• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Who was the moron or group of morons that decided the option to watch the highlight reel was more important than being able to select the next race? Seriously, talk about annoying. They need to do a study on the habits of players playing their own game. "Hmm, most people probably would like to click through the text to get to the next race. I think I'll slap the highlights there instead." Absolute fail whoever that was.

Deputy Moonman
Moron = me. Don't forget that.
Lol

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Who was the moron or group of morons that decided the option to watch the highlight reel was more important than being able to select the next race? Seriously, talk about annoying. They need to do a study on the habits of players playing their own game. "Hmm, most people probably would like to click through the text to get to the next race. I think I'll slap the highlights there instead." Absolute fail whoever that was.

Deputy Moonman
Moron = me. Don't forget that.

:p

edit: dammit poster above, stealing my thunder

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
My hands are friggin' huge though. Gamepad is still perfect.

I know a lot of people have been saying their hands cramp if they don't use Y for acceleration, but yeah it's fine for me. Maybe we're just holding it differently.

My only beef with the Pro Controller is that the triggers dont feel springy. I dunno if its my unit or how it is in general. I love the feel of it overall but I wish the triggers were more satisfying to...well, trigger.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
My only beef with the Pro Controller is that the triggers dont feel springy. I dunno if its my unit or how it is in general. I love the feel of it overall but I wish the triggers were more satisfying to...well, trigger.

I actually like that about it since most games use the triggers as an extra button anyhow. It's replaced the 360 pad on my PC for that very reason.

Koren

Can you use the Wiimote+Nunchuck while using the U Pad as a display? I have to try...

Who was the moron or group of morons that decided the option to watch the highlight reel was more important than being able to select the next race? Seriously, talk about annoying.
That was my initial reaction.

Now, I've changed my mind. Pressing A several times still brings you the next race, you just waste a couple of seconds. Having the replay as the default avoid to discard the replay by mistake.

zruben

Banned
You guessed it right. Are you doing that too?

lol connection error :(

yeah, I'm from Monterrey and I have a PO Box in McAllen, TX, I can easily pick the physical rewards there =)

EDIT: freaking comm errors man... I'm this close to switching to worldwide. :/

Any pointers you guys can share? Should I drift every corner? I heard mixed things.

It's really all about the track layout overall. There are some tracks that have corners I take a more cautious approach to. Plus sometimes after certain corners there are boostpads or jumps to trick off of to get a mini-boost anyway. Just find a route you're comfortable with.

Koren

Any pointers you guys can share? Should I drift every corner? I heard mixed things.
I think the answer would depend on your kart/bike choice...

My bike combination understeer so much that I just can't take a corner without drifting except most gentle curves.

I'd be interested in the answer, though.

Top Bottom