• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not fair, it's Marvel.
More like "it's stupid". No, I am not interested in the satisfaction of winning because I'm an underdog. That's stupid, too.

I do well at it works good, it's just his assist doesn't help my cause really. When I'm being zoned with shehulk, my only real option is to superjump. If I could a good horizontal assist of some sorts, I could work on wave dashing in more safely. Not sure if Akuma is the answer, but those tatsus always fuck me up when I play him.
Try Taskmaster - those arrows are so good, and the assist is nigh impossible to punish on reaction.

Of course, you could always go with Sentinel. His assist goes so well with She-Hulk!
Just like it goes well with everybody.

Ferrio

Banned
Whoooaaaa ohhh
Whoooaaaa ohhh
Whoooaaaa ohhh
Whoooaaaa ohhh
Whoooaaaa ohhh
Whoooaaaa ohhh
Whoooaaaa ohhh

Me playing tron

Try Taskmaster - those arrows are so good, and the assist is nigh impossible to punish on reaction.

I could, and have thought about it. He'll probably be the backup if Akuma doesn't click with me.

Dahbomb

Alright guys, I am going to bite the bullet and make a REAL MVC3 tier list. Haters gonna hate, tier whores will cry, character fans will cry... I don't give a fuck.

Only going to divide the cast into 3 categories: Top, High and Mid. No Low or God because God indicates this character should be on every team to win and Low means that you shouldn't be playing with this character. No characters as of yet qualify for these tiers.

Top means they are the top 12 in the game. It doesn't mean they are unbeatable or have a huge advantage over the other tiers but that the characters here have lots of tools, are versatile in their play styles, have great assists while also being good on point or all of the above. They also have good standings in solo match ups against other characters either within the tier or outside.

High means they are generally better than the bottom 12 characters but not quite as good as the top 12. These characters are extremely solid, have good/great assists, have tools and overall strengthen a team greatly. They just may not have everything.

Mid characters are either A) Characters who aren't well explored yet B) Characters who require one or two assists to live up to their potential or C) Characters who generally may have an excellent assist but lack tools/versatility to be top/high point characters. These characters still are viable threats but the rule of thumb is that they need to be in a team where they are well supported or they themselves are mostly in a supportive role.

Oh and DHC glitch is a mild consideration for the tier list.

GOD TIER

Pipe
Cap's Shield
Bionic Arm

TOP TIER

Phoenix
Wesker
Magneto
Dante
Amaterasu
Akuma
Zero
Wolverine
Storm
Trish
C. Viper
Taskmaster

HIGH TIER

She Hulk
Dr Doom
Dormammu
Sentinel
Iron Man
Morrigan
X-23
Tron Bonne
Spencer
Super Skrull
Deadpool
Felicia
Chun Li

MID TIER

Jill (mostly unexplored; most likely High)
Shuma Gorath (mostly unexplored; most likely High)
Viewtiful Joe (generally unexplored; most likely will stay Mid)
MODOK (generally unexplored; probably will rise to High)
Thor (will be moved to High once more people start getting the tech on him)
Spider Man (same as above)
Ryu
Chris
Captain America
Hulk
Haggar
Hsien Ko
Arthur

LOW TIER

Arthur in his underpants

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:

Tron should be high. She's no slouch on point AND has one of the best assists in game. Should switch her out with the spiderman, who's unproven on point and has arguably the worst assists in game.

Dahbomb

Ferrio said:
Tron should be high. She's no slouch on point AND has one of the best assists in game. Should switch her out with the spiderman, who's unproven on point and has arguably the worst assists in game.
Made the change and I would agree on those points. I still feel Spider Man is really good on point and with an OTG assist he is high tier material. The execution barrier is limiting him right now and not a lot of people maining him. Small hit box also is an advantage for him.

Ultimoo said:
Ryu should be high tier. Overhead into x-factored combo ending with Shinkuu Haduken is unstoppable.
Ryu is good but that's not why he is good. Overhead can be blocked and it's generally shit because that's the ONLY way to combo out of it without an assist. You compare that with Akuma's overhead (or like.. everyone else's overhead) and you realize that it's a one off thing.

