• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

SpaceWolf

Banned
Here's a sneak peek at Wasp.

DERBBt-UAAEiYnb.jpg

Needs much more yellow and black!

I wonder how this scene was originally intended to fit into the movie.

Cool little detail from Spiderman: Homecoming. Check out the building to the right of the Thai restaurant.

Guess a new religion has surfaced in the MCU.
Oh huh.

That's such a cool detail. It only makes sense that having the real Norse gods walking among you would inspire that religion to come back with a vengeance.

jph139

Cool little detail from Spiderman: Homecoming. Check out the building to the right of the Thai restaurant.

Guess a new religion has surfaced in the MCU.

Pretty sure there was an AoS episode about that. I feel like it was more of a weird cult than an organized religion though, so I figure they've must be growing pretty rapidly.

The Kree

Banned
Pretty sure there was an AoS episode about that. I feel like it was more of a weird cult than an organized religion though, so I figure they've must be growing pretty rapidly.

One might say the only difference between a cult and an organized religion is volume.

JeTmAn81

I'm not able to get out to see Homecoming right now but have been watching the OG Spider-Man trilogy. I can't believe the best part of Spider-Man 3 actually ends up being the "revenge jazz dance" sequence in hindsight. Comedy gold.

Spinluck

Maybe it's me being a cynic, but I feel like Sony will somehow ruin this partnership, and we'll get screwed from having Spidey in the MCU.

Which I don't understand because they don't have much of a motive to do that.

They don't have the merchandising rights, and they lost the TV rights.

They have that exclusive Spidey PS4 game but that's kind of unrelated to them having creative control of their movies.

The Kree

Banned
So you don't understand your own cynicism?

I don't really get why everyone is fretting about Sony yanking Spider-Man away from the MCU. The movie's out and it's good. He's gonna be in a few more and those will probably be good, too. Just enjoy it while it lasts and stop worrying. When it ends, we'll move on to the next thing.

Fhtagn

So you don't understand your own cynicism?

I don't really get why everyone is fretting about Sony yanking Spider-Man away from the MCU. The movie's out and it's good. He's gonna be in a few more and those will probably be good, too. Just enjoy it while it lasts and stop worrying. When it ends, we'll move on to the next thing.

Yeah, we're getting at least five movies featuring Spider-Man with Marvel at the controls, so that's a win for us, and I see reason to be optimistic that Sony will consider it in their best interests to keep working with Marvel beyond that. People like seeing him in this context.

And hey, if they do pull some nonsense and it bombs, maybe by then it'd make sense for Disney to just buy Sony Pictures outright. They aren't exactly in great shape and this'll be a few more years down the line; they'll either manage a recovery or be in even worse shape... unlikely to stay limping along like this forever.

Pachimari

Yeah, we're getting at least five movies featuring Spider-Man with Marvel at the controls, so that's a win for us, and I see reason to be optimistic that Sony will consider it in their best interests to keep working with Marvel beyond that. People like seeing him in this context.

And hey, if they do pull some nonsense and it bombs, maybe by then it'd make sense for Disney to just buy Sony Pictures outright. They aren't exactly in great shape and this'll be a few more years down the line; they'll either manage a recovery or be in even worse shape... unlikely to stay limping along like this forever.

I think it's more likely that Disney pulls the plug than the other way around... Sony's getting a great deal out of this whereas Disney gets screwed by not being able to make movies for themselves and losing out on opportunity cost. If their original intention was to rejuvenate the Spider-Man franchise (for merchandising purposes) and be able to play with him in the MCU for a bit, that objective's already been met, so...

AMUSIX

Mary Lou? I don't get it.

Infinity War is actually going to be a thinly veiled remake of a classic:

A former airline stewardess becomes the new singer for a traveling nightclub band, but problems arise when the group's previous crooner demands her old job back.
qgpa1zdh.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished phase 1 in my marathon (well, technically its not a marathon if you dont watch all in a row, but anyway), I actually liked Thor 1 a heck of a lot more than I remembered, and there's also a lot more mystical stuff than I remembered. Frost Giants are a big part of it and they are very faithful (except in size I guess). Captain America The First Avenger tho, is bloody fantastic and I always pegged it as one of the worst in the series. How wrong I was, I absolutely loved it this time around. I didnt even remember Bucky was in it, same actor and everything.

Avengers on the other hand, im still so-so about. It's cool to see them all come together, but I still think the movie isnt very good. For all the shit AoU gets, I dont think the first one is much better tbh. And the suits are awful, both Cap and Thor.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The first two acts of Captain America: The First Avenger are great (especially the first in relation to all the lovely origin stuff) but the third actively deflates the movie, in my opinion.

Pachimari

Black Panther is gonna be the best cmb ever.

Now that I was let down on Iron Fist and probably Inhumans, I seriously hope they bring the real deal with my favorite (besides Daredevil) hero.

Top Bottom