• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Spades

One day I'll make it through the first set of item blocks without being hit by shells, just like some people seem to manage every race.

Tight corners are really only good when you aren't around many people. It is dangerous to go in close because other people drifting around the corner will knock you out of your line. Early in the race it is a good way to end up in the back of the pack.
Well yeah, if there's danger then you... don't take the corner as tightly. This applies for both other players and backspam.

As long as somebody has good awareness then there is only lots of benefit to be gained from learning to take corners tightly. Catching up from disaster will be a lot easier, blue shells will usually be a little less painful because you'll have a bigger lead, you can pass weaker players by cutting inside of them during the turn, and you won't fall behind in "pro rooms" where most players there are capable of being within a few seconds of the WRs in Time Trials.

K' Dash

Are people really hating on DK Jungle?
mindblown.png

only lame people, DK jungle is fucking awesome.

ffdgh

Is it more consistent now? In 7 it was hit-or-miss in that regard. Sometimes you could, sometimes you couldn't, and sometimes the bullet bill would just kill you for fun.

I was near the end of electrodrome with a bill holding left. Next thing I know the bill decided to cut through a bit of the pipes for me lol.

Top Bottom