• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

JjQ4Bjy.jpg

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I feel like I'm stuck on story progression until I get some 5 star characters. I guess I'll start pouring money into leveling skills up until then. I'm currently sitting around lvl 22 skills on my most used characters.

Durden77

Does anyone know if the extra crystals in the buy one get one free deal add to your VIP level? Like if I buy 550 crystals, will it register as me buying 1100 crystals?

And fuck crystals are expensive. I bought one Tony stash back when the game forst released but that's it. I'm thinking I could dump a few more bucks into this game at this point, but buying crystals just seems like a bad value. It would be nice getting another VIP level though...

I feel like I'm stuck on story progression until I get some 5 star characters. I guess I'll start pouring money into leveling skills up until then. I'm currently sitting around lvl 22 skills on my most used characters.

Skills are kind of a money sink you don't need. Level 20 is where I stop for most of my characters. I had War Machine at 20 until a couple days ago and I didn't even realize it. He's my main carry! Getting gear to lvl 10 and having good characters in general matters way more. Rank 3 Battleworld characters are the exception. I'll take any damage bonus I can get there.

Durden77

Just expressing my envy of you getting cool characters and Avengers Alliance getting fucking Spitfire. :C

Avengers Alliance is still a thing? I used to love that game. Put so much time into it a few years ago. But it crashed like...all of the time. Got tired of that.

Does anyone know if the extra crystals in the buy one get one free deal add to your VIP level? Like if I buy 550 crystals, will it register as me buying 1100 crystals?

And fuck crystals are expensive. I bought one Tony stash back when the game forst released but that's it. I'm thinking I could dump a few more bucks into this game at this point, but buying crystals just seems like a bad value. It would be nice getting another VIP level though...

The bonus crystals do not add to the VIP bonus. And yes crystals are very expensive, so stick to Stark stashes and try to stay away from buying bios for characters you can farm easily. Use them mainly for costumes, and every once in a while on a bio deal that will get your main character(s) up a rank. I wouldn't, for example, buy a 40 bio flash sale for a character that's 60/320.

Mrcapcom

Yeterdays Daily (Elektra) is giving out tons of XP I ran all my lvl 1's with my lvl 40 5 star Hulk and got them all up to lvl 19/20 pretty sweet.

Avengers Alliance is still a thing? I used to love that game. Put so much time into it a few years ago. But it crashed like...all of the time. Got tired of that.

Never had much trouble with crashing issues with very few exceptions. But it runs on flash, so maybe your flash plugin was cocking up.
But yes, it's still alive and kicking. Seems to be doing fairly well, too, since they've been reworking various aspects of the UI.

Durden77

Never had much trouble with crashing issues with very few exceptions. But it runs on flash, so maybe your flash plugin was cocking up.
But yes, it's still alive and kicking. Seems to be doing fairly well, too, since they've been reworking various aspects of the UI.

It was like 3 years ago at this point, but yeah it crashed all the time on Android. It was a pretty common problem, at least back then. Maybe it was a plug-in issue, but I definitely tried many fixes but nothing really stuck. I put up with it for a long time, but there were too many times I lost energy and time from it. Getting to the very end of a mission and litterally a hit or two away from killing the boss only to have it crash and lose all of that multiple times eventually just tore my desire to play away. I even put 50 bucks into that game.

I did really enjoy the battle system though. The status effects were really fun and well implemented, something I wish this game had a bit more of. It's tempting to revisit, but this game is already making me spend more time with mobile games than I'd like to lol. Cool to hear it's still enjoyable though.

mreddie

Isn't there rumors AA2 is coming?

Also, when is the Halloween Update launching?

It was like 3 years ago at this point, but yeah it crashed all the time on Android. It was a pretty common problem, at least back then.

Definitely an issue with mobile, cause they never intended it to be a mobile game then. They released an Android version later on (though that one was closed down eventually because it wasn't doing well and also to make room for AA2).

Isn't there rumors AA2 is coming?

Also, when is the Halloween Update launching?

Yes, AA2 is in development, but it's mobile only.
The Halloween update is out since Friday.

There's also an OT, but nobody posts in it. :p

mreddie

Definitely an issue with mobile, cause they never intended it to be a mobile game then. They released an Android version later on (though that one was closed down eventually because it wasn't doing well and also to make room for AA2).

Yes, AA2 is in development, but it's mobile only.
The Halloween update is out since Friday.

There's also an OT, but nobody posts in it. :p

I meant the update for this game. I heard AA2 is removing Mutants because of it is.

I meant the update for this game. I heard AA2 is removing Mutants because of it is.

Oh, sorry. Wasn't clear from your post. :)
As for AA2 - nobody knows anything about it. If there's no mutants, it's not surprising though, since Marvel seems to have cut off anyone who made on-going games after a certain point in time from accessing the X-Men/Fantastic Four licensed characters in their games. Marvel Heroes and Puzzle Quest only get away with it cause they had the contract before the rumoured shutout.

Durden77

Ohhh yeah I'm a dumbass, I forgot it was also on PC. I'll definitely give AA2 a look though when it releases.

And yeah I wish the Halloween update would hurry up for this game. Soon I'm going to be doing actual Halloween shit and won't have as much time to play.

Shanks

If there is any open spots in Neogaf Capes, I'd be interested. I've been active in Tights for a few months now which is kind of dragging down with inactives. There are really only like 5 or 6 in Tights that play routinely.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Tights need to be better organized. We're at 24 members and one hasn't played in 23 days....Where's the leader? Hello?

Durden77

This game got me watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and holy shit...If you are a fan of the MCU you NEED to watch this show. It starts off kind of "sure" but fun, but after around episode 12 or so this show has become incredible. The tie-ins to the rest of the MCU (the Winter Soldier in particular so far), have truly been brilliant.

