use items requires a lot of practice, along with knowing the tracks themselves obviously. Still, a good amount of luck is required...hell I was second approaching the finish line in Airport and got knocked off by a red shell in mid air; from 2 to 10 in one second, if that isn't bad luck I don't know what is

still, its Mario Kart.

Avoiding being hit and making it back into the top are two skill factors. There's a decent amount of luck as well, but skill helps you overcome it.

Jito

Banned
Making last look good.

First Mario Kart?

Re: the title, is the game even remotely playable using tilt controls? I haven't really tried in this game but sounds like it would be bad, it was quite bad on the Wii version.
It's great using the wheel. I went from zero to 3-starred 150cc in 11 hours of play. Gold wheel icon get.

Avoiding being hit and making it back into the top are two skill factors. There's a decent amount of luck as well, but skill helps you overcome it.

The problem is, sometimes you just can't avoid being hit. A race will start and everyone is pretty much grouped together and you're bound to get hit in the initial volley of items.

PedroRVD

one question:

what does the "traction" stat really mean?

Is it the off road capability of a vehicle? or is it related to drifting?

Have seen different opinions about this.

m0t0k1

So I played some Mario Kart Wii today after a few months and.. Oh my God what a floaty mess. This game's physics are night and day compared to MK8's. It's not even funny. I used the Wild Wing and my turns were too wide and the mini boosts took forever.

MK8>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MKW

Just because you are using one vehicles does not mean all the others steer the same way. The mach bike for example has way better inward drift then any of the other inward drift bikes or karts in this game. Also some vehicles build up drifts faster then others just like in mk8. please do some research before posting those kind of things. But i can agree that overall most of the vehicles in 8 are wayy better balanced then in wii. Still prefer wii over 8 atm mostly because of the track selection. But i can see why you are liking 8 more.

Mr.Green

Only tried one race using tilt controls the other night and it felt to me there was some kind of assist going on in that mode.

Am I crazy?

Top Bottom