• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

I kept getting golden mushrooms in the first set of item boxes on each lap. It is probably the worst item for the course and I got it at the worst set of item boxes.

Yeah, that got me too. Show me the stats damn it. FFFFFF-

That said, I like some of these shortcuts. Dang it Andre, how'd you miss that cool Mute City shortcut where you get some serious airtime? Looking forward to it a lot now.

Roo

Footage of all tracks, including Ice Ice Outpost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK21n5JbpwA

All of them look amazing.
I'm actually surprised with Wario's Gold Mine. Even tho it's really short, the anti-gravity section was well done. I think it's one of the few tracks where you can actually "feel" the gimmick. Music received a subtle new arragement, just like Grumble Volcano.
Rainbow Road looks just as chaotic as I thought it would be. My sodium levels =/
So far, I think Ice Ice Outpost is the weakest of the pack but I'll keep my coment about this one until I try it by myself.

Can't wait :D

DaBoss

I'm glad the retro courses don't have moments that are basically "we have to put anti-gravity, underwater, or flying because we have to" like in Wario Stadium. It seems they did the appropriate thing for the courses.

Though I guess we didn't see Yoshi Circuit that well, but it seemed like it had just a visual overhaul and no added sections. Maybe anti-gravity in that tight turn or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom