• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I have three stars on all cups including mirror mode

image.php

Insaniac

Whats going on with items guys? Can someone educate me as to their dispersion?

Why am I getting a single mushroom in 11th place while in 2nd and 3rd place are getting triple mushrooms?

And is it just me, or does it seem whoever can secure a decent lead in first becomes extremely hard to catch up to due to the severe lack of red shells generally?

It feels like the items have been toned down a little too much

For Mirror mode?

Oh, I misunderstood what I quoted. I thought it was about the 3 star requirement. I think all you had to do was place 1st to unlock Mirror Mode in MK7. MKDS was too long ago for my ancient brain to remember.

Why am I getting a single mushroom in 11th place while in 2nd and 3rd place are getting triple mushrooms?

And is it just me, or does it seem whoever can secure a decent lead in first becomes extremely hard to catch up to due to the severe lack of red shells generally?

Yet this is what people have been asking for since forever.

My thoery for a long time has been that's there's a formula built into the game behind the scenes to balance out the skill levels of the players so that by the end of the race people fall into the placements they would based on their skill and not just luck.

I've noticed when racing friends one on one they'll get much better items than me when they fall into 2nd and it makes sense since they're more skilled than me at the game most of the time.

Berordn

I swear I'm gonna get my ten thousand coins just from running Mirror Special Cup. I'm running it perfectly and then on the final bend of Rainbow Road I get pelted and passed by 3 CPUs. WHY

akaoni

Banned

The default item settings are based on distance from 1st, and when the 3rd lap comes around the items just go batshit crazy outside of 1st.

DaBoss

That fucking blue shell lol. Hit 2nd (me) and 3rd place and made us fall.

Also, 4 people voted for Toad's Turnpike....
Team NTSC vs Team PAL would be more appropriate! Australia is actually grouped with Europe under regional settings.
Oh yea. Yea it would.

ohlawd

item dispersion goes like this

if ohlawd is ahead of you, chance of getting an item that will fuck him up = 100%
if ohlawd is hella behind, chance of getting an item to get back ahead = 0%

-PXG-

*starts in 1st place*

*in 10th place in less than a minute*

This is par of the course. You should know and accept this by now. One's reign of supreme dominance and terror lasts only so long. The Mario Kart gods can't allow us mere mortals to wield such immense power for a second longer than we deserve. It is more than a fact. It's a virtue.

K' Dash

*starts in 1st place*

*in 10th place in less than a minute*

This happens A LOT to me, amazing how people get triple reds in 2nd place when I NEVER had that happen to me, when I'm 2nd all I get are coins and bananas, not even a green shell to throw, generally I can recover to be 5th and up, but it is still fucked up.

Yesterday I was in 2nd place almost at the finish line and, I had coming at me 3 red shells, 2 star powered guys and a bullet bill, the shells got me and I went from 2nd to 10th.

Sometimes it's not how good you can drive and defend, it's about luck.

I swear I'm gonna get my ten thousand coins just from running Mirror Special Cup. I'm running it perfectly and then on the final bend of Rainbow Road I get pelted and passed by 3 CPUs. WHY

Had to happen yesterday. Gonna take a break from it and focus on online.

Top Bottom