Ryu is good because Shinkuu Hadouken is a great punisher from anywhere, j.H L Tatsu pressure is really solid and crosses up plus he does very good damage on very basic combos. He is mid tier because his game is too straightforward meaning he will not be opening people up and he requires assists for support, one of them has to be OTG so he can do good damage from combos. He can't wave dash, no additional mobility in the air and his damage off of throws is low if he doesn't have an assist.

All these factors to me, puts him in Mid but better than a lot of the others in Mid. He is assist dependent, defensive play style and also a bit dependent on the other player making a mistake or two.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Tron's OK on point but has trouble getting her offense going and is easily zoned. Lots of damage and meter bulding potential though.

Also, her stock on point is gonna decrease a bit once more people figure out that her jump c is vulnerable low so lots of characters can beat it with crouching moves. Grifter was blowing me up with that shit when I played him. Need to start using more jump s I think.

Ferrio said:
Whoooaaaa ohhh
Whoooaaaa ohhh
Whoooaaaa ohhh
Whoooaaaa ohhh
Whoooaaaa ohhh
Whoooaaaa ohhh
Whoooaaaa ohhh

Me playing tron

LOL! Main reason why I'm thinking her dropping first before I think about dropping Viper... Might replace her with either Akuma or Dante which both have good assists for Viper.

Ferrio

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Tron's OK on point but has trouble getting her offense going and is easily zoned. Lots of damage and meter bulding potential though.

Also, her stock on point is gonna decrease a bit once more people figure out that her jump c is vulnerable low so lots of characters can beat it with crouching moves. Grifter was blowing me up with that shit when I played him. Need to start using more jump s I think.

Ya, I'm runnin into that as well. Trying to mix it up more with drills/delayed forward/back dash/different jumpings.

Anyone have the guide on them? Curious what the block disadvantage is on her drills. Doing stuff like superjump, air backdash is neat to catch someone anticipating a j.H... but curious how bad I'd eat it if the drills are blocked.

Dahbomb

Grecco said:
Id flip C Viper with Doramu but overall the list seems fine.
I was going to too, in fact C Viper and Dormammu both were on the edge of their tiers. Dormammu is proven now but I feel C Viper has so much potential to be a top character that its hard to ignore. She is a "top character" in the making.

Grifter

Lost Fragment said:

quit exposing half my strategies.

Ferrio said:
Ya, I'm runnin into that as well. Trying to mix it up more with drills/delayed forward/back dash/different jumpings.

Anyone have the guide on them? Curious what the block disadvantage is on her drills. Doing stuff like superjump, air backdash is neat to catch someone anticipating a j.H... but curious how bad I'd eat it if the drills are blocked.

definitely punishable. some scroob (points up) was mixing j.h/drill on me so i checked in training and it's a free magic series before she blocks but timing's funny.

jdub03

Ferrio said:

It's a lot if your grounded. You won't be able to throw anything out except her level 3 hyper grab. I use that a lot to bait them into it. I don't remember off the top of my head but if you do an air drill you are at like +1 or 2. The guide says the best use of the drill(when using it raw) would be to do the tiger knee motion for an instant air drill.

TKing the Drill makes it +1 on block.

I feel so dumb for only just figuring out Wesker jump teleport set-ups.

Jump, port forward at it's peak, call assist (or gun + assist if they're slower at coming out) then port back and confirm into a full combo. This lets you mix-up by porting down or by bluffing on the first teleport behind the opponent. Of course you can port off a jumping gun shot if you're in the right position to lock them down.

Also using the armour piercer assist with teleports to create wall to wall combos is pretty sick.

Spirit of Jazz said:
I feel so dumb for only just figuring out Wesker jump teleport set-ups.

Jump, port forward at it's peak, call assist (or gun + assist if they're slower at coming out) then port back and confirm into a full combo. This lets you mix-up by porting down or by bluffing on the first teleport behind the opponent. Of course you can port off a jumping gun shot if you're in the right position to lock them down.

