• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Triz

Next season Character updates:

Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
Wasp's health has been increased

Tactical Intuition
Tactical Intuition now costs 5 AP (down from 8). The amount of increased damage for swapping tiles has been increased slightly and now creates a Strike and a Protect tile if no Strike or Protect tiles exist.

That Buzzing Sound
The passive will activate sooner than before (from 9 to 7 AP at power levels 1-4 and from 8 to 6 AP at power level 5). The damage for an enemy matching the tile has been increased significantly.

Wasp Sting
Damage has been increased and the power no longer creates a Strike tile. The power now stuns the enemy at 8 Blue AP at all levels but no longer drains Blue AP. The power stuns the enemy for 3 turns at power level 5.

Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy)

Kick Out the Jams
Cost has been reduced to 6. The power continues to create Web tiles (2 at power levels 1-4, 3 at power level 5) but now fortifies a web tile as well. The power now has a passive component that heals Spider-Gwen’s team (including herself) with a boost of health every time a Web tile is matched.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=60653

Dalek

What's the vaulting solution? The bonus covers?

So not sure if you know this-but with the whole bonus heroes thing, they changed what covers are available in tokens. Take a look at what covers are available in the Classic vs New Legendary tokens. Like half of the 4 stars are shelved and you'll really only be able to get them via covers or spending CP or as bonus hero rewards. So basically you want to have all the old Heroes maxed out now-as from this point on you're mostly going to be getting only new heroes from the Legendary Tokens.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60457

My end of season tokens were all 2-stars. So that was fun.

Will be champing Drax in the next week or so, however long that'll take. I'm sitting on a couple Rocket & Groot covers, that will earn me a Drax cover, so I've got time. Champing the last of my 2-stars in the meantime.

Been doing 6 clears in Enemy of the State, definitely not sustainable. But decent rewards while I'm at it.

Dalek

I finally championed Luke (felt like it took forever)-and my Legendary Token reward yielded me...another Luke! :/

AND! A bonus cover-Kingpin....which in turn gave me another Legendary Token! Because he is now 280.

That Legendary Token gave me a Spider-Woman cover.

Now to Champion my 3* Thanos...100->166 in 13 days.

zulux21

I finally championed Luke (felt like it took forever)-and my Legendary Token reward yielded me...another Luke! :/

AND! A bonus cover-Kingpin....which in turn gave me another Legendary Token! Because he is now 280.

That Legendary Token gave me a Spider-Woman cover.

Now to Champion my 3* Thanos...100->166 in 13 days.

thanos will be a walk in the park.

deadpool daily alone will get you close.

zulux21

good...and then I'm back to getting Peggy, Drax, Nova and Punisher all up to 250. :/

but yeah you need a little over 100k for thanos right?
you get 4700 iso from deadpool a day
plus a 1 star, 2 star token so 350 more iso
a 3 star cover so 500 iso
2cp so 100iso
and 3 tacos that on average will net you like 250 iso per for another 750 iso

so you will get 6400 iso per day on average from DDQ (plus likely the clash token which is worth 200 iso per day) so 6600 iso per day which is 85,800

granted you likely won't redeem all your CP and what not so it will likely be closer to 5k per day or 65k but still that means you just need to get 40k from other sources which isn't very hard. Meanwhile I will just continue to collect my iso and slowly level up 4 stars when they are needed, until I see what their solution to the vaulting is.

as it stands I just plan to ideally get some carol and medusa covers and level them up to 200 or so.

Spoit

Boo, I got blue.

Between that and his event, coulson is starting to grow on me. It takes a bit more set up, but once he gets spinning, he's a way better CD accelerator than falcap. And he even has a blue to use all those automatched times from SW or chulk!

zulux21

looks like our non neogaf member left us so gaf-vengers has an open alliance slot again.

if anyone wants it just say so and one of the commanders will add you.

only requirements are try to log in every day. and ideally you will play any alliance event somewhat seriously. beyond that we don't really care.

I thought getting covers was hard.

Getting the ISO to champ when you're maxed is .....ugh

Have some of mine, lol. I have over 100,000 and nothing to spend it on because I almost never get any four star covers, and all my other characters are maxed (except 5*s).

I champed Invisible Woman just to spend some of it.

zulux21

Have some of mine, lol. I have over 100,000 and nothing to spend it on because I almost never get any four star covers, and all my other characters are maxed (except 5*s).

I champed Invisible Woman just to spend some of it.

im closing in on 300k.

the new vaulting situation might get me to actually champ a 4 star or 2 of the new characters though.

we will see. I will likely wait to see how they change things first, as while i like only the 12 most recent in there a lot of people seem mad about it :p

im closing in on 300k.

the new vaulting situation might get me to actually champ a 4 star or 2 of the new characters though.

we will see. I will likely wait to see how they change things first, as while i like only the 12 most recent in there a lot of people seem mad about it :p

So the older 4* characters have actually been removed from tokens??

That's ridiculous. Those are the covers I actually need-I don't care if I get a Riri or Captain Marvel....I need to finish up Kingpin, Thor, Iceman etc...that really blows.

In terms of ISO, I dipped below a million yesterday. I'll try to get back up to 1.5 - 2 before actually making some pulls again. I hate not having it on hand if the need arises.

j2wiPFA.jpg

zulux21

So the older 4* characters have actually been removed from tokens??

That's ridiculous. Those are the covers I actually need-I don't care if I get a Riri or Captain Marvel....I need to finish up Kingpin, Thor, Iceman etc...that really blows.

In terms of ISO, I dipped below a million yesterday. I'll try to get back up to 1.5 - 2 before actually making some pulls again. I hate not having it on hand if the need arises.

yup as it stands now you can only get older characters via event rewards or favorites.
are the only characters you can get from tokens/CP
and once a new 4* is released the oldest will be pushed out.

it will be a rough start, but after a few months it should mean that you should be able to build up all the new characters fairly well.

yup as it stands now you can only get older characters via event rewards or favorites.

are the only characters you can get from tokens/CP
and once a new 4* is released the oldest will be pushed out.

it will be a rough start, but after a few months it should mean that you should be able to build up all the new characters fairly well.

The best way to describe the change is that while we're used to building up our 4* in parallel, now for anyone that's not in the newest 12, we'll have to do it serially (one after the other) instead, but we'll have a "somewhat constant" stream of covers for them specifically. I think the people most hurt by this are the people that are just starting to build up their 4 stars, as it's going to take them a long time to build up the covers for the older 4*. For people already well into the 4* transition, building the one at a time isn't going to take that long when you only need to gather 1-3 covers for each of them. My only personal issue at this point is the characters I have with two 5 cover powers (like my 5/1/5 Iceman or my 2/5/5 Red Hulk), as I have to set them as a favorite and then hope I get the right cover/s in enough time that I don't have to sell off too many of them. That's why I'll probably look more towards progression/placement rewards and vaults for those guys (and maybe buy the cover if my luck gets particularly bad).

zulux21

The best way to describe the change is that while we're used to building up our 4* in parallel, now for anyone that's not in the newest 12, we'll have to do it serially (one after the other) instead, but we'll have a "somewhat constant" stream of covers for them specifically. I think the people most hurt by this are the people that are just starting to build up their 4 stars, as it's going to take them a long time to build up the covers for the older 4*. For people already well into the 4* transition, building the one at a time isn't going to take that long when you only need to gather 1-3 covers for each of them. My only personal issue at this point is the characters I have with two 5 cover powers (like my 5/1/5 Iceman or my 2/5/5 Red Hulk), as I have to set them as a favorite and then hope I get the right cover/s in enough time that I don't have to sell off too many of them. That's why I'll probably look more towards progression/placement rewards and vaults for those guys (and maybe buy the cover if my luck gets particularly bad).

eh... there is only a handful of 4 stars worth fully covering it's not that big of deal for people just getting into it. the main people who are angry are the ones that have 20+ 4 star champs as unless they make a crappy character a favorite they now won't ever get any more rewards for all the iso they sunk into a bad character

eh... there is only a handful of 4 stars worth fully covering it's not that big of deal for people just getting into it. the main people who are angry are the ones that have 20+ 4 star champs as unless they make a crappy character a favorite they now won't ever get any more rewards for all the iso they sunk into a bad character

I consider myself a pretty hardcore player and I still only average a 4 star pull about every other day (at best, I'd say I do 2 every 3 days), so even if bonus heroes were literally every 20 pulls I'd end up getting around one a month, and given the smattering of covers from progression and vaults it means it'd probably take about 8-12 months or so to build any of them up from having like 1-4 covers. As a simple example, with this system it's probably going to take me about 6-8 months to completely cover my 3/0/3 Star-Lord.

zulux21

I consider myself a pretty hardcore player and I still only average a 4 star pull about every other day (at best, I'd say I do 2 every 3 days), so even if bonus heroes were literally every 20 pulls I'd end up getting around one a month, and given the smattering of covers from progression and vaults it means it'd probably take about 8-12 months or so to build any of them up from having like 1-4 covers. As a simple example, with this system it's probably going to take me about 6-8 months to completely cover my 3/0/3 Star-Lord.

still faster than it would be just pulling random covers previously.

though I think I agree with someone else's thought of maybe allowing a few slots in the current heroes that you can choose to add older heroes to to even speed up the older heroes faster.

the issue being that if you make it to easy then everyone will just max out the best characters and not run much else.

still faster than it would be just pulling random covers previously.

though I think I agree with someone else's thought of maybe allowing a few slots in the current heroes that you can choose to add older heroes to to even speed up the older heroes faster.

the issue being that if you make it to easy then everyone will just max out the best characters and not run much else.

