• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Prototype

Yeah the road part acts like a different surface. Despite RR64 being easy I have actually fallen off doing a drift while a blooper hit because it had a huge impact on the traction.
Oh ya for sure, getting knocked off can certainly happen lol. I'm just going through time trails atm and all I have left is rainbow road and shy guy falls.

Unlocked Mii, now time for Hank Hill mii to school everyone

I shall make more miis now :p

Wait how do you make them not be heavy, I'd rather be middle weight class cause I'm used to it, can't turn when a heavy

Azure J

So new rainbow road isn't a big fan of me, or I of it.

This is because my preferred set up Rosalina on Sports Bike doesn't work well there. Is there something up with rainbow road surface? It certainly doesn't act like pavement. It may as well be ice.

N64 rainbow road on the other hand is a joke difficulty speaking, very very easy track to race.

Wait what? Rosalina and the Sport Bike combo in particular are godlike on RR8. From my experience (Rosa+Sport Bike+Retro Off Road+MKTV Parafoil), the thing to note is that is you can't drift on reaction to a lot of the curves on that stage. You have to start wide then abuse the deep turns, especially on the first and last curves on the level.

The only real bullshit happens if you either fall off on the antigrav section with lots of racers behind you or you trigger something like the Piranha Plant, Star, or Golden Mushroom on one of the drift curves.

Azuran

Banned
So new rainbow road isn't a big fan of me, or I of it.

This is because my preferred set up Rosalina on Sports Bike doesn't work well there. Is there something up with rainbow road surface? It certainly doesn't act like pavement. It may as well be ice.

N64 rainbow road on the other hand is a joke difficulty speaking, very very easy track to race.

The worst part about Rainbow Road is when people bump into you causing you to boost to your doom. That's the only tracks where I deliberate try to avoid people.

Grizzo

Okay so I was gonna come first and then that green shell rebounded and hit me from out of nowhere... and boom, 4th place :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The worst part about Rainbow Road is when people bump into you causing you to boost to your doom. That's the only tracks where I deliberate try to avoid people.

Yeah I usually start matches super aggressively to try and push into a good close drift but the start of RR can go so many ways. When I'm trailing someone and start to get a slipstream going I know I'm about to fly off the edge.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
After 2 weeks of no internet, the first thing I'm about to do is play MK8 online with GAF.

Albo

Dat feel when you happen to perfectly time a star right before a lightening bolt hits, then go on to win the race

Top Bottom