• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
My usual IMAX theater still doesn't have Spider-Man: Homecoming tickets up, yet. That's weird.
Just went and bought 26 tix for people at work from a Cinemark theatre, but I had to actually go to the theatre to buy them. Their website was borked and didn't have any listings for Spider-Man even though the site clearly advertised "Advanced Tickets Now Available". What's weird is that they were able to be purchased last Wednesday, but when I went to buy them 2 days later, all the show times were gone. Told the guy at the ticket counter and he was like, "Hmm that's odd. I was wondering why we haven't sold any yet..."

So yeah, call your theatre or just go there and I'm sure you'll be able to buy them.

Neoxon

Just went and bought 26 tix for people at work from a Cinemark theatre, but I had to actually go to the theatre to buy them. Their website was borked and didn't have any listings for Spider-Man even though the site clearly advertised "Advanced Tickets Now Available". What's weird is that they were able to be purchased last Wednesday, but when I went to buy them 2 days later, all the show times were gone. Told the guy at the ticket counter and he was like, "Hmm that's odd. I was wondering why we haven't sold any yet..."

So yeah, call your theatre or just go there and I'm sure you'll be able to buy them.
I did call them, but all I got was the automated message system with no option to talk to an employee. I may have to pay the theater a visit later this week.

Are tickets available already? Neither of my theaters lists them yet. Marvel usually has some "tickets available now!" announcement, don't they?

They're available in most theaters yeah. My IMAX theater I go to hasn't posted them yet.

Actually looking at the list it's maybe only AMC theaters that have tickets available? At least in my area.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
oddly enough my regular theatre also isnt doing presale which is crazy

i had to get my tickets at a different one a few weeks back

i also blame sony vs disney distro

Neoxon

Step your ticket pre-sales game up, Sony. I can't give you & Marvel my money unless you keep my theater in the loop.

Can't wait till the movie comes out and "since Spider-Man 2" is removed as a qualifier.
I like you. We live in hope.

I feel like I'm living in a time loop seeing that goddamn Iron Man & Spidey moving towards the camera shot at the end of ever spot or trailer. When that actual shots in the film it's going to be such an anti-climax to what I imagine was meant to be a big moment.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I had the biggest smile on my face watching this. If the whole movie is like this then I'm in for a treat.
Holland is so likeable! and funny.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfk7bEnnOZU

Yeah, I was just about to comment on this. Very charming.

I was watching Tom Holland's appearance on the Graham Norton Show and really struck me what a great choice Holland was for the role of Peter. He really does look uncannily like the character.

I have my doubts about Homecoming but Holland certainly isn't one of them.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I just hate his voice. I can fully understand now when someone like Doc Ocks goes fully "shut up!shut up! shut up!" Still, not a problem since I never watch movies with english audio.

SpaceWolf

Banned
When I was little I would also watch Danish dubs but later on I turned to English voices and subtitles exclusively, so I was just curious. :) Cool enough that you watch them with German dubs.

Didn't know you were Danish, Pachmari!

Man, it's like the United Nations in here.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Yeah, well I'm half Danish, lived here all my life. Where you from? US?

latest

SpaceWolf

Banned
I actually didn't!

Kind of like a little tease that he'll be in a future movie (The First Avenger). A very small role, though.

We Brits have been well served by the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

season%2B2%2Bjarvis.jpg

Fitz-and-Simmons-Arms-Are-Crossed-e1428716019931.jpg

latest

^British guy from Thor: Dark World. Did you know his name was "Ian Boothby"? That is indeed a thing Google just told me.

curb

Banned
I was reading the new F4 thread and it just makes me sad. Focusing on Val (oh, yeah, and Franklin too) doesn't sound terrible but for the love of all things good and right, this should be happening in the MCU. I needs my Hickman Illuminati. Oh, and "kid friendly" is another red flag.

Anth0ny

how quickly you all forget

in 2015 the rumors were all r-rated venom movie, sinister six movie and aunt may movie for the spider-man cinematic universe

then BAM spidey joins the MCU

these rumors will get shit on, and doom will pop up at the end of avengers 4. #believe

Platy

I was reading the new F4 thread and it just makes me sad. Focusing on Val (oh, yeah, and Franklin too) doesn't sound terrible but for the love of all things good and right, this should be happening in the MCU. I needs my Hickman Illuminati. Oh, and "kid friendly" is another red flag.

...yeah no.

If there is one thing the MCU can survive perfectly without it is reality altering powers

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Saw there's some local contests to get tickets for a Homecoming screening in 8 days but I didn't see anything else besides the content. Have they already put up the tickets for the screening and I missed out? And if not, does anyone know when they might be doing that?

Speaking of reality and Strange, I read that Feige confirmed Wanda taps into the same magic but she's not refined. I do wonder what type of magic she's tapping into, exactly. I hope that she's more than just a telekinetic in Infinity War.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Speaking of reality and Strange, I read that Feige confirmed Wanda taps into the same magic but she's not refined. I do wonder what type of magic she's tapping into, exactly. I hope that she's more than just a telekinetic in Infinity War.

it's Chaos Magic - Feige dropped a hint:
"Her powers, she’s never had any training, I’m talking about Scarlet Witch. She never had any training; she’s figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that’s why her powers are much more chaotic and much more loose in the way that we showcased those light effects. In [Doctor Strange], some of what you might see today, even the cover of Entertainment Weekly, it’s much tighter. It’s all about focus. It’s all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way.”

The Kree

Banned
The recent Venom news made me think about Kevin Feige's comment about potentially moving away from the concept of "Phases" after Avengers 4.

So far the timeline has been mostly linear and taking place in real time, with the Avengers films serving as the filmic counterpart to comic crossover events. What If?... instead of phases bookended by big team-ups, Marvel Studios had a hand in crafting crossovers with other studios. With crossovers in solo films becoming more common, Avengers films become less special. The next step would seem to be team crossovers, but we only have two prominent teams in the films (who will meet in Infinity War), and some secondary teams on the TV side that may or may not meet the movie teams. But if everybody played nice and this became the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse, we could get stuff like Spider-Verse, Avengers Vs. X-Men, and a proper Secret Wars adaptation featuring Fantastic Four, without irreparably breaking any continuities. That would be more interesting than Avengers 5, 6, 7, etc.

I feel like this is the most plausible best case scenario from a fan standpoint since we know certain movie rights situations are virtually unchangeable.

Top Bottom