• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

ffdgh

Your name's very hard to type, actually. Here's a tutorial, guys:
Step 1) Tap 'F' twice.
Step 2) Tap the key one to the left of that.
Step 3) Now tap the key to the right of 'F'.
Step 4) Now move one more to the right and tap *that* key.

I know it's hard, guys, but you can do it!

>_> I can't tell if this is sarcasm for once lol.

ffdgh

So uhh...any specific reason everyone decided to go for me?
KuGsj.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Those first 2 laps were awful. Got a crazy 8 and it literally exploded in my face and someone took my star.

GAF's got some mighty fine kart drivers. I raced in the 150cc tournament for a couple of hours this afternoon, and while I was reliably top five, I don't think I even saw first place outside a thirty-second stretch on new Rainbow Road (a stretch that fortunately coincided with the end of the race).

What kinds of karts are people favoring? My stats gently decrease from speed to friction (it's all pretty even), but I'm wondering if it's worth sacrificing top speed for better acceleration or handling. It seems like if you're in the peloton, acceleration matters as much or more than top speed. And while I've learned to take turns super early to compensate my handling, a slack turn or two can be disastrous.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just one question for anyone who's managed to do it, are the gold kart parts worth it?

The golden kart is on par with the circuit special/coupe so I'm using it for now. The gold wheels are meh for my build since the slicks are faster.

Don't have the glider yet.

Zing

Banned
GAF vs GAF anyone? I'm jumping in the lobby now, need some self esteem boosting teamwork (other people winning and me pretending like I helped)
I'd love a team game. Where is the tournament code?

Edit, never mind, I didn't bother to read the new OT2 OP.

Top Bottom