• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

nilbog21

Banned
how is this game? is it worth buying a Wii U for ? I very much disliked the Wii version, but I am a big fan of the N64 and Game cube versions, which I played quite seriously.. hard to assess what the consensus is, but it looks from this thread that people are having fun..

Doorman

For those of you that use the inside-drift-ish bikes in this game...how in the hell do you tackle that first S-bend on Rainbow Road? As soon as it starts to shift into the second curve it doesn't seem like there's any way to control the drift enough to actually take that and not damn near fall off.

lt519

how is this game? is it worth buying a Wii U for ? I very much disliked the Wii version, but I am a big fan of the N64 and Game cube versions, which I played quite seriously.. hard to assess what the consensus is, but it looks from this thread that people are having fun..

Just so you don't get ignored...it's not drastically different the Wii version but definitely much better. The courses are more creative, it's pretty, and it's more balanced. That being said don't buy a Wii U just because of Mario Kart, for 90% the novelty will wear off by the end of the month. Get a Wii U because of the free game and all all the other fantastic titles they have and what will come. (If really unsure buy refurbished or used and you can always resell)

Burning Justice

the superior princess
For those of you that use the inside-drift-ish bikes in this game...how in the hell do you tackle that first S-bend on Rainbow Road? As soon as it starts to shift into the second curve it doesn't seem like there's any way to control the drift enough to actually take that and not damn near fall off.
It's possible, but very, very difficult. You have to start your drift from the outside, then lean as hard as you can, then, as soon as you boost, drift the other way. I fall off of that turn all the time. Rainbow Road is probably my worst course with the combo I use.

Rootbeer

Banned
Wow, thanks to the amazon deal I just snagged a new copy for $47.75 after tax (dammit, Cali...). I will soon be joining your ranks!

Fbh

IMO, it's great. Much better than the Wii version.

Is it worth buying a WiiU for? Just for this game? No.
But this game plus all the other awesome stuff on the WiiU make it more than worth it to buy one.

I know it's a bit unfair to compare them as one has been on the market for a whole extra year. But so far my WiiU >>>>>>>>>>>> my Ps4

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
3 pink gold peaches, 2 rosalinas, baby rosalina...I have seen the gates of hell and it is this lobby.

Doorman

Of course as soon as I complain about my bike style on Rainbow Road I run into it again. Still have no idea what it is about those particular turns that seem to destroy the inner-drift bikes so much, but god damn.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
kade join satch and i in taking out the roslinda and the thing thats supposed to be the baby version

LimitedFreshAdeliepenguin.gif

WelllitInfantileEkaltadeta.gif

Raw64life

Finally cleared all the 150cc courses and had a go at Mirror Mode. Beat the first 2 courses on my first try before falling victim to item fuckery on Dolphin Shoals. Much easier than I though it was going to be. The tracks seem wider than most MK games and I never have a problem seeing most turns way ahead of time.

Jeels

Are there any strategies for making this game look better on a 50inch 1080p Tv? It looks ao nice on my 720p monitor, but the Wii U is in the living room so the family can play wii fit/sports.

Top Bottom