• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

rofl, I finally finished 10 missions with someone, and guess who it was:
...THE HULK...
guess his combos are super easy. the hardest combo is doing his regular bnb in the corner, but then using gamma wave L to cancel into gamma crush. I don't know how people keep a charge because when I do it, I always aerial exchange, lol. I guess there is just enough time after you press S to keep a charge to pull it off, but when you do pull it off, so sexy, 680k+ damage.

shaowebb

Ultimoo said:
mike ross proves why I think gamma crush is the best hyper ever, so satisfying when you land it. too bad the double crush glitch isn't in mvc3. :D

I keep running into jump ins today and overhead teams. So far anytime I lose a match that makes me look free I switch to team anti air. Hulk/Sentinel/Haggar

Better believe Gamma Crush makes that fun.

Anything trying to rush in gets pushed out by drones. All characters are big enough to sit in front of the drones blocking to protect Sent on punish in emergency scenarios. Plus standing invincible H into launch with Hulk, Standing invincible S with Sent, and Scary as hell Pipe from Haggar makes folks afraid to approach and at a loss once I stand in the middle of the screen.

Sent drones DHC into gamma crush DHC into body splash is pretty severe even on chip, too.

Fun team to use together. I may put them in as my third just in case I keep running into a lot of jumping Tronne's again.

Dahbomb

Ultimoo said:
rofl, I finally finished 10 missions with someone, and guess who it was:
...THE HULK...
guess his combos are super easy. the hardest combo is doing his regular bnb in the corner, but then using gamma wave L to cancel into gamma crush. I don't know how people keep a charge because when I do it, I always aerial exchange, lol. I guess there is just enough time after you press S to keep a charge to pull it off, but when you do pull it off, so sexy, 680k+ damage.
You have enough time after the S to charge it up. Hulk was probably the easiest character to finish. Dormammu was second for me then Wolverine (except for that Berserker Charge one where I had to ask here how to do it and it turned out it wasn't that hard).

I haven't completed all the Mission mode yet (I normally start with one Mission mode, try to beat it all then learn the character which takes a while then move on to the next mission), just the Marvel ones and like half the Capcom ones. They are doable you just need to put in the time and effort. The assist ones are probably the trickiest because you have to try different timings for their calls because obviously the Mission mode doesn't tell you shit.

After I do Mission mode I just go online and do the Trag combos for the characters. Then if I like the character I go for more advance stuff online. I think I went the furthest with Dormammu and Zero, I think I can do most of their advance combos although they aren't that hard so it doesn't mean much.

Looks like no Captivate leaks, time to go to sleep have been up way too long waiting for leaks. I am sure as soon as I go to bed some shit is going to get leaked and I will be LTTP. I am also going to be missing out on live WNF, guess I will have to watch the archive. :/

Masamuna

Dahbomb said:
I don't get it, you want to slow their entire team?

See here's what I don't get about VJ. Why would you waste two meters to slow and snap back a character when you can easily KILL that character with those 2 meters? It doesn't make much sense to me.

That's not to say VJ is bad, he has potential with that slow because it can lead to some REALLY SICK combos on that character but I don't understand why you have to snap him out. Basically the way I see that VJ is supposed to be played is: Get a combo in, do Mach Speed, air combo, OTG (see you need an OTG assist for VJ) and then V God Hand as finisher. Now that person is crippled and has taken some decent damage as well. If they switch out, they are fucked. They will just have to sit there and take it which allows them to fall into another combo easier and this time that combo will be deadlier because of the slow.

Using all that meter to have all their characters sped down sounds more like a troll situation now than it did in my head last night.

So yeah, that idea is scratched. Since that's out of the way, would the extra meter build from Morrigan be worth it or would something like Taskmaster (a) that could help joe zone/get in be better?

zlatko

Banned
Saw you guys posting some tier lists in here, and I'll just mention some of the characters I think are getting slept on too much.

Deadpool-----he is god like. I'm confused why he isn't on more teams.
Super Skrull-----People were hot on him for like 3 days, then stopped. WTF happened?
Chris Redfield----Damage and incredible zoning. Good machine gun assist.

I think those are the 3 characters right now have a chance to be considered "top tier" if more pro players threw them into their teams to find some magic with them.

zlatko said:
Saw you guys posting some tier lists in here, and I'll just mention some of the characters I think are getting slept on too much.

