• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team |OT| Us North Americans Don't Have Bros

Heavy Zest is getting on my f**king nerves!

What do you mean I only have THREE TURNS to win a battle?!!!

!@£$*£@^$!@£*$%!)£@%^)!£@%^)!@££$^)!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Hey folks - I'm chatting with the devs behind Dream Team tomorrow night. If you've got any interesting questions, post'em and I'll do my best to get some answers.

Likelihood of Bowser getting another game. And ask about Wario/Waluigi if applicable.

Perhaps even if they have a project they would want to work on even if it isn't a Mario RPG.

It's always interesting to know what their next game will be, especially if they have idea's on a new concept.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hey folks - I'm chatting with the devs behind Dream Team tomorrow night. If you've got any interesting questions, post'em and I'll do my best to get some answers.
I would really like to know how the writers and/or localization team go about translating the humor in the game. Like, what kind of jokes were there in the Japanese version, and how did they go about deciding how to translate those jokes into something that a western audience would not only understand, but still find funny? Did they have to outright change anything - for example, were there any Japanese pop culture references or colloquialisms that just didn't translate well enough on their own?

TrueBlue

Ask about the possibility of playable appearances for characters such as Wario/Waluigi or Peach/Daisy alongside the Mario Bros.

Also, their thoughts in a console installment.

Probably too late :/

DaBoss

Ask about the possibility of playable appearances for characters such as Wario/Waluigi or Peach/Daisy alongside the Mario Bros.

Also, their thoughts in a console installment.

Probably too late :/

That would be more interesting than Wario/Waluigi IMO. Great idea.

TrueBlue

That would be more interesting than Wario/Waluigi IMO. Great idea.

Either of those pairs would be brilliant, if only because they would bounce so well off the antics of the Mario Bros, albeit in different ways. Plus, Peach always seems to be decently resourceful in this series, so I don't think it'd be a huge stretch to see her playable one day.

The new character combo we need is DK and Diddy, search your feelings for you know it to be true, and it'd be a nice change of scenery as well.
Mario and Luigi can take a break, they've earned it after four games.

How are any of you finding this game difficult in the slightest?

It might be the toughest game in the series when I think about it, not by much but I found some of the late game enemies to have some of the more trickier to evade attacks of any in the series as well as a few that hit like trucks. But the game gives you plenty of tools to work in your favour, I remember at one point in the game Mario had boots or something that gave him health from damaged enemies along with a health giving bracelet making him a pure regenerating machine, especially broken in the dream world.
Then you've got the badge mechanics and the class up bonuses, in ways it's easier but as I said, some enemies hit hard, possibly to compensate for all these little extras.

But really M&L games are only as hard as mastering the enemies attack pattern, once you've mastered that then there's not much to worry about.

Gartooth

Jealous of you guys, between this, Pikmin, and W101 coming out earlier outside NA I'm mad salty at NoA.

By the way how long is the game, and is there side quests outside of the story?

HoJu

The new character combo we need is DK and Diddy, search your feelings for you know it to be true, and it'd be a nice change of scenery as well.
Mario and Luigi can take a break, they've earned it after four games.

But they have, like, zero personality. I'd totally play that game, though.

Jealous of you guys, between this, Pikmin, and W101 coming out earlier outside NA I'm mad salty at NoA.

By the way how long is the game, and is there side quests outside of the story?
Around 30 hours or more depending on playstyle.
There's a collecting sidequest regarding the Pi'illo people, I think there might have been a trading sequence in one area but I never found the first part of the chain if there was so who knows if it leads to anything notable.
Then you've got some odd extras like a mini game where you make a picture out of puzzle pieces and the high score bros attack challenges.
Some optional bosses as well I think, tougher versions of previous ones.

But they have, like, zero personality. I'd totally play that game, though.
I don't know, Gorilla grunting and mannerisms puts DK on par with Mario's gibberish and woohoing at least.

jschreier

No answer on hypothetical games starring other characters. Lots of other interesting stuff though. My story should be up late next week or so.

Gartooth

Is the development team open to using Bowser as a playable character again in a future installment? I know they chose not to have him be playable in this game despite consideration, but that seems to be because they didn't want to deviate too much from the core of the series which is about Mario and Luigi.

Oidisco

Just facing off against the final boss now.

Overall I'd but this game just below SS, just above PiT and waaaay above BiS. Dream Team has a tonne of great things going for it, but there's quite a few small issues that drag down the experience a bit.

TrueBlue

Damn that final boss. 35 mins of fighting and it kills me. Sleep time.

Edit: Starlow is still a twat. Really hope she stays gone after this game.

shira

Here I go!

FQCEGVN.jpg

nice pic, shit so hype - must not break

Bought this to take with me on vacation, but already played a couple of hours. After having skipped BiS, I'm so happy to return to the series. Great stuff!

Larsen B

6 hours in and I've not had any issues with handholding or tutorials and this is as someone who has played games for 20 years and should probably feel insulted by such things.

Pretty much every tutorial can be skipped and learning how to jump takes a couple of seconds to go through the text.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
completed in 58 hours. Missed a few pi'llo people but man, what a game. Maybe I should give final fantasy xIII a gonow. I seem to be able to handle 20 hours of tutorials quiet well lol

Can't say this game ends on a good note. I had to ,,rage quit'' during the final boss fight, during some triple heal of his, considering I was still exhausted and leached out by the tedious as shit final dungeon that came before.
That crap went on for something like 4 hours. And I'm probably understating, lol. It features the most annoying enemies in game, the final gigantic battle reaches new levels of shit (and I've kinda liked them before) and the story conclusion is incredibly unsatisfying.

Alrus

Reached the second giant boss fight. I didn't mind the first one much but this one is tedious as hell. Guess the longer the fight goes, the more the controls show their shitty side. I don't remember hating that kind of fight nearly as much during BiS.

Oh and the whole part before that boss felt long and bloated.

eXistor

After 42 hours I still like the game, but man, this game could do with some cutting. Areas just go on and on. The dream parts are the most tedious imo, they just break the flow too much and feel like busywork most of the time. This game would be great if they cut all the extraneous content.

The game really shouldn't be longer than 25-30 hours. As it stands right now, I think I'll be done at the 60 hour mark, which I'm sure will be filled with repeated areas and samey goals. A real shame, because the core content is fantastic, they just spread it too thin.

Top Bottom