• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Malus

Does anyone else ever hold onto their item until the last minute, drop it to pick up an item box, and end up with neither?

:(

Does anyone else ever hold onto their item until the last minute, drop it to pick up an item box, and end up with neither?

Sometimes. It's much more common for me to let go of a banana/green shell, receive a Coin from the next item box, and then proceed to get hit by red shell(s).

Just one question for anyone who's managed to do it, are the gold kart parts worth it?

They're basically cosmetic. Each of them have the same stats as other parts.

Here's the stats for everything.

http://i.imgur.com/W2Lxnib.png

So I just looked into this Fire Hopping/Bunny Hopping thing and people on other sites are freaking out but it really doesn't seem to be nearly as overpowered as Snaking or even Funky Kong with the Bowser Bike/Flame Runner. Looks like it's mostly useful in Time Trials and that's about it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Sometimes. It's much more common for me to let go of a banana/green shell, receive a Coin from the next item box, and then proceed to get hit by red shell(s).

That's why I never drop a shell/banana in first unless I am guaranteed to hit someone. It's way too risky in this game to get coin mania.

BHZ Mayor

The golden kart is on par with the circuit special/coupe so I'm using it for now. The gold wheels are meh for my build since the slicks are faster.

Don't have the glider yet.

They're basically cosmetic. Each of them have the same stats as other parts.

Here's the stats for everything.

http://i.imgur.com/W2Lxnib.png

So I'll take that as follows:

Short answer: No
Long answer: No, fuck those star rankings, fuck mirror mode, fuck grand prix, and fuck whoever programmed the CPU.

SM239

I had this happen to me multiple times. Even if I let it go a bit before I hit the box I still get nothing.

Brannon

To Exentryk:

Sorry I deliberately green shelled you, but I needed to follow you to find out the Rainbow Road shortcut.

It was totes worth it.

Dr Prob

Banned
That multi car pile up right before the finish of Sweet Canyon was too much, from 2nd to 7th in an instant.

You were the cause of all that carnage with your HIGHLY ILLEGAL item spying. Came around the corner and saw you waiting on the blue, but it was too late and I was through the launcher. Everything from that point forward was pure chaos. Funny though. Ended up with a piranha plant just straight up eating people at the final jump.

GGs

Looking at that stats page I realized the Monster Wheels are basically useless since the only positive they give you is extra weight while decreasing most other stats.

BY2K

Membero Americo
p5Im9Fg.gif

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is it possible to destroy the blue shell with the horn if you're not in first? Not sure why'd you want to, but just curious.

ultron87

I really love the tournament system. Having an on-demand hopper for a specific community is such a grand idea. It isn't much, but getting to see occasional reactions here in the thread actually makes the online significantly more entertaining for me than it would be if I was playing with total randoms.

Hopefully they have something like this for Smash, though it'd have to be somewhat different with 4 player games.

Baleoce

That Mt Wario a few courses back.. Perfect race, and then get to finishing straight. Boom. Blue shell from back, followed up by triple red shells from 2nd xD ended up 6th.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I really love the tournament system. Having an on-demand hopper for a specific community is such a grand idea. It isn't much, but getting to see occasional reactions here in the thread actually makes the online significantly more entertaining for me than it would be if I was playing with total randoms.

Hopefully they have something like this for Smash, though it'd have to be somewhat different with 4 player games.
Imagine how fun it is over Skype for immediate reactions.

Fey

Banned
So many blue shells today. The first 3-4 races I had just now all had blue shells making an appearance. And in the first two races - twice! @_______@

Bless Pink GOD Peach I was 2nd/3rd whenever they hit
Skype-emoticons-09-kiss.gif

SM239

Lol wtf? I got hit back to 2nd by a red then a blue shell flys past me about 100 ft then turns around flys slowly towards me and blows me up.

moai

I really cant understand people that throw back red shells or the boomerang when they are 8th or lower place

Top Bottom