• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Is the new leader of Tights active? Been 2 weeks now since i resubmitted my app and I'd like to get in a GAF group for alliance battle.

He plays regularly but doesn't really seem to be talkative. Monokai! Where are you on GAF LOL!

I made a few dumb picks (A 3 star Venom that I didn't know I would get to keep.. He's okay...) and found out that the main chars I want are hard as hell to get! (Gamora + Shehulk)

screenshot_2015-10-29pdop1.png

Hello! Get Stark's Stash. Concentrate on 3 characters ASAP. Gear them, level them, get their bios. The quicker you get to a fully ranked up team, the faster you can get everything in the game pretty much. Don't spread yourself out too much. Concentrate on building that one team, while collecting crystals. She-Hulk and Gamora come in a package sale named Viva Verde. Other than package sales, She-Hulk doesn't appear in the store. No 80X bios for you. Don't give up though. She's great. Just build one good team of 3 characters, of different genres (Combat, Speed, Blaster for example), and start farming for bios daily. XP comes very slowly. A 6* team will take you to Chapter 10, and after that levelling everybody else will be a cinch. Always unlock characters, even if you never will use them. Not just for the bonus, but for the daily chest...If you get a character you already have, you can pick 8 bios of any character of that category including She-Hulk who's rare as all hell.

Drayco21

Alright, unlocked Elsa and got a little over halfway to Warwolf and Lash today. A little underwhelmed with her right out of the gate, but we'll see how it develops. This hero chest is a great addition, and I'm glad the Halloween bios are pretty easy to get, even if it seems unlikely that F2P people are going to be able to six star any of them in 15 days.

Trying to decide if I want to buy both Punisher and Blade's uniforms because they're awesome, or if I want to buy just Punisher and Lash's uniform so that Lash can be playable when I unlock him.

Man, the Battleworld update rants seem childish now.
I think that backlash was necessary for Netmarble to up their game. The last few updates have delivered big time, to the point where I bought a Tony Stark's Stash shortly after the update when I previously had my mind set that the game wasn't worth my $.

Great update, continuous auto-play is great, especially for the unlimited runs!
I'm going to run out of clear tickets a lot quicker though.

Should be easy to get all the new characters too which is great.
Looking forward to Spidoc!

Toying around with Spidoc for a bit was fun. They changed his stun to multiple webshots and the rushing move into Spidey's invuln aerial swing barrage (with an added rainbow effect :D ) and they have him webswing into the air on the explosion attack.

Nice update. 3 new characters. I noticed they boosted how nice the free chest is/was (biometrics). Compared to what it used to be. Now you get 8 bios to place where ever you want (Within Type). Which is huge for characters you can't pick up in special missions/Daily story (I'm looking at you Black Cat)

I also like the 'repeat' function. Everyone knows people farm, now this makes it easier.Don't have to keep on checking in every minute to start up another level.

Also all three new characters are pretty attaiinable due to the nice drop on the holloween events. I wonder if this is the only way to get bio metrics from them in game (The halloween event)

Guys....

Im freaking addicted to this game. lol.

Its one of the first few games I've been able to enjoy on mobile since getting a better phone (alcatel idol 3). And it turns out this game is the perfect spiritual successor to XMen Legends / Ultimate Alliance. Its ways better than Contest of Champions, I dropped it.

Wow, this shit has a crazy wall that kicks in around lvl 25. My top characters are around 27 and it seems like I have no ways of leveling at a faster rate to start farming 5-1..

I gotta ask y'all for some advice because I think I'm going to be posting here more often lol.

- Fastest ways to gain XP? Im hearing just focus on one team because you can always two man drag harder stages for XP

- I have a lot of antimatter, is the biometric selector worth it? I have spare bios that I feel like I will never cash in since I won't use the character. Or should I do the warp?

- Speaking of which, it seems timeline battle is affected by how many fighters you unlock, I feel like I should be cashing in my fighters even though I won't use them? Ive kind been saving them after I saw the bio selector.

- I got a lot of energy, I guess this game will keep blessing me and I should never really need to spend resource on it?

-Last one, best way to get crystals? I got the stark stash, anything else?

I'll be playing with y'all soon it seems lol

Attn anyone new, use those free hero biometrics to get the heroes you want. Make sure you try everyone out first with the skill demo in the team menu. I made a few dumb picks (A 3 star Venom that I didn't know I would get to keep.. He's okay...) and found out that the main chars I want are hard as hell to get! (Gamora + Shehulk)

I was lucky as hell to grab the x80 Gamora sale..... had like 20 crystals left over T___T

I completely wasted my free hero pick, used it on Ghost Rider. Big mistake.

I would say build up one team that is your main team (Blue-Green-Red) with multiple stacking team ups (Like Giant-man, ant-man, Yellow jacket) that you use to unlock new levels (Max those out to 6 stars) and then build a couple of teams for Battle Arena (Keep them at 3 stars/maxed out).

The Timeline battle is determined by the number of heroes you get..so I try to get new heroes when I can.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Stupid halloween box is telling me I can't draw more today even though I haven't bought any today. Unless it resets 24 hours from the time you actually bought them, but there's no timer.

-Digits-

Man, the Battleworld update rants seem childish now.

Battleworld was complete bullshit when it first came out. After they changed it to how it is now it's a really fun activity, where originally it was only accessible to people with deep pockets. I spent about 5 hours during one of them that just cost 400 gold per entry, just spamming matches, and I got a whopping 2 bios for my efforts.

Stupid halloween box is telling me I can't draw more today even though I haven't bought any today. Unless it resets 24 hours from the time you actually bought them, but there's no timer.

Might have to force close the app and restart. Some things don't properly update after the daily reset. I made it a habit to restart the app after reset.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Might have to force close the app and restart. Some things don't properly update after the daily reset. I made it a habit to restart the app after reset.
Already did that. After that post I checked out the subreddit and other people came across the same issue.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Lash and Elsa look like these people to me:
AEeKXFE.jpg

Josh Hopkins in Quantico, and Amanda Fuller in Last Man Standing.

Bikkun

Neo Member

I'm getting the same. It's rather annoying. Is there a way to go to the developers and go "Yo, what's happening"?

Mrcapcom

Out of the three characters which ones are good? I picked Lash I like him in the show and I like the costume. Going to grab all the bios for him.

Hello! Get Stark's Stash. Concentrate on 3 characters ASAP. Gear them, level them, get their bios. The quicker you get to a fully ranked up team, the faster you can get everything in the game pretty much. Don't spread yourself out too much. Concentrate on building that one team, while collecting crystals. She-Hulk and Gamora come in a package sale named Viva Verde. Other than package sales, She-Hulk doesn't appear in the store. No 80X bios for you. Don't give up though. She's great. Just build one good team of 3 characters, of different genres (Combat, Speed, Blaster for example), and start farming for bios daily. XP comes very slowly. A 6* team will take you to Chapter 10, and after that levelling everybody else will be a cinch. Always unlock characters, even if you never will use them. Not just for the bonus, but for the daily chest...If you get a character you already have, you can pick 8 bios of any character of that category including She-Hulk who's rare as all hell.

I completely wasted my free hero pick, used it on Ghost Rider. Big mistake.

I would say build up one team that is your main team (Blue-Green-Red) with multiple stacking team ups (Like Giant-man, ant-man, Yellow jacket) that you use to unlock new levels (Max those out to 6 stars) and then build a couple of teams for Battle Arena (Keep them at 3 stars/maxed out).

The Timeline battle is determined by the number of heroes you get..so I try to get new heroes when I can.

Thanks for this...

Well that throws a huge wrench in my plans... My best team with multiple buff stacks is Antman/YJ/ Iron Man....

My YJ is only 2* so I need to grind in order to level him... Come to find out, most people don't think Ant Man is that great meh....

Its like all my pics fell through once I hit the initial wall. Oh well, grind city it is.... Im just trying my damn hardest to get to the end of chapter 8 for elite missions.

Just unlocked War Wolf today, haven't used him yet though.

What should I be doing with my antimatter collection?

mreddie

You guys maybe right, had not been for the BW Update criticism, we may not have gotten this.

The Carol Corps uni is still sad though.

What should I be doing with my antimatter collection?

Use them to build up your Warp Device. Keep building up Antimatter generator, and then Rank up Warp Device. Warp device is basically Free experience/bios.

I am up to 10 missions now, thats 10 Bios you get for free every day.

Bioconverter seems useless, as does item shop.

-Digits-

Already did that. After that post I checked out the subreddit and other people came across the same issue.

That sucks to hear. Glad I wasn't affected.

I think it's just a higher number of potential Halloween token drops.

Totally anecdotal of course, but I actually got less tokens out of the highest difficulty one. All five runs gave me 4 to 5 tokens less, each, than the easy and normal ones did.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm terrible at deciding what to do on this game, lol. I still haven't decided if I want to just save my crystals up for a package, buy the punisher uniform, or maybe try the 500 crystal 3-6 star chest. Chest would most likely be a waste, though.

edit: And unsurprisingly the halloween box bug hasn't been resolved yet. :(
And to further prove my indecisiveness, I started with Elsa to rank up high. Now I'm having 2nd thoughts after reading some impressions. :|

edit2: Now I've read people suggesting you should wait until you have the bios for 5* and skip the 4* rank up. I guess I've been scrubbing it up.

I notice several of the folks here have teams with the 'best' characters.

My question is. Is a team of Vision/War Machine/YJ better than those teams where you have mulitiple stacking team benefits? (Like Ant-man, YJ, Giant-man?)

My question is. Is a team of Vision/War Machine/YJ better than those teams where you have mulitiple stacking team benefits? (Like Ant-man, YJ, Giant-man?)

The bonuses really aren't that special. Having a weak link in your team is worse than a couple percent of various stats. It's more important to have a leader with a leadership bonus that works well for three strong characters.

The bonuses really aren't that special. Having a weak link in your team is worse than a couple percent of various stats. It's more important to have a leader with a leadership bonus that works well for three strong characters.

Thanks! Is there a list of good parties that is not by those team bonus parties?

This is the team I use. It's really great and definitely much better than a team with bonuses. The bonuses don't make up for how much better the top tier is than the rest. Even with the Ant-Man team up bonuses, Ant-Man is just such a terrible character he's worth negative stats in comparison.

A great leadership is also worth more than the bonuses with the right characters. Ronan, UniVision, Throot or WM, Spidey, Venom/Giant Man (with costumes) are amazing despite a lack of bonuses due to the great characters backed by great leadership.

Maybe with the new characters/costumes there will be a bonus stacking team worth using.

Thanks! Is there a list of good parties that is not by those team bonus parties?

There's no list, lots of it is speculation since the game is easy to win at. Arena and Battleworld are really the only places you can lose and the player has the advantage of control (or strikers).

IMO, the best teams are:

Yellowjacket, Iron Patriot, UniVision/Spider-Man/Giant Man: Basically the 2 best god tier characters and then one of the next tier. You need the Vision outfit otherwise your team gets wrecked by well equipped Spideys in arena. Yellowjacket's leadership (paralyze) is unmatched in arena IMO.

Iron Patriot, Spider-Man, zVenom/Giant Man: A team focused on pure physical damage. Hit's the trifecta so you always have the advantage in arena.

Ronan, Throot, UniVision: Unkillable in player hands. Weak overall damage, but you win by attrition.

She-Hulk, Yellowjacket, Iron Patriot: Oh man, so much damage. Can be dodged/paralyzed to death though. If I saw this in arena I'd avoid it. She-Hulk is still rare, but when the game is older (and everything is working as it should) I bet we will see this a lot with the ignore dodge special item.

Other notable great characters: Sister Grimm (damage but made of glass. Tough to fit in over IP and YJ), Black Panther (damage + invincibility frames but hard to farm and fills the same slot as Giant Man), Green Goblin (high damage and invincibility frames, but can't use dodge item due to poison item. He can replace Spidey on most teams), Black Widow 2099 (good damage, but lacks anything to keep her alive like Spidey and GG)

Iron Man is decent right now. He used to really suck. His issue is that he's not as good as the top blast characters (IP and YJ) and having 3 blast on 1 team is too much. I'd say he's balanced. Really it's that IP and YJ are broken more than IM sucks.

lol well damn my 2 5 star guys are iron man & ant-man

I know right!

Here I am feeling awesome that my free picks I got Ant Man and YJ and got them all leveled early. I totally think you need Ant Mans MCU uni, combine that with high attack speed and solid attack, Antman becomes pretty decent. His best move is easily the stomp but the speed kick can get you out of situations.. but 5-6 kicks so much ass it just wasn't enough...

AntM - YJ - IM is a solid team with a triple stack. Iron Man's leadership with skill cooldown makes things get crazy. The only reason my team isn't enough is because I have this 2* YJ.

But Im starting to understand how leadership may be better than team bonus.

Edit: I would like to apply for tights, name should be DigiOp

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Woohoo, they fixed the halloween box bug.

Hmmm, free chest gave my 8 speed bios. I'm trying to get Daredevil to 5*, but maybe I should use them on Elsa.

Thanks guys!

So is this new free chest reward pretty awesome or what? previously, you would be lucky to get 1 or 2 bios, for heroes you might not want to b uild up.

Now you get 8 bios, and you get to choose. This is going to be amazing for those characters that it is difficult to obtain (like shifter only or dimension shift only etc)

The new chest is pretty great, the best part about it is that it's great for newcomers and people who have most characters already. 8 bios a day for whatever character(of that "class") you want is amazing.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The loading circle has been out of control since the update. I've been getting a lot more could not establish connection, also.

Drayco21

The loading circle has been out of control since the update. I've been getting a lot more could not establish connection, also.

I have been too, but I assumed it was a side-effect of the progressively shittier internet in my school's dorms. Sounds like it's a bit more prevalent than that, though.

Durden77

Sure am glad I waited to use the 3 100× Bio selectors I bought. Was going to probably use 2 on Ant-Man (used one on him) since his bios are such a pain to get. But now with the new hero chest system, I can just select 8 for him anytime I get a speed character I already had.

This update really kicks ass, damn. Seems like bios and heroes are everywhere now, and the game seems more focused on just leveling those heroes.

Seems like bios and heroes are everywhere now, and the game seems more focused on just leveling those heroes.
1-40 is really easy when you have a good 5/6* that can solo content w/ 2 Best Condition exp leachers in tow. However, leveling past 40 is such a drag. My 6* YJ is finally nearing the end of that journey, with 2 more levels to go before the big 60.

Top Bottom