• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
so yeah...hit someone with a star on the last lap at the DK track and instead of leaving them behind it wrecks them in front of me

I saw some really weird shit earlier on the harbor level. Dudes just wrecking into the trolley and still trucking along.

reggie pls

So, we're hopefully going to be doing another session of MK8 with voice chat tomorrow. As of now, I'm planning on starting around 4 pm (PST) and, from the looks of the things, we already have 9 people who will be playing! Let me know if you want to join in. All you need is a Skype account and MK8. I'm assuming you all have that last one. ;)

We played last week and had an amazing time. Let's see if we can get this to be a regular thing!

If you are tired of finishing last against NeoGAF OT try Worldwide Online for one race and see yourself dominate o_O

so boring but makes you feel better after a few races

I was thinking I really sucked

Holy shit you're not kidding. First place, I got blue shelled at the end and still nobody even in sight when I recovered and crossed the line. On GAF I'm always middle of the pack.

Giever

This has probably been asked and answered already, but can anyone tell me whether or not there are actually sound settings for this game? I seriously can't find any, and if there's no way to lower the sound effects in relation to the music, that'd be a damn shame, since I really want to listen to it, but practically can't.

So, we're hopefully going to be doing another session of MK8 with voice chat tomorrow. As of now, I'm planning on starting around 4 pm (PST) and, from the looks of the things, we already have 9 people who will be playing! Let me know if you want to join in. All you need is a Skype account and MK8. I'm assuming you all have that last one. ;)

We played last week and had an amazing time. Let's see if we can get this to be a regular thing!

Yep...I'll be doing that tomorrow.

akaoni

Banned
This has probably been asked and answered already, but can anyone tell me whether or not there are actually sound settings for this game? I seriously can't find any, and if there's no way to lower the sound effects in relation to the music, that'd be a damn shame, since I really want to listen to it, but practically can't.

This game is fun and has everything I want so that shouldn't matter. 9/10. /s

This is amazing. Been trying to get into a Regional match with my two friends and we are never successful because COMMUNICATION ERROR. 5 times in a row now :). Gotta say, I'm a bit tired of dat Communication Error. Maybe if it occurred every blue moon or something. But jeez man. Seriously. Have a feeling we're about to get another one as soon as this match we are spectating is up. Can't wait~~ Perhaps this is punishment for not joining GAF tonight instead.

Edit: Oh, cool. No communication error. Hope I don't jinx it.

Prototype

If a blue shell is coming I'll try to get close to another racer if possible. If noti try to wait near item boxes or a boost pad.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I had a fucking Blue Shell hit me just before crossing the finish line twice.

Not two Blue Shells. As in, the exact same single fucking Blue Shell rolled up behind me, knocked me out, and then swung back for the explosive finishing move knocking me out AGAIN. It was brutal. It needs to be its own character in the next Smash Bros.

Nori Chan

3 stars on 50, 100, 150 and Mirror. And what do I get out of it?

a stupid miiverse post bout it

zlCfzSBIr5I4o5NO00
]

ffdgh

I had a fucking Blue Shell hit me just before crossing the finish line twice.

Not two Blue Shells. As in, the exact same single fucking Blue Shell rolled up behind me, knocked me out, and then swung back for the explosive finishing move knocking me out AGAIN. It was brutal. It needs to be its own character in the next Smash Bros.

I had that happen on sunshine airport once but not near the end but still in first. The blue shell went through me like it usually does on it's way to first and decided it wanted to finish the job by coming back and explode lol.

Fbh

My summary of every race online:

Lap 1-set up
Lap 2-false security
Lap 3-non stop murder pit simulator

Mine would be

Lap 1: Wow I'm doing great
Lap 2: Still doing great, will probably end up at least in the top 5
Lap 3: Army of red shells, thunder, bombs, other people with stars... tons of personal screw ups.... 12th

Top Bottom