Again, it's faster if you're only covering one of them, but if you're trying to cover more than that, it's slower because they have to be done one after the other instead of doing them all together.

zulux21

Again, it's faster if you're only covering one of them, but if you're trying to cover more than that, it's slower because they have to be done one after the other instead of doing them all together.
actually it is still faster at doing 2 at once as well, beyond that not so much though :p

but that just goes to show how diluted the pool was in general.

really with so many 4 stars the DDQ revamp should have just made a second version for 4 stars that gave you one a day of a given color :/

zulux21

hawkeye is getting both a 3 and 5 star version added to the game.

I wonder if any character that doesn't already have a 3 star version that gets released as a 5 star will get this treatment.

5*
Josh Austin: 5-Star Hawkeye (Clint Barton) is from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and we made sure to use his latest look as reference. For the 3-Star Hawkeye (Hawkguy) we used his [recent solo series] comic version as inspiration, but made sure to make him still very heroic. As mentioned above, we definitely squeezed in the very funny scene where he's caught in bed and has to dodge fire...

Marvel.com: I'd be willing to bet we can expect trick arrows galore from the ace archer. Would you mind telling us how we're going to be turning baddies into pincushions?

Josh Austin: This going to be a long one...

For 5-Star Hawkeye (Clint Barton), his first power is called Can't Seem to Miss and it's a Purple AP Passive, so it costs 0 AP. For this power, Hawkeye stays cool under pressure and hits his targets. Whenever a friendly Countdown tile reaches 0, gain Blue and Red AP and at the start of each turn fortify friendly Countdown tiles.

His second power is called Full Quiver and costs five Blue AP. This power has seven arrows that all do different things:

Bola Arrow: Hawkeye's arrow bursts in mid-air, deploying bolas which wrap around his target, incapacitating them. Creates a Blue Countdown tile that stuns target for a few turns.

Explosive Arrow: Hawkeye's arrow hits the target, letting out an ominous beeping before it explodes. Creates a Blue Countdown tile that deals damage to the target.

Electric Arrow: Hawkeye's arrow hits the battlefield and releases an immense electric charge. Creates a Blue Countdown tile that creates Charged tiles.

Sonic Arrow: Hawkeye's sonic arrow lets loose an ear-piercing scream as it flies towards its target, disorienting his enemies. Creates a Blue Countdown tile that creates Red Strike tiles.

Ant-Man Arrow: ”Okay...I'm good! I'm good, Arrow Guy, let's go!" Creates a Blue Countdown tile that steals enemy AP of a random color.

Acid Arrow: Hawkeye lets loose an acid arrow, which breaks open at his target, melting metal and burning enemies. Creates a Blue Countdown tile that creates Purple attack tiles.

Smoke Bomb Arrow: Hawkeye's smoke arrow floods the battlefield with cover for him and his allies. Creates a Blue Countdown tile that grants Hawkeye and his teammates invisibility for two turns.

Shrapnel Arrow: Hawkeye fires his final arrow, which breaks apart in mid-air, firing explosive shrapnel which hits each of his targets. Creates a Blue Countdown tile that deals damage to the enemy team.

Finally, this power becomes Out of Arrows after firing his last arrow, now having used all of his ammo, Hawkeye has to improvise hand-to-hand. This deals damage to the target.

5-Star Hawkeye's last ability is called Deep Breath and it costs five Red AP. Hawkeye takes a deep breath and draws his bow, taking careful aim at his prey. Places a fortified blue Countdown tile. When it reaches 0, if you have enough Red AP, spend it and deal damage, otherwise deal a little more than a fifth of the damage. At level three for me, this was 5,657 damage if you have 10 Red AP, otherwise it deals 1,561 damage.

3*
For 3-Star Hawkeye (Hawkguy), Hawkguy's first ability is called Because...Boomerangs and it costs 10 Purple AP. This power creates Red Strike tiles and a Purple Countdown tile that removes friendly Strike tiles and deals damage.

Full Quiver costs five Blue AP. For this power, the arrows are the same as I mentioned earlier but with a reduction of damage because he's a 3-Star!

No Good News is Hawkguy's final power and it costs 10 Black AP. For this power, Hawkeye is caught in bed and dodges an attack rather unexpectedly. This power heals Hawkeye and creates two random enemy protect, strike or attack tiles. It also has a Passive that whenever you match an enemy special tile, your team gains Blue and Purple AP.

so not a simple clone, but unlike thanos and strange I don't see a big need to build up hawkguy very fast.

Both Hawkeye and Hawkguy are available on March 9 during the Avengers vs. Ultron Event that goes live that day

aka we could really use a last member of the alliance

RipRamsey

hawkeye is getting both a 3 and 5 star version added to the game.

I wonder if any character that doesn't already have a 3 star version that gets released as a 5 star will get this treatment.

5*

3*

so not a simple clone, but unlike thanos and strange I don't see a big need to build up hawkguy very fast.

Both Hawkeye and Hawkguy are available on March 9 during the Avengers vs. Ultron Event that goes live that day

aka we could really use a last member of the alliance

I'd like to join. I put in a request.

zulux21

they also posted details for 3 and 5 star hawkeye (unless I am missing something 3 star hawkguy is not really worth rostering, the 5 star might be though as at the very least he could be fun)

they also posted future patch notes which have a HUGE!!!!!! buff for characters with a random stun

Characters with stun immunity are now able to be stunned if the ability that stuns it is a random-target ability.

meanwhile while we won't have that update for ultron, in future runs spider gwen or scarlot might be able to just stun the boss :p

more likely it will just be against 5* player characters though.

and I know it's just me but I am very happy the purple star lord cover is the one we likely won't reach as I already have 5 purple for him >.>

KuroNeeko

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to get back into this and they've made a lot of changes. My main roster is still 2★ OBW, 2★ Mags, and 2★ Storm with a 2★ Wolverine and 2★ Thor to finish it out.

Everything else is just a bunch of half-baked 3★ covers. Going by the last "tier list" I could probably drop Psylocke, (to make room for a new Thanos, but I like her too much to dust her.

My question is, is it worth Championing your two stars (like the guys I'm using above) or should I just be saving ISO to build my 3★s as I get them?

Otherwise, just build up by participating in events, doing the Taco runs, and whatnot, right? I'm playing at the 2★ tier in the current event, but could probably handle the 3★ tier...maybe.

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to get back into this and they've made a lot of changes. My main roster is still 2★ OBW, 2★ Mags, and 2★ Storm with a 2★ Wolverine and 2★ Thor to finish it out.

Everything else is just a bunch of half-baked 3★ covers. Going by the last "tier list" I could probably drop Psylocke, (to make room for a new Thanos, but I like her too much to dust her.

My question is, is it worth Championing your two stars (like the guys I'm using above) or should I just be saving ISO to build my 3★s as I get them?

Otherwise, just build up by participating in events, doing the Taco runs, and whatnot, right? I'm playing at the 2★ tier in the current event, but could probably handle the 3★ tier...maybe.

Champ your two stars, as the champion rewards give you, among other things, heroic tokens and more 3* covers. You'll get the ISO for your your 3 stars after a while.

they also posted details for 3 and 5 star hawkeye (unless I am missing something 3 star hawkguy is not really worth rostering, the 5 star might be though as at the very least he could be fun)

they also posted future patch notes which have a HUGE!!!!!! buff for characters with a random stun

meanwhile while we won't have that update for ultron, in future runs spider gwen or scarlot might be able to just stun the boss :p

They've already walked that back and said that the stuns can target them, but they won't be stunned. So technically, it's a slight nerf to them (though to be fair, outside of bosses there's only 2 characters that can't be stunned, I believe, in Surfer and Ultron Prime).

And 3* Hawkeye is a decent character, he's just not meta-changing in the way that Strange and Thanos were. The ability to play with Full Quiver at that level seems like it'll be fun.

zulux21

They've already walked that back and said that the stuns can target them, but they won't be stunned. So technically, it's a slight nerf to them (though to be fair, outside of bosses there's only 2 characters that can't be stunned, I believe, in Surfer and Ultron Prime).

And 3* Hawkeye is a decent character, he's just not meta-changing in the way that Strange and Thanos were. The ability to play with Full Quiver at that level seems like it'll be fun.

yeah I see that they backed up on that.

and really decent isn't good enough when adding to the 3 star pool.
strange and thanos were great as they filled a new role.
haweguy might be fun to play around with but anyone past the 3 star stage likely won't bother playing with him, and for those in the 3 star stage he is just another character to need a roster slot for.

