• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Zemm

I honestly find triple shells just as annoying as the annoying weapons in the previous games. There's no balance if you find yourself in midpack hell with shells flying everywhere whilst you're praying one doesn't bounce awkwardly towards you.

Blues1990

When I was unlocking the characters, I've quickly noticed that the Koopalings were being unlocked in the order they are fought in Super Mario Bros. 3. That has got to be some weird coincidence.

Brannon

I'll tell you what, GAF Race may be bloodfuckingly ruthless, but you can't deny that it almost overprepares you for the public races. My leads in public matches are legion, insurmountable, cavernous, and other words meaning wide as all get out.

Of course I shouldn't get too haughty since once I'm back in a GAF race, aw shit...

The best kind of shit, mind.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'll tell you what, GAF Race may be bloodfuckingly ruthless, but you can't deny that it almost overprepares you for the public races. My leads in public matches are legion, insurmountable, cavernous, and other words meaning wide as all get out.

Of course I shouldn't get too haughty since once I'm back in a GAF race, aw shit...

I like to think of it as the hyperbolic time chamber from DBZ. Makes you overpowered everywhere else.

Once you fall back in a GAF race you're done.

Blues1990

Damn the lobby crashed.

AnimeLuigiTwo.jpg

I blame Luigi for this.

Azure J

Once you fall back in a GAF race you're done.

I dunno, I feel like I always have a fighting chance if I fall to anywhere between 7th - 10th. Maybe that's because I make pretty silly kart setups based around a high top speed and acceleration most times.

I like to think of it as the hyperbolic time chamber from DBZ. Makes you overpowered everywhere else.

Wtching the WW/Regional rooms you'd think the game could never get really crazy. GAF races on the other hand look like the JPN Mario Kart 64 commercial with 50 Rosalinas, 10 Peach variants, a bunch of Luigis and Bowsers and the occasional DK/Waluigi who are all just essentially fighting each other on the back of their karts/bikes like the Advent Children highway scene while screaming "TURN SLOW DOWN FOR WHAT".

I just added my NNID to the spreadsheet. Tamedafame is my ID, I would love to play with anyone here on gaf.

This game is amazing, the best mario kart that ive ever played

Ansatz

Why do I always join rooms with low ranked players when I go online and pick global? It's kind of boring to constantly grab first place and then hope I don't get RNG'd.

Prototype

So new rainbow road isn't a big fan of me, or I of it.

This is because my preferred set up Rosalina on Sports Bike doesn't work well there. Is there something up with rainbow road surface? It certainly doesn't act like pavement. It may as well be ice.

N64 rainbow road on the other hand is a joke difficulty speaking, very very easy track to race.

ffdgh

This is because my preferred set up Rosalina on Sports Bike doesn't work well there. Is there something up with rainbow road surface? It certainly doesn't act like pavement. It may as well be ice.

N64 rainbow road on the other hand is a joke difficulty speaking, very very easy track to race.

Nope. Them tight turns.

Dereck

Finally got 3 stars at 150cc on 1 cup, very last lap of the last race I was 1st place and all I was getting was coins.

Barely got missed by a boomerang at the finish line.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah the road part acts like a different surface. Despite RR64 being easy I have actually fallen off doing a drift while a blooper hit because it had a huge impact on the traction.

Albo

Hypnodarknr raising an army of banana peels on the cloudtop cruise leaf shortcut confirmed

no one dare go through there lol

Top Bottom