• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Agent Carter S2 |OT| S.H.I.E.L.D. L.A. - Tuesdays 9/8c

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
AGH3Bm9.jpg

Dat Civil War tie-in.

https://deadline.com/2016/02/agent-carter-hayley-atwell-star-conviction-abc-pilot-1201699699/

Hayley Atwell, star of ABC’s Marvel drama series Agent Carter, has been tapped as the lead of another ABC drama project, legal drama Conviction, where Atwell’s character coincidentally is also named Carter. The Mark Gordon Co. and ABC Studios are producing.

Agent Carter, now in its second cycle, is drawing pretty modest ratings and does not look promising for a Season 3 pickup. In case of a series order for Conviction and an unlikely renewal of the Marvel drama, ABC sources indicate that there could be a scenario where she could do both shows, potentially both as limited runs.

As much as I want there to be a Season 3, frankly Season 2 was a gift. As long as I get to see Hayley on my TV, I won't be too sad.

That team walk reminded me of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Minor nitpick: Wilkes is "walking" despite not having a corporeal form. Wouldn't he just kind of "float"? I think keeping him in Stark's house is a waste of his potential eavesdropping abilities.

Blader

I haven't watched last night's ep yet, but is anyone else feeling kind of checked out on this season? I liked S1 but this year's feels extremely stretched out with little happening from episode to episode, and not a lot of reason to care.

I still like it for the Peggy and Jarvis chemistry, but this season has been feeling pretty bland to me so far.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I haven't watched last night's ep yet, but is anyone else feeling kind of checked out on this season? I liked S1 but this year's feels extremely stretched out with little happening from episode to episode, and not a lot of reason to care.

I still like it for the Peggy and Jarvis chemistry, but this season has been feeling pretty bland to me so far.

Yeah, my reaction to pretty much every episode is "okay." Not really ever anticipating the next one. Probably for the best if they wrap it up this season.

Cuburt

I've been pretty disappointed with the direction they have chosen for season 2. The comedy feels a little too goofy at times and the strange sort of science/powers/tech feels a little too out disconnected from the tone compared to how they played it last season. Not that there is anything bad about either aspect but it feels like they over do it to capture the younger demographic the first season lacked. To me, I felt they should have embraced the slightly older skewing audience with more mature storylines. The show felt like it shone with the more noir tone and straight old fashioned spy shenanigans and gadgets with just a twist of comic book craziness. There is a lot of cool ground they could have covered with the creation of SHIELD or with the Howling Commandos (who did Peggy marry, like she mentions in CA: TWS).

They had to have known this season was the gamble for the future of the series rather than the cute slot filler that will get by just from keeping the seat warm for AoS on it's break. The returning cast is good (feels a little weaker to me than S1, and even what felt thin at times but focused, at least) but it lacks the dynamic of Carter trying to prove herself at the SSR in S1 that tied things together well.

I don't know, I just can't shake the feeling that this season, which is probably the last, has been a missed opportunity so far.

We could still be seeing the creation of SHIELD here. This season has established a "huge conspiracy, trust no one" vibe beneath all the silliness; that proto-HYDRA is in fact everywhere and Peggy needed to form an inner circle of trusted people. I could see SHIELD growing from that.

We could still be seeing the creation of SHIELD here. This season has established a "huge conspiracy, trust no one" vibe beneath all the silliness; that proto-HYDRA is in fact everywhere and Peggy needed to form an inner circle of trusted people. I could see SHIELD growing from that.

That's still probably the biggest shame if the series isn't renewed, I would have loved to see a time jump to early SHIELD in the late 60s early 70s, with Peggy, Howard (now played by John Slattery), Jarvis, Young Tony, and young Hank Pym as Ant-Man.

Finally caught up on this season so I can post in here at last.

I think this is a huge step up from season 1. It's goofier but that gives it a lot of charm, where season one was outright dull at times because it took itself so seriously.

The chemistry between all the main characters has improved a lot and Carter/Jarvis are one of my favourite "teams" on TV in quite some time.

This isnt groundbreaking television but its an old fashioned good time with quite a bit of heart to it and its a damn shame that this season will likely be the end :(

sobaka770

Banned
Man, I don't really follow the ratings, but, in my opinon, Agent Carter is a pretty damn good show. I mean, they really have this "period" feel down, lots of humour and barely any awkwardness.

I mean, compare that to something like Supergirl or Arrow (or that new Legends of Tomorrow mash-up) where I cringe every other minute because of the lame-ass dialogue and plots. Damn shame if they get renewed and this doesn't, the pre-history of SHIELD is fascinating.

Man, I don't really follow the ratings, but, in my opinon, Agent Carter is a pretty damn good show. I mean, they really have this "period" feel down, lots of humour and barely any awkwardness.

I mean, compare that to something like Supergirl or Arrow (or that new Legends of Tomorrow mash-up) where I cringe every other minute because of the lame-ass dialogue and plots. Damn shame if they get renewed and this doesn't, the pre-history of SHIELD is fascinating.

Sadly history has proven that quality is by no means a guarantee a show will survive :( sometimes they just don't find an audience no matter how good they are.

TheOddOne

Two new back-to-back episodes today:
Season 2: episode 6 "Life of the Party"

When Peggy realizes she cannot save Wilkes on her own, she turns to her most unexpected adversary for help while Whitney makes a move to control the deadly Zero Matter.

Season 2: episode 7 "Monsters"

As Peggy plots a rescue mission, Whitney hunts for even more dark power; and Jarvis learns he should not make promises he cannot keep.
- Promo for this week's episodes.

abundant

Why are we back-to-back this week? ABC trying to run through this as fast as they can?

Also just realized that next week has back-to-back episodes, too, with the finale airing on March 1. What's the deal?

AoS returns March 8th, so it looks like this was planned from the start.

-griffy-

Banned
Why are we back-to-back this week? ABC trying to run through this as fast as they can?

Also just realized that next week has back-to-back episodes, too, with the finale airing on March 1. What's the deal?

Probably because it got a delayed start due to the State of the Union winding up on the same night the premiere was originally slated for.

Top Bottom