• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

Something "Strange" just happened. I pulled a Doctor Strange from a Heroic token-and I got a bonus Doctor Strange cover.

When I went into my covers to apply them, it showed I had one Strange cover and one Daredevil cover...

That said I got some CP for the Strange cover and pulled a legendary token-an Old Man Logan! Sadly I did not pull a bonus OML.

He's 3/1/4 for me now. I looked at the 5th level bonus for his red and it seems worthless.

At level 4 he loses 621 health and makes 2 strength 91 red tiles.

At level 5 he loses 621 health and makes 2 strength 98 red tiles....

zulux21

Something "Strange" just happened. I pulled a Doctor Strange from a Heroic token-and I got a bonus Doctor Strange cover.

When I went into my covers to apply them, it showed I had one Strange cover and one Daredevil cover...

That said I got some CP for the Strange cover and pulled a legendary token-an Old Man Logan! Sadly I did not pull a bonus OML.

He's 3/1/4 for me now. I looked at the 5th level bonus for his red and it seems worthless.

At level 4 he loses 621 health and makes 2 strength 91 red tiles.

At level 5 he loses 621 health and makes 2 strength 98 red tiles....
well don't forget he has alt abilities as well

Level 4: Deals 3238 damage + 2848 if under 50% health
Level 5: Deals 3368 damage + 3107 if under 60% health

in general though his 5th cover isn't amazing. when 5 stars were first introduced they were trying to make it so they were more useful with only a handful of covers... though if i recall right OML was the only one they succeeded on.

anyways beat the clash today, got a red peggy for my troubles. she is now 5/2/5 thus I guess I am glad that she should be leaving the recent 4* soon as I only need the one more yellow cover and I will eventually get that from a progression.

I see the favored way to run her is 3/5/5 but I think I prefer 5/3/5.

Same happened to me with Squirrel Girl, it looked like I got two (one plus the bonus) but it wound up being a Daredevil with a bonus Squirrel Girl

Triz

I just had the Thanos bonus hero turn into a Daredevil too. Yay bugs...

Took my x-23 from 70 to 192 (thankfully had just hid shield rank 80 and gave me enough ISO to do it) and beat Elektra first try with damage boosts. Pulled a purple Mordo.

Friis

Neo Member
Hey Guys,

I'm playing MPQ pretty actively and using NeoGaf a lot. Mostly reading and not writing though. Haven't noticed this thread before now. Is there a alliance for gaffers and if it is the case is there then room for one more? Try to chat with my current alliance but don't get a lot of response from them sadly. A lot more fun when someone replies back ;)

zulux21

Hey Guys,

I'm playing MPQ pretty actively and using NeoGaf a lot. Mostly reading and not writing though. Haven't noticed this thread before now. Is there a alliance for gaffers and if it is the case is there then room for one more? Try to chat with my current alliance but don't get a lot of response from them sadly. A lot more fun when someone replies back ;)

currently Gaf-Vengers is full, but I have a feeling that one of our members is nearing the end of their playtime as they miss days all the time. I post in the thread when there is an opening.

Spoit

Ugh, this pvp is so tedious with cage's defense tile and me not having any of the buffed characters in a useful state. I think I'm just going to clock out at the CP. Not sure how I'm going to deal with the Friday's one, since I really could use that wasp cover (I mean, I could use the war machine one too, but I'd never use him, while wasp has some situational uses)

Dalek

I made the right decision to try to Champion Peggy next.

qP2aRwD.png

Friis

Neo Member
currently Gaf-Vengers is full, but I have a feeling that one of our members is nearing the end of their playtime as they miss days all the time. I post in the thread when there is an opening.

Thanks. Would be awesome to be in a more active group.

Dalek

I thought I stood a chance of hitting 900 in this PVP so I could get that War Machine cover.

Then I encountered someone who ran with a max Medusa/Wasp/Luke Cage team.

Whelp. So much for that. Great team. I don't think I landed a scratch on him.

2* Thor was close to my very first championed character. He was 86. I championed 4 characters since and his green cover still hasn't dropped for me. I have all my other 2* closed to being championed. I'll be sad if Thor would be my last champion at 2*.

Question: When should I start transitioning into 3*?

Here's my current roster so far after a month and a half of playing with the current covers and current levels.
You are still a long way from transitioning to 3 stars. Keep adding them to your roster and playing DDQ to get more covers.

Spoit

I thought I stood a chance of hitting 900 in this PVP so I could get that War Machine cover.

Then I encountered someone who ran with a max Medusa/Wasp/Luke Cage team.

Whelp. So much for that. Great team. I don't think I landed a scratch on him.

Yeah, I hit one of those on the way up for 60 points. And then resolved to never touch another medusa team again this boost cycle

zulux21

hmmm, just realized all my boosted 3* are around level 275... which likely means I could add 20 levels to my OML and not mess up my scaling *looks at 400k iso* don't really have anything better to do with you I suppose.

Spoit

So I don't have the covers to actually test it, but it feels like 4* CM, SL, and hawkguy might be a really fun team? Soooo many CD tiles, and his purple generates a ton of strikes

So I don't have the covers to actually test it, but it feels like 4* CM, SL, and hawkguy might be a really fun team? Soooo many CD tiles, and his purple generates a ton of strikes

I've been completely obliterating teams of minions in PVE using Hawkguy, Starlord, and 3* Dr. Strange. And I've only got a 1/2/2 Hawkguy right now. It's a really, really fun team, and it made me realize how much they've made Starlord a more viable character.

Dalek

I've been completely obliterating teams of minions in PVE using Hawkguy, Starlord, and 3* Dr. Strange. And I've only got a 1/2/2 Hawkguy right now. It's a really, really fun team, and it made me realize how much they've made Starlord a more viable character.

I'm telling you guys, Star-Lord is fucking awesome. He's a jack of all trades.

To give you an idea of how little I thought of Starlord, I just today realized that my Starlord is fully covered. And I got the final cover over a month ago (I think).

I guess he's my next person to champion.

zulux21

I still don't get why the preferred build for him is 5/3/5.

3/5/5 seems luck the much better build as his purple move just isn't very impressive and I could use that purple for something far more fun with 5 yellow covers such as spamming black tiles with iron fist at 3ap each :p

Dalek

Ideas that the developers are thinking about to deal with the vaulting situation.

- A new store containing older 3 and 4-Star characters
- Rotations for removed 3 and 4-Star characters
- A new vault containing older 3 and 4-Star characters

zulux21

Ideas that the developers are thinking about to deal with the vaulting situation.

- A new store containing older 3 and 4-Star characters
- Rotations for removed 3 and 4-Star characters
- A new vault containing older 3 and 4-Star characters

new store sounds dumb, as it would involve having to spend HP to get them then.
Rotations removed would be meh, as that would just make huge pools again and while the bonus heroes work in that situation I would rather have smaller pools to more quickly build things.

the new CP store seems like the best idea. though I don't like the idea of 3 and 4 stars being in it.

edit: I realize i need more clarification for store vs vault ect.
what do they consider the classic heroes things and what not.
i mean vaults don't give you bonus heroes do they?

new store sounds dumb, as it would involve having to spend HP to get them then.
Rotations removed would be meh, as that would just make huge pools again and while the bonus heroes work in that situation I would rather have smaller pools to more quickly build things.

the new CP store seems like the best idea. though I don't like the idea of 3 and 4 stars being in it.

edit: I realize i need more clarification for store vs vault ect.
what do they consider the classic heroes things and what not.
i mean vaults don't give you bonus heroes do they?

They consider "classic heroes" to be anyone currently vaulted. Vaults do not give bonus heroes, while stores (I think each token page is considered it's own store) do. Of the three solutions, my preference would be for stores (yes, you'd have to spend, but I basically have more HP than I know what to do with usually). The only problem with it, IMO, is that it doesn't actually solve the dilution problem, it just kicks the can further down the road. More vaults could be a decent solution, but they have a tendency to stuff the vaults with a bunch of thing people don't care about and a few covers that they do, and I don't see that these vaults would be any different.

zulux21

They consider "classic heroes" to be anyone currently vaulted. Vaults do not give bonus heroes, while stores (I think each token page is considered it's own store) do. Of the three solutions, my preference would be for stores (yes, you'd have to spend, but I basically have more HP than I know what to do with usually). The only problem with it, IMO, is that it doesn't actually solve the dilution problem, it just kicks the can further down the road. More vaults could be a decent solution, but they have a tendency to stuff the vaults with a bunch of thing people don't care about and a few covers that they do, and I don't see that these vaults would be any different.

when I said classic heroes I was talking about litterally the classic heroes tab.

do they consider that a store using CP, or an autorefreshing vault since they have a limited pool ect.

I mean I think the best solution for now would be just to create another CP thing that costs 15 and contains the vaulted 4 stars, and one that costs 5 or 10 and contains all the vaulted 3 stars.