Super Skrull-----People were hot on him for like 3 days, then stopped. WTF happened?

I think those are the 3 characters right now have a chance to be considered "top tier" if more pro players threw them into their teams to find some magic with them.

Grifter plays a good Chris!!

zlatko said:

Super Skrull is okay... he's waaayy too predictable.

SolarPowered said:
You've been thinking more about matchups and team synergy than everyone here put together in the last five pages or so.

Maybe you should just play and play and play until it clicks. Throw an invite my way if you ever want to fight someone you actually have a chance of beating if you like.
For sure. Maybe I'll go with a fun team that doesn't need to be perfect, like Dormammu(liberation)/Zero(fireball)/C.Viper(seismo).

Solune said:
Look he didn't say anything about spam. I'm not gonna argue semantics though, he was being zoned. And really? You're gonna take a guess on Dormammu's Chaotic Flame vs Arrows? That screams scrubby unless you can do it on reaction.
I don't have any arguments of your comments towards playing against low-tier players because, well, I don't base my level of play around low level players.
However suggesting teleports vs arrow spam in general is a poor decision since Task gets a free super off of air throw, lest you are Wesker.

Huh? Who said anything about guess chaotic flame? I said stand medium, which beats arrows.

Karsticles said:
3) Dormammu is 100% prone after using Dark Hole in the air. While I understand not wanting him to be a powerful force in air combat, not even allowing him to block during a long fall is pretty harsh. I don't think any other character suffers from this unique drawback.

4) Dormammu has no air options at all; why does he even have Flight? It's actually bad for him to fly, because unlike every other character with Flight, you know Dormammu can only do one thing out of Flight: come down. A similar complaint can be made about his superjumping.
There are a few other characters with bad lag after air moves. Dormammu has flight just to run away for a little bit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Prototype-03 said:
Super Skrull is okay... he's waaayy too predictable.
:(

I play a lame skrull. You know, the one that meteor smashes in to try and hit confirm a hyper. Good anchor, but really I get blown up by a "real" Skrull, teaching me moves that the game never tells you in the command list :/

I really wish I didn't play a lame skrull but it is what it is. Too many clutch victories using the guy with that X-Factor damage. He's like my Sentinel really =/

Neki

I can't play characters that I can't mash buttons. (I also can't play characters that need charge, so weird. D:) I'd love Skrull otherwise, his play style is awesome.

enzo_gt said:
:(

I play a lame skrull. You know, the one that meteor smashes in to try and hit confirm a hyper. Good anchor, but really I get blown up by a "real" Skrull, teaching me moves that the game never tells you in the command list :/

I really wish I didn't play a lame skrull but it is what it is. Too many clutch victories using the guy with that X-Factor damage. He's like my Sentinel really =/
I call those Super Scrubs. I'm one too. :(

USD

Xanbats has been running for a while. Something to watch before the inevitable switch to Wednesday Night Fights.

http://www.justin.tv/xanadugames

itsmarvelbabypnx8.gif

As for WNF, this week Level|Up is streaming, though I'm not sure whether they're using their Justin.tv or Ustream account. I'm assuming JTV.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
holy crap .Asian dude on xanadu is a friend of mine. Used to play Soul Calibur with him in soul calibur game room.

Granted its not that random because its like 5 minutes away from my undergrad university.

Neki

so glad that people use storm's tornado hyper now, it was so boring watching them just spam ice storm all day.

USD

(Regular) Phoenix with the OCV.

Steve H is not pleased. "This game is ass, but I'd rather play this than Street Fighter IV."

Solune

God's Beard said:
Huh? Who said anything about guess chaotic flame? I said stand medium, which beats arrows.
Wasn't referring to you God's Beard, he said in the Dormammu matchup against Task.
Dirtbag said:
He's talking arrow spam and forgetting he can super jump, instead just switching to an even worse matchup - least Domm's super comes out like lightning.
That's where the context of Chaotic Flame came from.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm going to use people's opinions for the tourney. I'd like a few of you to rate every single character in the game from one to ten in terms of ease of use, damage potential, assists and mix ups.

And if you want to go even further. Make a tier list of your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom