• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisD

I kinda want to get it for its art and music alone, but then I already have both of those at my fingertips. Even own the album.

Enforced

I haven't tried the battle system yet. I'll check it out tomorrow.
Edit: I thought you guys talking about balloon battle. I was reading it too fast.

Roo

Yeah, I enjoyed it quite a bit too. Hopefully they'll make a sequel.
I'm having a hard time trying to beat Nox. She's a pain in the ass. That why I'm here lol
Apparently I need to do some side fights to level up and unlock more stuff.

Exentryk

I'm having a hard time trying to beat Nox. She's a pain in the ass. That why I'm here lol
Apparently I need to do some side fights to level up and unlock more stuff.

Don't remember that one being tough tho. You might be underlevelled. Did you get the extra characters (the mage?).

Roo

Don't remember that one being tough tho. You might be underlevelled. Did you get the extra characters (the mage?).

lol yeah, I am.
I have all the characters available at this point but apparently I need to unlock the triple shock skill from the mage if I really want to beat Nox quickly.

Guess we're done. GGs, guys. (I was BAMX)
Oh man, I left the room after Exentryk because I thought there were no more GAF members in that room =/

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Oh man, I left the room after Exentryk because I thought there were no more GAF members in that room =/

Yeah, that's what I figured. I posted who I was on the last page, but I guess you didn't see it.

BAMX is my username on GF, so I was using that Mii so I could post there and have people know who I was.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So uh...

I was watching Pokemon XY Japan stream, one of the commercials is Mario Kart 8.

The whole commercial was played with an opera singer/violin as the background music while showing camera slowmo in Mario Kart TV. And the last one was the Luigi stare. They know of the Luigi stare.

Roo

Haha, that was an impressive race. So like no one racing in Gaf anymore? Haven't had time to play mario kart at all all week.
We still play in GAF.
Actually this is the first time we switch to GF afaik.

Also that race sucked. I got shitty items all the time u.u

Roo

You seem to be doing better than burning according to that replay.
That Cal guy had shells and offensive items most of the time. A golden mushroom saved my ass in the last set of item boxes because both Cal and Justice had triple mushrooms behind me.

atr0cious

I'm starting to think Battle is pretty fucking awesome. This is the first time Nintendo has sacrificed something for online multiplayer, and I think it works, especially because of the 12 players. I like practicing my lines while scoping for targets, then pulling off U turns to harrass someone with a bunch of shells. A map with everyone's location would be nice, but I don't really miss it.

DooD1234

That Cal guy had shells and offensive items most of the time. A golden mushroom saved my ass in the last set of item boxes because both Cal and Justice had triple mushrooms behind me.

Ah so you were pretty much stuck in item hell in the middle of the pack huh? I know that feeling too well lol.

I need to get some races in! All my free time has been filled with Metroid Prime lately though. It'll probably be like day 1 all over again:
last place :(

I was going neck and neck with a guy in randoms and finally managed to pull ahead in first place for a few seconds only to get smacked with a blue shell. Such a useless item.

Omnicent

I need to get some races in! All my free time has been filled with Metroid Prime lately though. It'll probably be like day 1 all over again:
last place :(

You'll be fine. I recently started playing Xenoblade (I have had this game on my shelf for about a year sealed till last week..... jrpg gaf I'm sorry. Please forgive me.... I did not know the awesome that is Xenoblade. Wont miss out on X though)
I did some gafcc earlier this week. Took a few races to warm up though.

You'll be fine. I recently started playing Xenoblade (I have had this game on my shelf for about a year sealed till last week..... jrpg gaf I'm sorry. Please forgive me.... I did not know the awesome that is Xenoblade. Wont miss out on X though)
I did some gafcc earlier this week. Took a few races to warm up though.

Yeah I've put over 200 hours in it already so after I play a few races everything should come back. I also have Xenoblade waiting on my shelf :( I got it once last January but never played it and then needed money so I sold it but I got it again January of this year and still haven't played it! I haven't been in an RPG mood lately though still haven't Bravely Default and a few others to play too.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Haha, that was an impressive race. So like no one racing in Gaf anymore? Haven't had time to play mario kart at all all week.
We still play in the GAF room when there's enough people. I have an account on GameFAQs, but I vastly prefer playing here to playing there.

I was having absolutely rotten luck in a lot of those races towards the end--seemed like no matter what I did, I could not avoid getting hit at the beginning. I switched to a kart and started firehopping because some other people in the room were doing it, but I think that just made things worse. I don't firehop very often, so I think I still need a bit of practice at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom