• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Franklin is something for a far later Sequel, no need to overrush things.
Also, he is a mutant and will most likely be nerfed or something.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | 'Lame Party' Clip

Tom Holland on that IW set photo of him in the mocap suit:

“I think that’s because my suit sometimes when you’re doing stuff where so much CGI is happening behind you, it's easier to CGI everything,” Holland explains to Italian outlet Bad Taste. “I just show up and do as I’m told. So, I think that’s because CGI going on on that set that its easier to just paint the Homecoming suit onto my body rather than me wear and them have to paint over it.”

Platy

A Mysterio spinoff has the potential to be REALLY good.

Like Birdman style but more comedy and depression

I take it you haven't seen Doctor Strange or any of the movies with Infinity Stones.

It is frankling "galactus as a pet" richards we are talking about.

movie Strange with the infinity gauntlet does not come close =P

The Kree

Banned
A Mysterio spinoff has the potential to be REALLY good.

Like Birdman style but more comedy and depression

It is frankling "galactus as a pet" richards we are talking about.

movie Strange with the infinity gauntlet does not come close =P

You're acting like everybody doesn't get nerfed on film. And for all his power, Franklin has never actually done anything worthwhile.

Platy

You're acting like everybody doesn't get nerfed on film. And for all his power, Franklin has never actually done anything worthwhile.

Because with the exception of alternate universes, he never ages.

Can't do that with movies

Also can't nerf much someone whose basic definition is "can alter the very fabric of existence"

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New Infinity War behind the scenes pic:

iXVQJSr.jpg

The Kree

Banned
So saving earth from beeing attacked by multiple Celestials is not wortwhile?

Doctor Strange>Shuma Gorath>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any number of Celestials

It's not really a comparison. They do more talking about how powerful Franklin could be than showing how powerful he is.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So Stark will be around with Spider-Man and Star-Lord and also with Strange, Wong and The Hulk.

So much for my theory that everyone splits in small groups and we follow three or more perspectives on the overall story.

jmood88

So Stark will be around with Spider-Man and Star-Lord and also with Strange, Wong and The Hulk.

So much for my theory that everyone splits in small groups and we follow three or more perspectives on the overall story.
I don't see how a picture outside of the set suggests anything about how the story will go.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am curious how much Tom is earning with Homecoming.

I don't see how a picture outside of the set suggests anything about how the story will go.

Why should Robert Downey Jr. spend a day on a set where he has nothing to shot? He can be there just to hang out with the other, but its more likely that they have a scene together.

Anth0ny

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-how-sony-learned-cede-control-marvel-1015408

In depth article on how Sony and Marvel made the deal to share Spider-Man. Interesting that it was Ike Perlmutter who initially offered the deal.

hey fox

take. the. hint.

How the armies of lawyers for the two corporate behemoths, Disney-owned Marvel and Sony, ever reached an agreement in February 2015 might seem complicated. But Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige says it actually was quite simple. "It really came down to me telling Amy in her office that I think the best thing for this character is: Sony has the rights, that's not changing," Feige recalls. "Have Sony pay for the movie, distribute the movie, market the movie. Just let us make the movie and incorporate him into our universe."

how does this not benefit the X-Men or Fantastic Four?

I think Fox is just waiting on Homecoming to make sure it's a successful deal then we're gonna see Doom pop up in the MCU. It makes too much sense for everyone.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"Have Sony pay for the movie, distribute the movie, market the movie. Just let us make the movie and incorporate him into our universe."

Like many have thought, the shitty marketing is Sony's fault. Fucking Sony can't do anything right.

how does this not benefit the X-Men or Fantastic Four?

I think Fox is just waiting on Homecoming to make sure it's a successful deal then we're gonna see Doom pop up in the MCU. It makes too much sense for everyone.

Or Marvel just never approached Fox about a similar deal... There has to be good reason for Marvel to even consider making a movie for a rival studio, and it's not just being able to use him in their movies (hint: its the merchandising $$$$ they make and what a popular Spider-Man movie can do for it)

X-Men or F4 don't make nearly as much merchandising as Spidey does, and Disney doesn't own full rights to them either like they do for Spidey.

jmood88

I am curious how much Tom is earning with Homecoming.

Why should Robert Downey Jr. spend a day on a set where he has nothing to shot? He can be there just to hang out with the other, but its more likely that they have a scene together.
You have no idea what scenes they're filming or if the other guys were around doing other stuff (costume fitting or something else) or anything else. A single picture away from the set tells you exactly nothing.

Rotten Tomatoes predictions for Homecoming?

I'll go with a cautious 67%.

Impressions for screenings are allowed on Friday. Reviews on Wednesday (or Thursday) next week. But I hear it's pretty good. Rotten Tomatoes operates on a binary like/dislike system, so it'll probably score quite high with a decent enough average.

Rubbish at predicting these things so I'll say high 80s%.

Top Bottom