Dalek

I don't like the situation at all. I liked getting covers for my Championed characters. Now the odds of getting champion rewards are very slim.

when I said classic heroes I was talking about litterally the classic heroes tab.

do they consider that a store using CP, or an autorefreshing vault since they have a limited pool ect.

I mean I think the best solution for now would be just to create another CP thing that costs 15 and contains the vaulted 4 stars, and one that costs 5 or 10 and contains all the vaulted 3 stars.

You mean the classic legends token page (the one with all the old 5 stars)? That's considered a store, seeing as it does count for bonus heroes. I think it's only a vault if there's an exact number of covers/prizes available.

Triz

I still don't get why the preferred build for him is 5/3/5.

3/5/5 seems luck the much better build as his purple move just isn't very impressive and I could use that purple for something far more fun with 5 yellow covers such as spamming black tiles with iron fist at 3ap each :p

Well the purple also amplifies your red damage... not to mention it hits the entire team.

zulux21

Well the purple also amplifies your red damage... not to mention it hits the entire team.

eh even at 5 covers though the team damage is pitiful. I mean 3* falcon does more damage at max level (166 vs 270) to the enemy team, for 1ap less, and puts down 8 110 protect tiles (while star lords are countdown tiles that can be matched and while they do indeed more damage to a single target it's just meh)

I mean with so many good purple abilities out there it just seems so mediocre, and at 3 covers it still drops 2 countdown tiles and with 5 yellow covers that means it will only cost 8 to cast.

I mean if you want just some countdown tiles
ant man could be fun.
he could make 3 of them for 5 yellow (after starlord reduction) and has a better purple than starlord

big one... deadpool 4* could make 6 of them for 5 purple with the ap reduction.

kingpin could create a bunch of them for 8 yellow and use 6 purple to get the 8 yellow to cast that instantly.

there just seems like better options in general for it, and that the extra ap for his yellow move counting down and reduction to purple could be useful *shrugs*

Spoit

Woo, got top 5 in the pve, and that put me over enough to buy a classic token, which gave me the last yellow I needed to champ peggy then and there, no fiddling with sim necessary!

And the LT from her got be another 4* CM token, which puts her at 3/3/5, which should totally be doable eventually with the bonus rolls. Not sure who I'll go after that, probably either nova or x-23, since they're out of the rotation? (and also hilariously lopsided)

MiTYH

In three days I hit day 760, and get my first Yellow Kingpin cover.

I'm... more excited for that then I should be. He's only 1/5/0 for me, and was at 0/5/0 for the longest time. Seeing him actually get a yellow cover just feels amazing.

zulux21

Damn that's bad artwork.

yeah... thus why I said "please be excited"

:p

now to see if the series is actually bad or not. I find the daredevil series super boring but I liked jessica jones and luke cage so I am hoping iron fist is fun despite the ratings.

Dalek

yeah... thus why I said "please be excited"

:p

now to see if the series is actually bad or not. I find the daredevil series super boring but I liked jessica jones and luke cage so I am hoping iron fist is fun despite the ratings.

I like Daredevil S1 and S2, I liked most of Jessica Jones and I liked the first half of Luke Cage-the second half was torture.

I watched half of the pilot of Iron Fist and it was ok. I don't see where all the negativity is coming from, but I can see it spinning its wheels.

Just realized we don't have a Jessica Jones character in MPQ.

zulux21

I like Daredevil S1 and S2, I liked most of Jessica Jones and I liked the first half of Luke Cage-the second half was torture.

I watched half of the pilot of Iron Fist and it was ok. I don't see where all the negativity is coming from, but I can see it spinning its wheels.

Just realized we don't have a Jessica Jones character in MPQ.

I got about halfway through daredevil s1 before I kind of just stopped watching as it was super duper boring.

jessica jones I enjoyed right away and while the middle isn't great overall it's my favorite of the marvel shows.

Luke cage was pretty decent, but definitely faltered the second half.

Spoit

I got some this morning, but I haven't seen shit all afternoon on Ios.

I've noticed a marked downturn of them in general this year, didn't even get a single one today (on iOS)

Also, Fjord, I appreciate the thought, really I do. But seriously man, just send me random 3*s or something. These 1 cover 5* TUs are worthless. The only one that's really useful at one cover is that IM board shake, and maaaaybe GG purple. But even then, the lower star equivalents are better

Malmorian

So I have Devil Dino coming up in a few days and he's max covered, question i have is, would he be worth champing? I only have 1 champed 4* and that's XWV, and it's going to cost about 300K right now, i've got 200k in the bank

Top Bottom