• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Holy shit, the Hyperbolic Time Chamber analogy is right. KartGAF is so good that going worldwide (connection errors in our room) is cake.

Sendou

Any pointers you guys can share? Should I drift every corner? I heard mixed things.

Pro tips if you like winning (not saying all of these are good tips):

• Just drift anywhere you can without falling off or hitting stuff
  • When chasing 1st and you have a red shell at hand (and you have time e.g. it isn't the last lap) shoot the red shell when the player in the 1st place hits a item box. This way you can follow up with another item in case they were protecting their back. Some players also drop their protecting item just before item box to receive another but this is your chance to punish them.
  • Giving up your protective item (shell or banana the most commonly) for a item box when 1st is a bad idea.
  • Don't use a very light character.
  • Learn the new Rainbow Road well and vote for it always. People aren't very good at that track for some reason.
  • Learn shortcuts on every track. Both the ones you need a mushroom for and the ones you can use without. Learn when to save a shroom for a shortcut.
  • Green shell is a very powerful attack item. Learn to hit people in front of you with it. It can easily bypass a protective item
  • When you get a Crazy 8 use Star asap. It sucks when people steal it.
  • Always go for item box. Missing an item box usually costs you a spot or two in this game. When behind make your priority to get item boxes little out of the way too because the items you get are so good.
  • Collect coins. They make you faster.
  • There are times when braking for a speed pad is the best option. (After some lakitu recovers or getting hit with a blue shell for example)
  • Bananas on shortcuts... That shit will fuck people up.
  • Use GamePad to discover what item the people behind you and especially in front of you have. Shoot red shell asap if 1st is just having a coin or nothing.
  • You can look back using X. Use this to fuck people behind you up with shells.
  • Prepare to lose. This is a luck based game.

Broritos

gonna list some pro strats for you scrubs

1. if you have a red shell and theres someone in front of you, throw the red shell behind you.

2. if someone just got hit by an item and is currently at a stand still, hit them again.

3. use tilt controls.

gonna list some pro strats for you scrubs

1. if you have a red shell and theres someone in front of you, throw the red shell behind you.

2. if someone just got hit by an item and is currently at a stand still, hit them again.

3. use tilt controls.

Lol this is why I said nobody tries to win races. Also if you get a defensive item don't use it no matter what position you're in and don't get new items those 4 guys in front of you don't matter. 5th place is considered a win for some reason.

Top Bottom