• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
This, and the Nigtshade casting. Jesus did things just get unnecesarily more complicated.
I wonder if this potentially is why there will be no more phases. The level of fucks reserved for keeping things in order just went out the window now that they are working on the last pieces of the big saga.

Or, rather, I wonder if this is a result of them deciding not to care and ditch the phase structure.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

tenor.gif

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New interview with Kevin Feige:

http://m.torontosun.com/2017/07/06/...ure-of-the-mcu-and-replacing-robert-downey-jr

Does Ragnarok mark the end of a Thor trilogy?
I think that we are finding ourselves as we complete Phase 3 and finish this 22-movie narrative that it’s working out that way. We did three Iron Man films, three Captain America films, three Thor films. Things change drastically in Ragnarok and then build directly into Infinity War.

Do you have an idea yet of who you want as the villain for the next Spider-Man?
We are excited to use characters that you haven’t seen before on screen. So that narrows it down a little bit in terms of who will pop up next. Spider-Man has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to villains and there are a lot that haven’t been touched upon. It’s those that we will be looking at first.

Good to know that Ragnarok will raise the stakes in the MCU despite its comedic tone in the trailers.

SpaceWolf

Banned
New interview with Kevin Feige:

http://m.torontosun.com/2017/07/06/...ure-of-the-mcu-and-replacing-robert-downey-jr

Good to know that Ragnarok will raise the stakes in the MCU despite its comedic tone in the trailers.

Will Sony's Venom spinoff with Tom Hardy be integrated into the MCU?

No, it's completely separate.

giphy.gif

Do you have an idea yet of who you want as the villain for the next Spider-Man?

We are excited to use characters that you haven't seen before on screen. So that narrows it down a little bit in terms of who will pop up next. Spider-Man has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to villains and there are a lot that haven't been touched upon. It's those that we will be looking at first.

Mysterio-76654.gif

MYSTERIOING INTENSIFIES.

Seeing Spider-Man in an hour and I'm already mega-hyped for Thor.

It's crazy. Over the next 12 months we're going to have:
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Ant-Man and the Wasp (7/6/18)

I can't with these embarrassment of riches.

Pachimari

I seriously want Scorpion as a main villain. I'm sure they can do something great with that character like they did with Vulture. But yeah, Mysterio and Kraven would be even better choices.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I thought Sony said they planned to use Mysterio in one of their Spider-Man movies. Along with Kraven.

No, apparently, Sony are reported to be mulling over a Mysterio/Kraven spin-off.

Which is....just....

I don't want to think about that. With any luck, they'll come to their senses and make Mysterio the main bad guy for the Spider-Man sequel where he belongs.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Joan Lee, Wife of Marvel Comics Legend Stan Lee, Dies at 93

Joan Lee, the wife of Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee, died Thursday in Los Angeles. She was 93.

"I can confirm the sad news that Joan Lee passed away this morning quietly and surrounded by her family," a spokesperson for Stan Lee and his family said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "The family ask that you please give them time to grieve and respect their privacy during this difficult time."

Joan Lee suffered a stroke earlier in the week and was hospitalized, according to sources.

The former British hat model and Lee were married on Dec. 5, 1947, and were by all accounts hopelessly devoted to each other. They had two children: J.C. (Joan Celia), who was born in 1950, and Jan, who died three days after her birth in 1953.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's a tragedy that we've gone through 6 Spider-Man movies now with no sign of Mysterio. Then again, he's been getting the short end of the stick in the comics for a while now too.

The Kree

Banned
If they do Sinister Six they should go with all animal themed villains and leave Mysterio for a separate thing.

Vulture, Rhino, Scorpion, Hobgoblin, Ock, and Jackal would be my team.

SpaceWolf

Banned
It's a tragedy that we've gone through 6 Spider-Man movies now with no sign of Mysterio. Then again, he's been getting the short end of the stick in the comics for a while now too.

I'm just glad he wasn't wasted on The Amazing Spider-Man series, honestly. This way his chances are significantly boosted for appearing in the sequel. Given the relatively theatrical and bombastic nature of Mysterio as a character, it was highly doubtful he was going to appear in the first film, given that they probably wanted a villain as relatively uncomplicated and painless to set-up as Vulture whilst Marvel was busy establishing this new iteration of the character in the minds of audiences.

Mysterio's always been my favourite Spider-Man villain though, even back when I was a child. I've been gunning for him to be in one of these Spider-Man movies for a ridiculous amount of time, so hopefully it'll happen sometime soon.

Just got back. Really enjoyed it. After two outings, I'm going to say that Tom Holland is my favorite Spidey now.

Also, laughed loudly at the split-second
Batman
easter egg.

Neoxon

Just saw Spider-Man: Homecoming, looks like I'm gonna have to restructure my MCU Top 5. It was a damn good movie.

exYle

That was some good shit right there. Spider's hero moment was so fucking good, I was really vibing with that scene

Just need Ragnarok to be as good as its trailer/director promises, then it'll be a 3/3 year for the MCU in terms of enjoyable films. Guardians 2 and Spider-Man were both just an absolute joy to watch.

Neoxon

Just need Ragnarok to be as good as its trailer/director promises, then it'll be a 3/3 year for the MCU in terms of enjoyable films. Guardians 2 and Spider-Man were both just an absolute joy to watch.
2014 has already been dethroned for me as far as the MCU goes. Thor just needs to clean up shop at this point.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Confirmed: Russo Bros hate Jeremy Renner by making him do his own stunts

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/j...-arms-stunt-avengers-infinity-war-1202489347/

jeremy-renner.jpg

Jeremy Renner said Friday that he ”broke his arms" during a stunt on ”Avengers: Infinity War," which is filming.

Speaking at a Karlovy Vary Film Festival press conference on Friday for Taylor Sheridan's ”Wind River," the actor said he fractured his right elbow and his left wrist. ”That's how it goes," Renner said. ”It's part of the job."

lol

Top Bottom