• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Fey

Banned
idk who was playing as IMITATION gold peach but
iuY4yM7oFoiyD.gif

VICI0US

I am convinced triple mushrooms > star

in terms of speed.. maybe

but star also has the offensive power and invulnerability

if you time your star to get through a lightning strike you can gain a TON of ground, not to mention it's fun to wreck people

Revven

Star feels massively underpowered as far as speed is concerned unless you're off road IMO.

There's no debate about it, I hate getting stars.

Yeah pretty much only good for shortcuts offroad but even then, if you had gotten a triple mushroom you could probably get several places higher vs one place higher.

The only satisfaction I get out of the star is when I hit someone when they just got hit. That's it, it's worse to me than the triple mushrooms.

Omnicent

Yeah pretty much only good for shortcuts offroad but even then, if you had gotten a triple mushroom you could probably get several places higher vs one place higher.

The only satisfaction I get out of the star is when I hit someone when they just got hit. That's it, it's worse to me than the triple mushrooms.

You forget scouting peoples items and if you see someone with a lightning bolt you just pop it and watch everyone gliding fall to there doom (though doing the lightning snipe is far more enjoyable). Outside of that and other situations (shells and horns coming your way? nope!) it it a lackluster item.

...Bullet bills can take offroad shortcuts? Neat.
I meant to ask but kept forgetting. Doesn't it seem like we have a tiny bit of control over bill now? I swear that when I was randomly tapping left and right with one that it was letting me chose paths and who to hit but I could have been imaging things.

Top Bottom