I mean I will roster him and level him and what not because 3 star champ farming is also a thing...

and it will be nice to eventually get a kate bishop cover...

but still.

brickface

I NOW HAVE ALL THE FOUR STAR CHARACTERS!

Sorry for shouting. None of them are champed yet, but I'm still rather pleased with myself :)

I NOW HAVE ALL THE FOUR STAR CHARACTERS!

Sorry for shouting. None of them are champed yet, but I'm still rather pleased with myself :)
Yeah, I came to that realization the other day, too. All the 3 and 4 stars are owned, and all the 5 stars except for Black Panther. Then I'm slowly getting roster slots for all of the 2 stars again, since they're needed now.

MiTYH

New clash, easy peasy VS Cyclops.

.... I have a problem. I can't NOT open new tokens. And since I didn't favorite a 4 star (oops) I got a bonus for someone I didn't need. Who, of the following, is worth investing in?

4-stars:
Venom (Black)
Cap Marvel (Yellow)
Riri (Green)
Agent Coulson (Yellow)

.... I have a problem. I can't NOT open new tokens. And since I didn't favorite a 4 star (oops) I got a bonus for someone I didn't need. Who, of the following, is worth investing in?

4-stars:
Venom (Black)
Cap Marvel (Yellow)
Riri (Green)
Agent Coulson (Yellow)

Cap Marvel - Absolutely
Coulson - Yes
Riri - Eh
Venom (Agent) - Not really

Dalek

4-stars:
Venom (Black)
Cap Marvel (Yellow)
Riri (Green)
Agent Coulson (Yellow)

I have the same affliction. It sucks. I have no self-control.

I did pull my first 5 star Black Panther today due to the Crash, though.

zulux21

I have the same affliction. It sucks. I have no self-control.

I did pull my first 5 star Black Panther today due to the Crash, though.

I got a yellow carol.

also don't forget guys that ultron went live.

also... I was sad to see that I missed a day worth of deadpool daily.

Ithink I have done the 2 cp each day so I think I forgot to go back and do quicksilver's main day.

Spoit

Ugh, I regret softcapping war machine. Even with 5 covers, his red is really really bad. Even hulk's red was more useful, much less 2* hawkeye's. It's always sad when the 2* character is the most useful one for that node

DD-11

Now that they've done away with buying 1* vault packs with iso, what is iso for? I've got 200k and other than leveling the odd character it's just piling up.

Dalek

Now that they've done away with buying 1* vault packs with iso, what is iso for? I've got 200k and other than leveling the odd character it's just piling up.

It's precisely for leveling characters up. You should never spend your ISO on tokens (not that you can anymore)

Wait until you start getting more 3 and 4 star covers, then you'll be happy you didn't spend it on more tokens.

As everybody else has said, SAVE IT.

If I recall correctly it is about 175k to champ a 3* and way more for 4* characters.

And for Avengers vs. Ultron, if anyone is new and in need of a good team, IM40, 3* Cap, and Grey Suit Black Widow work great for this. One Recharge gets caps Blue and Red running to replace any bombs that get too low, and two (or 3-4 extra green matches is enough to use Widow's shot to take out multiple bombs at once (and her red can be useful as well, but it doesn't have the bonus of the rep AP coming back to you like Cap does).

KuroNeeko

This new event? This time period? Seems pretty unforgiving for "new-ish" (rank 17) players.

I can't compete in PvP because I don't have any 4★s and I can only fight Ultron (once every eight hours) in the PvE event because I don't have any of the required characters for the nodes. lol

And for Avengers vs. Ultron, if anyone is new and in need of a good team, IM40, 3* Cap, and Grey Suit Black Widow work great for this. One Recharge gets caps Blue and Red running to replace any bombs that get too low, and two (or 3-4 extra green matches is enough to use Widow's shot to take out multiple bombs at once (and her red can be useful as well, but it doesn't have the bonus of the rep AP coming back to you like Cap does).

Yeah, I actually used GSBW as I have her with 2 green. GSBW, The Hood, and 2★ Thor. lol

This new event? This time period? Seems pretty unforgiving for "new-ish" (rank 17) players.

I can't compete in PvP because I don't have any 4★s and I can only fight Ultron (once every eight hours) in the PvE event because I don't have any of the required characters for the nodes. lol

Yeah, I actually used GSBW as I have her with 2 green. GSBW, The Hood, and 2★ Thor. lol

Her green always makes the same hole, the covers change the amount of damage she does. It's why her optimal build for this event is actually 3/5/5.

As for that, yeah, it can be a pain, but if you alliance is halfway decent they should be able to make it to round 5/6 and you'll get some hawkguy and 1 starlord.

Top Bottom