• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If they didn't close that path to Peach's Castle I could have given her a visit and still won that.

Prancer roller isn't pink gold peach's best choice you know :p.

Circuit special, sports coup, mach 8, and gold with buttons/rollers will give 4.25 speed with the same 3 accel.
I'm going to get used to her but the tournament is clearly not the place to do it :lol

Now to see how long it takes for spots to open in that room, Prinny and I are trying to force our way in :)

gonna list some pro strats for you scrubs

1. if you have a red shell and theres someone in front of you, throw the red shell behind you.

2. if someone just got hit by an item and is currently at a stand still, hit them again.

3. use tilt controls.
4. If you get a lightning and 3 people are invincible, use your lightning immediately. Do not wait for them to become vulnerable and then zap them after they pass the next item line. That's such a dumb thing to do.

5. Hold onto your triple red shells when you are in 5th and then take the slowest racing lines possible. That'll show 6th place for sure.

6. If you're in 2nd or 3rd with an item that lets you dodge blue shells, someone who brakes for blues is in 1st, and you see somebody has a blue, blow your dodge and then brake immediately so the person with the blue shell becomes 1st with ease because everyone in front of them brakes. This is an awesome situation to be in. :)

7. Don't get coins. Becoming faster sucks.

8. Don't do techniques that make you go faster because they go against an illogical set of "morals" that nobody cares about.

9. Don't learn shortcuts. Those are for noobs.

10. Play on an HDTV with lots of display lag. This makes the game very easy to play.

ffdgh

I'm going to get used to her but the tournament is clearly not the place to do it :lol

Now to see how long it takes for spots to open in that room, Prinny and I are trying to force our way in :)

Your mii is also an option too with 4.75 speed and 3 accel. I wish you two luck lol.

Anyway it's time I gave wind waker a quick run through.

ffdgh

4. If you get a lightning and 3 people are invincible, use your lightning immediately. Do not wait for them to become vulnerable and then zap them after they pass the next item line. That's such a dumb thing to do.

5. Hold onto your triple red shells when you are in 5th and then take the slowest racing lines possible. That'll show 6th place for sure.

6. If you're in 2nd or 3rd with an item that lets you dodge blue shells, someone who brakes for blues is in 1st, and you see somebody has a blue, blow your dodge and then brake immediately so the person with the blue shell becomes 1st with ease because everyone in front of them brakes. This is an awesome situation to be in. :)

7. Don't get coins. Becoming faster sucks.

8. Don't do techniques that make you go faster because they go against an illogical set of "morals" that nobody cares about.

9. Don't learn shortcuts. Those are for noobs.

10. Play on an HDTV with lots of display lag. This makes the game very easy to play.

Number 4 and 6 don't work nearly as well here as they did in 7 due to the gamepad lol. I will admit Braking has saved me from blue shells tho <3

If you are tired of finishing last against NeoGAF OT try Worldwide Online for one race and see yourself dominate o_O

so boring but makes you feel better after a few races

I was thinking I really sucked

-PXG-

One fucking banana peel puts from 2nd to 11th. I then get nothing but utterly shit items and hit with every goddamn thing in the universe and still finish in 11th... What the fuck ever Mario Kart.

Lexxon

Comm error after the entire race just stopped. When I lapped 4 people that weren't moving...I knew something was up.

Has lag been a problem today? Saw a couple posts about it, I just got in.

akaoni

Banned
Well it's been laggy as shit for me the past few hours as it always seems to be in the evenings but I assumed it was just the NTSC players as always. Just now I held a red shell to me and had people bouncing off me without taking the hit, or even my item reels felt damn slow without being fully bugged.

Number 4 and 6 don't work nearly as well here as they did in 7 due to the gamepad lol. I will admit Braking has saved me from blue shells tho <3
My planned set-up:
1ac43b28ea.png

I'll be playing on like a 21" screen at a desk so that should be functional. We'll see.

EDIT: Though I might be able to "center" the GamePad better.

Downside being the person in front of you now has defense if they didn't already. And if they DID, they probably just got something else to drag along.

Yea if they don't have anything use it otherwise you're just wasting your items taking out their defense leaving yourself open for attack. That's why you wait until they use the items or you are about to get another one so you can take out their defense and then you might have another chance to attack. I'm just saying be smarter with item usage instead of wasting it on the back of the pack or the person that has just been hit 5 times in a row already. I still don't follow my own advice all the time. I'll get pissed off at somebody and try to get revenge and that always messes me up more lol

Lexxon

omg, fullmetal, where the hell did you come from!? Haha. Sanos, I had like 8 red shells in that race, only reason there was even any competition. You're fast, man.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Now that I've had a bit of time to put into the game... yeah, I love it. And I'm surprised, because I really haven't been a MK megafan. Something about the track designs and the technique involved in driving just feels so, so perfect this time around. Nintendo's really kicking ass on the WiiU these days.

Fbh

OMG, after several terrible races I was finally doing fine.

Last lap: Red Shell, then someone left a bomb and as soon as I recovered I got blasted away, then I was finally starting again and a thunder hit.

Went from 4th to 11th

Saw this on Tumblr, dunno if it's been posted here:

HCUd7m0.png

3fUWz2r.jpg

You can see Koopa Beach (from the N64 game) in the background of Sunshine Airport. Neat!

11 place 1 mushroom ok

Lol happens to me all the time while I get to watch everybody in front of me get bullet bills, lightning, etc. I think they made this game so frustrating for the sole purpose of you breaking your controllers and other gaming related accessories so you would have to buy more lol

RomanceDawn

OMG, after several terrible races I was finally doing fine.

Last lap: Red Shell, then someone left a bomb and as soon as I recovered I got blasted away, then I was finally starting again and a thunder hit.

Went from 4th to 11th

It's the life we chose.

Top Bottom