It's already got me wanting to invest more into the S.H.I.E.L.D. characters in this game.

This game got me watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and holy shit...If you are a fan of the MCU you NEED to watch this show. It starts off kind of "sure" but fun, but after around episode 12 or so this show has become incredible. The tie-ins to the rest of the MCU (the Winter Soldier in particular so far), have truly been brilliant.

It's already got me wanting to invest more into the S.H.I.E.L.D. characters in this game.

Just wait till season 2.

I keep hearing it gets better with each season. So excited because I can't imagine how right now. I went from casually enjoying it to extremely impressed by it.

Well, most people didn't think much of the first season, so there's that. Also, the second season isn't held back by a late season twist like the first was.

Durden77

Well, most people didn't think much of the first season, so there's that. Also, the second season isn't held back by a late season twist like the first was.

I didn't think much of it at first either, but the second half of season 1 I've thought has been fucking fantastic. And it was easier to respect the earlier episodes once you see how long they had been setting up stuff. I think I'm on episode 18 now, and shit is just going DOWN all over the place.

But yes, cannot wait for season 2. Haven't binge-watched a show this hard since Breaking Bad.

It's so funny to see the dichotomy between the posters in here and in the Marvel Heroes thread when it comes to AoS. We just had a bunch of people tearing down AoS over there vs the hype it's getting here (personally, I love the show and it's one of the few shows I watch weekly).

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm all about Black Cat. Might as well since I've six starred her. Will probably be 6 starring Elsa Bloodstone tonight via packages and tickets. We'll see how she rolls.

Go Tights...I know I'm always preaching about the Tights to a pretty damn dead choir, but whatever.

Durden77

What costumes are yall most looking forward to? I'm thinking of getting Punisher and possibly Blade and Lash.

Punisher and possibly Blade. I stopped investing in them a while ago (dunno why I stopped for Blade, Punisher was a bit underwhelming), so I'm hoping these costumes bump them up a notch.

Game should be back up any second.

Edit : Back up! For some reason it just gave me a tutorial on Villian Siege lawl.

Hot damn Punisher's costume makes him SICK. Way more fun now. He loses his physical attack boost but he gains a rapid fire attack.

Man, the lvl 3 difficulty for the Halloween event is tough. I can't beat it. Yellowjacket is the only 6* I have and he can't do much with half of his attacks being nullified via Energy Immunity. My 5* Goliath can't take all 3 bosses on alone and I don't have any others that can.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
One crazy cool thing. Every day you can pick a hero chest. If you already have the hero, you get a bio selector X8...that works on every hero in their category. Including Sister Grimm and She-Hulk!

Durden77

One crazy cool thing. Every day you can pick a hero chest. If you already have the hero, you get a bio selector X8...that works on every hero in their category. Including Sister Grimm and She-Hulk!

Yeah noticed that. Way cool, much more generous than the deminsion chest.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Yep, thought this was great.

I'm currently at 825 crystals, not sure if I should try saving for a package or go for a uniform.

One note on the auto repeat feature that was recently added: If you ever lose your connection the game will stop playing until you press the retry connection button, minor annoyance but something to keep in mind.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Punisher Noir is so good. Dual guns vs the plasma rifle give him way faster attacks + the buff is replaced by a gun barrage skill.
I'm tempted to spend my crystals on this. I only get them through gifts / the 25 daily, so I don't want to regret it, lol.
edit: Or maybe I should get Giantman's costume.

Welp, bought all 3 costumes currently available. Punisher Noir is indeed sweet. Looks cool as heck too.

So far this update is pretty great. Elsa is so cool. I'm not a fan of the other two characters, but their playstyle is really well done. I like that the costumes are sort of their balance update for older characters. It does cost crystals, but what the heck else am I going to do with them?

All my mobile gaming right now is F2P gatcha games. Even while I'm PC or console gaming, I'm running my phone, bluestacks, or a tablet running Future Fight, the new Netmarble game Seven Knights (try it if you haven't), and Dragon Heroes (anime style gatcha shoot'em up). It makes me really appreciate the repeat!

DarkCloud

Is the new leader of Tights active? Been 2 weeks now since i resubmitted my app and I'd like to get in a GAF group for alliance battle.

Guys....

Im freaking addicted to this game. lol.

Its one of the first few games I've been able to enjoy on mobile since getting a better phone (alcatel idol 3). And it turns out this game is the perfect spiritual successor to XMen Legends / Ultimate Alliance. Its ways better than Contest of Champions, I dropped it.

Wow, this shit has a crazy wall that kicks in around lvl 25. My top characters are around 27 and it seems like I have no ways of leveling at a faster rate to start farming 5-1..

I gotta ask y'all for some advice because I think I'm going to be posting here more often lol.

- Fastest ways to gain XP? Im hearing just focus on one team because you can always two man drag harder stages for XP

- I have a lot of antimatter, is the biometric selector worth it? I have spare bios that I feel like I will never cash in since I won't use the character. Or should I do the warp?

- Speaking of which, it seems timeline battle is affected by how many fighters you unlock, I feel like I should be cashing in my fighters even though I won't use them? Ive kind been saving them after I saw the bio selector.

- I got a lot of energy, I guess this game will keep blessing me and I should never really need to spend resource on it?

-Last one, best way to get crystals? I got the stark stash, anything else?

I'll be playing with y'all soon it seems lol

Attn anyone new, use those free hero biometrics to get the heroes you want. Make sure you try everyone out first with the skill demo in the team menu. I made a few dumb picks (A 3 star Venom that I didn't know I would get to keep.. He's okay...) and found out that the main chars I want are hard as hell to get! (Gamora + Shehulk)

I was lucky as hell to grab the x80 Gamora sale..... had like 20 crystals left over T___T

Top Bottom