Also using the armour piercer assist with teleports to create wall to wall combos is pretty sick.

I have a hard time blocking and countering those shenanigans. That and zero's jump and spam overhead kill me. Most of the time I get hit even if i think I'm stand guarding the correct way and even if I block, I don't punish in time and they hit me anyways with whatever follow up.

Ferrio said:
God I hate dealing with coldstar, having that dog headbutt my ankles is bad enough. Spitting icecubes at me is just adding insult to injury.

I agree... that dog is so annoying :3 woof!

Ultimoo said:
chip out his next character with shinkuu haduken, unstoppable.

What if THEY activate X-Factor??

Neki

Prototype-03 said:
I agree... that dog is so annoying :3 woof!

What if THEY activate X-Factor??

that's why you run Akuma + Ryu + Dorm so that they'll die from chip before they hit the ground!

Grifter

Spirit of Jazz said:
Okay, I think I'll need to steal this if it works with Akuma's tatsu. Far more screen carry and meter building (usually I'd only just have enough to use the dhc glitch from the get-go) than my current bnb.
good call. it will work, they HAVE to fall from the tatsu. just helped a buddy develop a similar combo to end in wesker's level3.

Neki

Ogrekiller said:
Watching mike Ross bitch about Wesker is hilarious.

Wesker- the new Sentinel. Less metal, more T-virus. And Uroboros.

Wesker is pretty good though. High health, has teleports, good assist, decent damage. Not sure if he's the best character though.

Also, Jwong's Thor is decent and Captain America is actually pretty good, Alex Valle was playing him and it was pretty sweet to watch, but maybe that's because Gootecks can't block, lol.

Ultimoo said:
that's why you run Akuma + Ryu + Dorm so that they'll die from chip before they hit the ground!

You have an answer for everything, don't you?

Salesman.jpg

touche

Ferrio said:
2 Rounds.... not even matches.

Why can't there be an ipad app for justin tv? Only the iphone version and it sucks to boot.

I have an android!!! doesn't work either :(

edit: Ferrio, wanna get some matches in tonight? I'm scrambling for new teams everyday though so you may be eating some noob tactics... AKA: I don't know what I'm doing, so I'm going to press buttons and let the magic happen.

JeTmAn81

Prototype-03 said:

edit: Ferrio, wanna get some matches in tonight? I'm scrambling for new teams everyday though so you may be eating some noob tactics... AKA: I don't know what I'm doing, so I'm going to press buttons and let the magic happen.

I can watch matches on my Droid X in the browser, but it's usually somewhat chunky, especially if I'm not on wireless. Justin.tv really does need a viewing app, ustream's works great so I don't know what their excuse is.

Ferrio said:
2 Rounds.... not even matches.

Why can't there be an ipad app for justin tv? Only the iphone version and it sucks to boot.
what's so bad about the iphone version? it works fairly well for what it's supposed to be.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:

Ya it'll have to be 9:30 Pacific or so, bah I'll have to miss Wednesday night fights then too.. but ya sure. I'll need just a bit of practice with akuma before hand though, wanna try switching him in for dorm.

Dahbomb

Easiest $20 ever for JWong.

I wanna see that Spider Man tech from JWong too. UWT resets plz.

QisTopTier said:
Looks like someone hasn't seen what arthur can really do, oh well.
Enlighten plz. That's what the working tier list is for, so people are aware of character strengths and weaknesses.

I don't think Arthur is that ass as people think he is. He has some damn nice assists in Gold armor mode and his chip damage game is ridiculous. Some of the best projectiles in the game. If you have the meter and he is your last character, LVL3 XFC Arthur is fucking nuts. Also has other shenanigans as well. But you need to build a team around him, proper assists and all. He has some decent combos too if people do get within your hurt box.

He's a lame character so he will never get respect.

There is no way Chris belongs towards the bottom of a tier list.

He can break 500k damage WITHOUT hyper meter from anywhere on the screen and can kill 90% of the cast in the corner in one combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom