• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

I heard Singularity isn't that great, but yeah you should be using it on characters who's bios is hard to come by. IM, IF, and Elsa bios are all pretty common so you don't really want to use it on them.

Characters like BP, Gamora, She-Hulk, Sister Grimm, Star-Lord, Loki, Black Cat, Angela, Wasp, etc. Basically, if you can't get more than 3 bios a day for a certain character then it's good to use such items on them. Preferably you want to use it on a high tier character but that's not necessary.

Just got Cap, Spidey, and Ultron to 3*.... Whoo took forever.

Ultron is a massive beast once he hits 3*, Cap still seems meh and I haven't given Spidey a run yet. I also got Warwolf to 4* and Vision to 2*.

Im still at a drag, Cptr 7 is hard as balls even with my 4* Gamora and 3* YJ at LVL 35.... The difficulty wall is real.

Durden77

Just got Cap, Spidey, and Ultron to 3*.... Whoo took forever.

Ultron is a massive beast once he hits 3*, Cap still seems meh and I haven't given Spidey a run yet. I also got Warwolf to 4* and Vision to 2*.

Im still at a drag, Cptr 7 is hard as balls even with my 4* Gamora and 3* YJ at LVL 35.... The difficulty wall is real.

Ultron's been my anchor since the beginning. I've been concentrating only on getting him to 6* latley, halfway there. He's a beast, and probably the easiest character to farm in the game.

So I've been thinking, is it worth it to get 10x 1-4* chest at 1575 crystals? You'd only get 80 bios but you'd be able to get any character's bios you want with the selectors. Pretty sure it's still not worth it though.

Ultron is terrible now. He just does no damage compared to half the cast. He's not even a great universal. The power creep + new 6* skills really left him behind.

So how does Battleworld work now, does winning actually make any difference?
No matter whether I win or lose I seem to get given 18 bios at the end of the it.

You're probably just finishing around the same rank each time.

So defeating people does make a difference to how many bios you gain?
I thought an update changed it so you just got bios if you played a lot regardless of whether you win or lose but perhaps I misunderstood that.

My 1-3* team are all 3 stars, mastered, level 20 skills, most gear around 9 etc and I'm still only winning about half my matches :-/

I thought an update changed it so you just got bios if you played a lot regardless of whether you win or lose but perhaps I misunderstood that.

My 1-3* team are all 3 stars, mastered, level 20 skills, most gear around 9 etc and I'm still only winning about half my matches :-/

Yeah it does make a difference. Hit the "details" button on the screen of the BW you selected and it'll show you what rank gets your what amount of bios.

Durden77

Ultron is terrible now. He just does no damage compared to half the cast. He's not even a great universal. The power creep + new 6* skills really left him behind.

Pffft terrible? No way. There are definitely some that outclass him, but he is far from terrible. He has some of the most reliable skills in the game. He rarley lets me down at 5*.

No offense, but what content are you doing that you think Ultron is good? What is your typical arena ranking? I haven't seen him at the <1% range in arena in months.

Part of the reason he sucks is his attacks are NOT reliable. He has no tracking and bad hit boxes. So many characters have tracking abilities and he's still stuck with his weak beam with a narrow hit box that shoots straight. I was going to type out a list of characters with reliable tracking specials, but its way too long.

There was a time where I thought Ultron was good too. I posted in here saying as much. Then months of updates and new characters happened.

What they changed is the gold gain. Now if you play a match, it always counts towards the gold bonus regardless of winning or losing.

Speaking of characters that suck, I was in denial about this for a long time since she was my first "main" but Carol sucks. She's decent vs large groups of enemies but 1v1 both her damage and her bulk are let downs, it doesn't help that she still doesn't have a 6* skill and her costume basically doesn't exist(and doesn't seem very good anyway). NM really needs to start buffing more characters AND NERF YJ AND GM.

Drayco21

Need to install an Android update on my phone. Last time I did this, I lost a bunch of progress in other games; Future Fight is connected to my Google Play *and* my Facebook, so it should be safe, but that doesn't stop me from worrying.

Hold me, FF Gaf; I'm scared.

If you're synced to facebook you're fine. I delete and reinstall the game to clean up space on my phone all the time and have never lost progress.

What level are you guys' antimatter generators and warp devices at? I got mine at 10 and 8 respectively, though I think the rate at which I'm getting antimatter isn't enough to be able to do all the missions every day.

Just ranked the generator up to ten, and the device is at 7, and I get enough antimatter to do all the missions (up to level 28) every day.

They've been a fantastic source of exp and bios, I've got my unused characters up to level 15-20 just from the daily missions.

Edit: Anyone find that the third level of the Halloween challenge is impossible? I can't even make it past the first few mobs with a team of 5 star YJ/WM/Maestro.

Durden77

No offense, but what content are you doing that you think Ultron is good? What is your typical arena ranking? I haven't seen him at the <1% range in arena in months.

Part of the reason he sucks is his attacks are NOT reliable. He has no tracking and bad hit boxes. So many characters have tracking abilities and he's still stuck with his weak beam with a narrow hit box that shoots straight. I was going to type out a list of characters with reliable tracking specials, but its way too long.

There was a time where I thought Ultron was good too. I posted in here saying as much. Then months of updates and new characters happened.

Pretty much everything. He's my strongest character at the moment. His lasers are his weakest attack, but it's still not hard to line up especially with manual play (plus his uniform seems to make it wider). Both of his physical slams track very well, break, and do good damage, and he has a really solid AOE attack that also breaks. Yes I can see how he's outclassed in some ways, but I don't see how he's terrible. He's always been one of my most reliable dudes, even when he wasn't my strongest.

What level are you guys' antimatter generators and warp devices at? I got mine at 10 and 8 respectively, though I think the rate at which I'm getting antimatter isn't enough to be able to do all the missions every day.

11 and 8 here. I can do every mission a day, but it will be a while before I can rank up the warp device again.

Edit: Anyone find that the third level of the Halloween challenge is impossible? I can't even make it past the first few mobs with a team of 5 star YJ/WM/Maestro.

The enemies in the hard difficulty are level 55. Unless you're close to that, you're already going to have a hard time. It'll be even worse for you though as YJ can't even damage Venom or GG at the end.

Durden77

I knew I should've bought Lash's uniform when it was available. I'm caught up on SHIELD and now I'm all into him, but his SHIELD look is awful. Looks like a big gray blob especially in this game.

Bleh bought Felicia's uniform just because. I doubt I'll ever use her, but I regret not buying some uniforms and don't want to regret this.

I'm going to be 44 bios short from 6* Warwolf :/

Small FAQ went up regarding the next patch. Some interesting things in here.

[Q] Will there be any Character Balancing?
[A] First of all, we are fixing several skills which do not hit correctly
also, 10 Characters' skill will be revamped!

[Q] Universal characters are pretty weak overall, are there any plans to improve them?
[A] Yes there are plans. We are going to give Universals bonus damage against all types.
Also, Universal character stats are getting slightly improved!

[Q] Well that’s all good, but what about 6 Star Skills?
[A] Daredevil, Malekith, Angela, Ultron, Mockingbird, Doctor Octopus and 5 Heroes from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will get a 6 Star Skill!

[Q] But CM’s, the current Cooldown times on Thor and Black Bolts skill are literally forever! Change it!
[A] We are currently testing a few different cool down times for their 6 Star Skills, but we are planning to have it balanced somewhere between 14-16 Seconds.

[Q] Punisher’s Noir Uniform is not that great. Any improvements?
[A] We are changing the Uniform bonus a little. Now the uniform will boost his physical attack and also boosts his normal attack.

[Q] After 6 Star characters got a level increase, I’ve found it incredibly difficult to keep up! Any plans on fixing this?
[A] This update will bring with it a modified level structure, so yes, we are balancing level caps!

[Q] Star-Lord is really weak but one of my favorite characters! Help him please!
[A] Unfortunately Star-Lord was not on the table for buffs this time round! But stay tuned, we don’t want to let our weaker characters down!

[Q] So, when is the update? why don’t u guys just tell us!?
[A] It will be released in November, maybe in the next couple of weeks. But we still have a LOT of work to do, such as urgent bug fixes, changing a few things here and there. But we promise that you will face interesting content without ANY issues this time. So we will release the update when it’s ready! We apologize for any inconvenience about this!

Also, New uniforms and a new Character are in progress, so ready yourself!

It's great how often they update this game!

Oh man, playing Battleworld and it's down to two Throots going against each other, they're both immune to each other's lightning attacks and can fully heal every 30 seconds so I'm just waiting for the clock to run down.

Ugggggggggg! I screwed myself over by not paying attention to the timer for the Halloween event. I had 1669 Tokens that I was saving to use at the end of the event (after I saw where buying all of the daily 5, 10 Token boxes got my characters), and now I can't use them. >_<

mreddie

jnFp4JN.jpg

Right is Daisy

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
now that the halloween event has ended

how do i get the biometrics of Lash etc now?

New to this game and looking for some general character advice.

I started off with Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Punisher. I'm at 32, 30, and 27 for them. Spidey is four stars with one mastery. They seem to pair up fairly well, but Frank really feels horrible. Spidey is a-okay, but are the other two worth leveling?

My second "team" is a mixture of Angela, Groot, Gamora, and Blade. I haven't settled on anything yet, and am mainly using Spider-Man or DD to power level them. All are in their mid-20s. Are any of them solid end game options? I like tanky characters, so Groot is fun.

Should I focus on lore appropriate teams for the bonuses, or does that matter?

Drayco21

Ultimately, it's better to have a team made up of the better characters and not to worry about forming certain teams. I personally like to try and have a character for each of the three main archetypes, so that I can switch out to take advantage of any type weakness at any time, but the changes coming to Universal characters might make them more effective team anchors here soon.

Spider-Man is one of the better Speed heroes in the game, and probably the best in terms of ease to get bios for (I think people generally find Gamora more effective, once she's ranked up, but her bios aren't easily grindable); he dodges shit like it's his job, he's got great crowd control, a long and effective stun, and great damage- plus he's one of the handful of characters with a 6* skill, increasing his usefulness in endgame content.

I like Daredevil quite a bit, and find him fun to play- he's got a decent stun, and I like the feeling of linking his skills together. He's heavily overshadowed by other characters in his class, and so he lags behind a lot. That said, it sounds like the update is going to hook him up with a new costume, which could radically increase his effectiveness. Punisher isn't great, in my experience anyway, and it seems like he needs his (now unavailable) uniform to really compete.

Of those characters in your reserve right now, Groot is a fantastic character as he gets higher tiered. At 3 stars, he'll get a healing ability that does wonders in more difficult fights and turns him into a great tank, and since he's a Special Mission character, he's one of the easiest in the roster to grind. Gamora is great, but as I mentioned, getting her ranked up at this point is either going to be a long grind, or a bit of a money sink. Angela seems solid, but I haven't used her too much- the universal type buffs might radically change things for her. The only character you're currently tinkering with that I really didn't care for was Blade- his skills always felt janky and underpowered to me, and I couldn't get much out of him when I tried to build him into a decent Villain Siege tool.

On the note of tanky characters, you may want to look into investing in Giant Man; the Pym Hand is too strong in this game- him and Yellowjacket are overpowered to the point of easily steamrolling most of the content if you grind for them, their bios drop pretty frequently, even compared to other Special Missions, and as a result they're some of the easiest to grind in the game. Hank is an absolute monster in both the numbers he dishes out, and how much he can absorb, and the top tier teams are usually comprised of both Pym and Yellowjacket.

I should also stress that there are people in this thread way more qualified to talk about the math and effectiveness than I in this thread- since I don't even have any 6* characters yet, and thus don't really have a grip on what a lot of these potential very endgame potentials look like; just thought I'd give my two cents based on how I've felt up to this point.

Spidey is top tier
Gamora, Groot(with costume), and Angela are great
Daredevil, Blade and Punisher are bad. Punisher might be good with his costume but I don't have it so I don't know.

Team bonuses are important but not so important that you can't use a team that doesn't have any bonuses.

Oh yeah, something to consider is how hard a character's bios is to acquire. Gamora and Angela, while good, can not be gotten reliably. Spidey can be easily gotten in story missions(9 a day once you've reached them all), and Groot has his special missions which technically output infinite bios as long as you have the time and the energy.

New to this game and looking for some general character advice.

I started off with Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Punisher. I'm at 32, 30, and 27 for them. Spidey is four stars with one mastery. They seem to pair up fairly well, but Frank really feels horrible. Spidey is a-okay, but are the other two worth leveling?

My second "team" is a mixture of Angela, Groot, Gamora, and Blade. I haven't settled on anything yet, and am mainly using Spider-Man or DD to power level them. All are in their mid-20s. Are any of them solid end game options? I like tanky characters, so Groot is fun.

Should I focus on lore appropriate teams for the bonuses, or does that matter?

Good characters are more important than bonuses. Spider-Man is an excellent character and easy to get bios for. Gamora is good, but she's very difficult to rank up. Groot is good, but with his uniform he's great. Groot is easy to farm when you have the energy and character strength needed to farm Special Missions.

Everyone else you mentioned is bad.

I'd farm War Machine missions as he goes great with Spider-Man. Eventually once you have some 5* or 6*, you'll want to farm Yellowjacket and Giant Man special missions. Since that may be awhile, if you wanted to farm a third character from early story missions that's also good, I'd suggest Vision. He has 9 bios available up to chapter 5 which is very easy for you to do. War Machine has 6 within your level range, but his leadership is very good for Spider-Man and he's an amazing character.

Thanks for the great feedback. I'm going to keep grinding Spider-Man, Groot, and Gamora. I hadn't even considered Vision, so I'll run those easy bios, too.

New patch info is up.

Superior Spider-Man is a costume for Doc Ock and buffs all around to Universal characters (aside from an HP nerf to Throot). The three Halloween characters and Gamora are purchasable in the Honor and Chaos token shops and the level caps have been rebalanced.

lv.png

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm tempted to get the Daredevil costume even though everyone is saying he's bad. I've used him since I started playing.

Really good changes all around, I still don't have 6* skills for Marvel, Gamora and Wasp though :(

Superior Spiderman is cool though

Also lame that I still can't buy Wasp in the token chest, I won't be able to get her to 6* any time soon.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I've been slacking on the game a bit (sorry Tights), but that patch sounds like a great kick in the butt. I couldn't use Daisy Johnson because the Quake uni was soooo ugly. Now I can finally use her. Less than 100 bios to 6* her!

-Digits-

Holy crap, superior Spider-Man costume. I need that in my life. This patch came way sooner than I expected, since the Halloween one wasn't that long ago.

Top Bottom