• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team |OT| Us North Americans Don't Have Bros

Here I go!

FQCEGVN.jpg

Shahadan

Only a few hrs into the game but why do they need to explain everything? I can figure out the direction to go or how to move without you needing to tell me. *Enemy runs to the right* Character says "Hey....look! He went to the right! We best go that way to get him! Mario......Luigi.....if we move right we may find him. Let's go that way before it is too late! Hurry or he will get away!" *proceeds to go right...*

The worst thing is when shitty helper 1 or 2 stops you to tell you after three paragraphs "We should hurry!"

Tizoc

Only 3 hours in and I am LOVING it as much as the first 3 games X3
Boss theme is terrific too.

My CMoA in the game is when you do an Excellent Hammer Attack and Dreamy Luigi follows with a POWER WAVE!

Approaching the end of the game (probably 3-5 hours left) and still enjoying it, although I'll admit that it is starting to feel like it's dragging on a bit. Definitely my favourite of the series so far, in that it has held my attention the most. Best 3D effect on the system by far as well. Some genuinely amazing looking stuff.

Man, the mountain area is soooo great. Awesome new habilities, so much stuff to do, plenty of secrets to find and so much freedom to explore every single corner. I was surprised of finding some Dream World sections with more than one entrance! And the enemies are just amazing, this game has by far the best battles in the series.

On the other hand I think the story of the game is going on too slowly and I feel that the "let's explore LUIGI'S DREAMS" gimmick is a lost oportunity to show something great (just talking about the story; as a gameplay feature the Dream World is brilliant).

Now by now I don't have problems anymore with tutorials. When you discover a new mechanic they show you the basic commands and how does it work in a 15 second speech and it's over.

BY2K

Membero Americo
To all you guys in the Middle East.

Screw you guys.

Regards,

A guy who wants to play the goddamn game already,.

RPGCrazied

I might use my $30 eShop coupon I got from registering FE and SMT 4. I don't know what else to use it for.

This is getting a digital release right?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
WTF

the mountain boss is kicking my arse proper

seriously, I've been fighting him for 40 minues and he just keeps stomping me

fourth time now

game really can be hard at times damn

Guys im stuck in the sands

I am saving 4 Pi'illos so u can open the gateaway. I meed to go underground to change the direction panels. How?

To all you guys in the Middle East.

Screw you guys.

Regards,

A guy who wants to play the goddamn game already,.

I know that feel brah ;p

Labadal

The boss battle after you save Dreamelder was so much fun! I did terribly at avoiding the attacks, but it was fun and challenging at the same time. Really enjoying this as my first M&L RPG. Again, soundtrack is amazing and It has stuck in my head.

Only 900 mb? Donkey kong was triple the size (18k blocks), and i'm very excited for what a game utilizing all potential 8GB of space might look like on this system. Are any games that big yet? Animal crossing is about this size too(6500~ blocks).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Only 900 mb? Donkey kong was triple the size (18k blocks), and i'm very excited for what a game utilizing all potential 8GB of space might look like on this system. Are any games that big yet? Animal crossing is about this size too(6500~ blocks).

Donkey Kong was also the port of a Wii game that probably used most of the DVD space whereas this game was built from the ground up for the 3DS.

I think Bravely Default also uses around 18k blocks.

jschreier

Hey folks - I'm chatting with the devs behind Dream Team tomorrow night. If you've got any interesting questions, post'em and I'll do my best to get some answers.

afoni

Banned
Hey folks - I'm chatting with the devs behind Dream Team tomorrow night. If you've got any interesting questions, post'em and I'll do my best to get some answers.

Is this a post-release thing? Because I have a heavily spoilery question:

Why did Antasma get pushed away from the spotlight so that Bowser could take it? It seems like a bit of a waste to take one of the more ambitious Mario series and plant Bowser as the main antagonist in it.

Please, ask them if they are aware that Dream Team includes too much handholding and so many tutorial sections. Or if that was one of the confictive points that Alphadream had to discuss with Nintendo supervisors (it was mentioned in a recent interview that they had some dissagreements).

jschreier

No spoilers. Not reading that - I'm only 14 hours in! (Just got to Mt. Pajamaja.)

Please, ask them if they are aware that Dream Team includes too much handholding and so many tutorial sections. Or if that was one of the confictive points that Alphadream had to discuss with Nintendo supervisors (it was mentioned in a recent interview that they had some dissagreements).

Yeah, that topic is #1 on my list already.

It would be also great if you could ask them which other Nintendo franchises they would like to participate in, now that there are already 4 Mario & Luigi installments maybe it's time to move on to something different.

Personally I have my reasons to think they could do a great job with a 2D Zelda or a Tingle game. With M&L3 and M&L4 they have demonstrated having great ideas for games that mix sidescrolling view with aerial camera, just like classic 2D Zeldas did in some dungeons.

afoni

Banned
Yo afoni, I think I got to that giant boss you hated so much.

The fourth Giant Luigi battle? I aced it :p

The motion controls during the dimensional rift section broke for me several times. It was so sensitive that too much movement in any direction just screwed up the calibration for me. Absolutely hated that fight.

Also, jschreier. Ask if the art style is something they want to continue experimenting with or whether they're going to stick with what M&L4 did graphically for M&L5.

Toad.T

Banned

1. Now that the saga of Mario & Luigi is four games strong, would you ever contemplate doing a game in this style for other Mushroom Kingdom duos, like Wario and Waluigi or Peach and Daisy?

2. If not, is there any other Nintendo franchise you'd like to tackle?

3. This is more so a question regarding Alpha Dream, but will we ever see another "Tomato Adventure" game again? Or as a reference in a upcoming installment?

4. Is it difficult to balance between having a lot of callback characters and having new villains and allies? Because it always seems like the new villains gets shafted as their last boss encounter involves them fusing with Bowser.

5. On the topic of callback villains/elements, was there any point in development where aspects of Luigi's other dream adventure came into play? Such as Wart, Mouser, Tweeters, etc...

6. Has their ever been a desire to do fully fledged projects on home consoles, or are you more comfortable with helping bigger studios?

7. Recently, your contemporaries at Game Freak have adopted a policy of more open game design. Their most recent efforts, Harmoknight and Solithorse (sp? That horse mahjong game.) were spearheaded because 3 people had an idea. Do you think Alpha dream would be able to do such a thing?

8. One of the hot topics in gaming as of late is the portrayal of female characters in various roles. Peach has been called out as the primary source of negative stereotypes. Do you think that you handle female characters, including Peach, relatively well? Or is there room for improvement with future installments/franchises?

9. On that note, how far are you allowed to go in regards to the characters? I don't mean attempting things seen in a modern-day adult film in regards to action/humor, but more so in terms of tone. Simply because, the second game, Partners in time featured some scenes that were dark (comparatively, I mean) when juxtaposed with the Mario universe. (One of the toads dying as he becomes fuel for the shroob's ship comes to mind.)

If I think of more, I'll edit this post.

HoJu

Ask them why there aren't any Wario & Waluigi RPG games.

Also if they plan on putting out their next game in a shorter amount of time.

Bladenic

Ask them why there aren't any Wario & Waluigi RPG games.

Also if they plan on putting out their next game in a shorter amount of time.

Actually ask them if Wario and Waluigi will ever appear as a villain duo. But I guess that makes TOO much sense doesn't it?

FZZ

Banned

Hmmmm...well I've always wondered what it was like to make the first Mario & Luigi game and differentiating it from the Paper Mario series, and how the concept of the game even came to be.

Also if you could ask if they ever plan on revisiting the Beanbean kingdom, that would be much appreciated.

Top Bottom