• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Doorman

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| Green is mean; Red, you're dead; Blue...#%&@ you.

Alright GAF, here I come, let's see if I can make anything happen tonight.

Zing

Banned
Ok not playing team GAF vs GAF anymore. "Robusto" or someone on my own team just blasted me with the horn when I was second to last place and no other racers around.

I'll come back to regular tournament.

lt519

Ok not playing team GAF vs GAF anymore. "Robusto" or someone on my own team just blasted me with the horn when I was second to last place and no other racers around.

I'll come back to regular tournament.

Haha that was totally accidental, the tag didn't show above your name and instinct took over. Come back!

Azuran

Banned
Time to jump into action again and this time I'll be rocking Mario since people were crapping on him on the other thread.

It never fails that in the first 15 seconds of a race, I'll usually always slipstream boost into someones banana or shell that they are lugging behind them during one of those first turns.

Exentryk

It never fails that in the first 15 seconds of a race, I'll usually always slipstream boost into someones banana or shell that they are lugging behind them during one of those first turns.

And that essentially is the game. Lose there and get caught up in the pack.

Wow, this feels totally different from Mario Kart 7. Do you guys have any pointers for a newcomer? I don't think using the gamepad will work for me. Also, should I start getting used to fire hopping? I understand I need to beat the cups to unlock stuff and play some time trials to find short cuts and whatnot. I am just seeing if there's anything you guys can share with me. Thanks.

Doorman

I like to think of communication errors as Nintendo's way of urging us to get out and meet new people, instead of staying in the same little groups all night.

Draconian

No party system for this game is a stroke of genius. I tried to join a friend online and have been forced to spectate three straight races. Are you joking me Nintendo?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Communication error :(

Didn't realize there was more than one, haha.

Yeah there's a few, I mainly tell by the location of the boost ramp truck and if you can jump the bridge on lap 1 or not.

I do wish this had one like the n64 mirror mode where all the traffic was against you, because the track is way too easy to just drift the sides(and I cannot keep up with that inside drift here). But it's semi scary to do that when it's opposing traffic.

Doorman

YES!

Holy shit that last lap was all-clench. Nailed by a red shell right off the final jump, fell into the water, got carted to the landing pad and still managed first. :D

Azure J

Synota needs Jesus and a good woosah. What the fuck was that? Triple red shell to keep me pinned on the ramp section of Royal Raceway only for you to use triple green shells (two fired forward and a complimentary "fuck you" one fired backwards as I regained momentum)? Do you think you could have been any more overkill?

That's getting replayed.

Top Bottom