• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I think three starring the 150ccs is about the same difficulty as MK7

Also, yesterday a piranha plant ate a Bomb-omb for me.

amgexr.gif

Jiraiya

Every time you play in the tournament you gain points? So whoever plays the most is the winner? Or am i missing something.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Tourney points only really matter if there's a limited number of races during the tourney period. If it's set to 8 for example, the next 8 races you run during the tourney earn points. There's a hard cap on the highest possible score.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Every time you play in the tournament you gain points? So whoever plays the most is the winner? Or am i missing something.

It's meant to be an easy way to play with the community over everything else. The point totals get stuck once you reach a little over 1000 anyway.

Finally got three stars on all cups and classes. Also beat all staff ghosts. Anyone else find the ghosts quite easy? There were only about three that took me more than one try to beat.

ffdgh

Also, yesterday a piranha plant ate a Bomb-omb for me.

amgexr.gif

I love how the miis are just standing there in complete awe.

Also I just realized dolphin shoals epic sax theme is actually in the game but exclusive to the highlight reel. Decided to lisen to it's greatness for a while.

Azure J

I love how the miis are just standing there in complete awe.

Also I just realized dolphin shoals epic sax theme is actually in the game but exclusive to the highlight reel. Decided to lisen to it's greatness for a while.

Speaking of Dolphin Shoals' music, does anyone else get a massive Soil & Pimp Sessions vibe from the third lap version of the part of the song that plays when you have the long curve/turn after coming out of the sea before the glider section? Seriously I just lit up in the biggest grin hearing that theme for the first time.

My biggest issue is that I need a trip to Drifters Anonymous. I feel like I have to take the absolute tightest drifts/turns possible and at every opportunity I get.
No no no, this is a very good thing to do in Mario Kart. At first you'll be losing to people who take wider, safer lines because you'll keep on fucking up, but eventually you will develop consistency and save a ton of time by taking those tight drifts.

Azure J

Really OP, best weapon in the game. Actually, Triple Greens are pretty OP too.

You know, I was about to make a case for both the Fire Flower and Boomerang, but neither of these offer as much simultaneous defensive and offensive presence as the triple shells do. How the hell is this 2014 and shells are high tier item in a new Mario Kart? :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You know, I was about to make a case for both the Fire Flower and Boomerang, but neither of these offer as much simultaneous defensive and offensive presence as the triple shells do. How the hell is this 2014 and shells are high tier item in a new Mario Kart? :lol

Seriously. Holy shit is it annoying when the guy in second is just holding onto his triple red shells while the game keeps giving you mushrooms to pass him in third.

Top Bottom