• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub03

I might get burned out on this game pretty soon. 90% of players ranked higher then 5th lord use akuma wolvie scrub tactics. That shit is gdlk online. I need a local scene.

Ferrio

Banned
So my extended shehulk combo using Akuma is pretty iffy online, it's touchy to begin with.. add lag and I don't know if I can pull it off in a match... we'll see.

Otherwise I just need to get better with my mixups with Akuma, he's been better overall but all my losses using this new team is from me screwing up my new combo and eating something (if i mess it up it leaves me in a baaad position).

ClakeyD is the only player ever who makes use of Tron outside of that assist. SO FUCKING GOOD. And that team synergy with She Hulk was sexy as hell. Hit confirming Beacon Bomb with the She Hulk assist from FULL SCREEN... that shit was HYPE AS FUCK.

: |

People never get hype when I do it to them. Bah, told you people tron with shehulk rocked.

Wait beacon bomb from full screen? How is that possible, it's too slow especially off a hit confirm.

Ferrio

Banned
Ultimoo said:
yeah, that combo is so much better to see and pull off then a simple gamma quake in the corner. people are really bad though, and like using gamma tsunami in the corner even though it does like 80k.

Combo I used with hulk was pretty devistating.

In corner:

(whatever)->launch, j.B, j.B, j.C, j.S, Wesker OTG, H, gamma charge H, L followup, Gamma crush.

It's brutal.

Grifter

do you mash all of wolvie's throws? and how fast? can you only otg the air ones?

been working on a new team of guys i threw together just to learn (wolvie/dorm/spence), switched back to my old team for a meet last night, and i just couldn't get out of the mindset of the wolvie team.

Neki

you love a new person every day God's Beard, you're like wishy washy when it comes to actually sticking to a team. :p

hitsugi

Ultimoo said:
you love a new person every day God's Beard, you're like wishy washy when it comes to actually sticking to a team. :p
every week he's broken down another 2-3 characters and with those characters come several new teams. Gods Beard = king of the lab confirmed

Ferrio

Banned
hitsugi said:
every week he's broken down another 2-3 characters and with those characters come several new teams. Gods Beard = king of the lab confirmed

Problem is lab time doesn't teach you how to play the game.

Neki

Ferrio said:
So my extended shehulk combo using Akuma is pretty iffy online, it's touchy to begin with.. add lag and I don't know if I can pull it off in a match... we'll see.

Otherwise I just need to get better with my mixups with Akuma, he's been better overall but all my losses using this new team is from me screwing up my new combo and eating something (if i mess it up it leaves me in a baaad position).

People never get hype when I do it to them. Bah, told you people tron with shehulk rocked.

Wait beacon bomb from full screen? How is that possible, it's too slow especially off a hit confirm.

http://www.justin.tv/leveluplive/b/283146239
at 1:56:51
probably the most epic beacon bomb ever, besides jwong's against marn's, rofl.

Does this game record time you spent in training mode if you turn the game off without going back to the menu?

Anyway:
80 hours offline
6 hours online
26 ranked matches

;-(

America's Favorite combo isn't Wesker's X Factor gun loop.

It's any combo into OTG Low Gun shot xx X Factor Cancel xx LVL 3 Hyper for the character kill.
Ah, I misunderstood.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but it HAS to be Gamma Crush.

FYI, all SF4 players should check out the thread, Capcom just released the trailer for AE DLC.
I don't play SSFIV, but I saw that video and thought "wow, that's impressive". Let us hope Niitsuma has been working as hard as Ono.

the double gamma crush glitch was in MvC2 where you used an assist to lift them into the air, and activated gamma crush without touching them on your way up. he'd then bring the rock down on you, and if done correctly, did 2x damage because of how the damage was distributed between the explosion and the ramming of the rock.
Thanks, good to know.

That SF4 AE trailer got me hyped. One day MVC3 will have as many features as well... one day.
Well, at least it shows that Capcom is willing to do massive DLC updates to sustain their games.

Lets hope so. That AE replay feature is so boss.
I want to be able to pick Version 1.0 Sentinel like the SSFIV:AE players can use SSFIV character versions.

I might get burned out on this game pretty soon. 90% of players ranked higher then 5th lord use akuma wolvie scrub tactics. That shit is gdlk online. I need a local scene.
I'm way ahead of you. On the burned out part, I mean.

graghagahahgrawwww sentineeeeeeeellllllllll
I love Sentinel, why did it take me so long?
Don't you do this with a new character every few days?

do you mash all of wolvie's throws? and how fast? can you only otg the air ones?
been working on a new team of guys i threw together just to learn (wolvie/dorm/spence), switched back to my old team for a meet last night, and i just couldn't get out of the mindset of the wolvie team.
You can mash all of them up to 9 hits (I think). You can OTG all of them, but the timing on ground throws is obviously harder since you have to close the distance.

Does this game record time you spent in training mode if you turn the game off without going back to the menu?

Anyway:
80 hours offline
6 hours online
26 ranked matches

;-(
Intense. How much of that offline time is Arcade Mode?

Dahbomb

ClakieD made me respect Tron. He did get my respect for Tron earlier but he leveled up Tron to one touch death every time WITH an unblockable set up. Seriously guy had mad combos/set ups with Tron and always like 4-5 meters on deck.

Tron is High tier. Fuck the haters. Although Clockw0rk pretty much shut down Tron with Amaterasu with those paper counters. Jump H got countered to hell with those papers floating around.

Its still sad all these really good and creative players still sticking to "clutch" characters, even though it has been shown they are more of a hit and miss thing (minus Sentinel's assist, talking more about Sentinel as XFC lvl3 comeback). Seeing so many Sentinels and Clockw0rk's Phoenix makes me sad. :(

Karsticles said:
Intense. How much of that offline time is Arcade Mode?

Maybe 15 minutes? I only beat it with Phoenix and Dormammu. Did one Event, that's it. The rest is Training and Mission Mode. I'm trying to do player matches right now, but there's soooooooooo much lag. I can barely move back and forth.

Dahbomb said:
ClakieD made me respect Tron. He did get my respect for Tron earlier but he leveled up Tron to one touch death every time WITH an unblockable set up. Seriously guy had mad combos/set ups with Tron and always like 4-5 meters on deck.

Tron is High tier. Fuck the haters. Although Clockw0rk pretty much shut down Tron with Amaterasu with those paper counters. Jump H got countered to hell with those papers floating around.

Its still sad all these really good and creative players still sticking to "clutch" characters, even though it has been shown they are more of a hit and miss thing (minus Sentinel's assist, talking more about Sentinel as XFC lvl3 comeback). Seeing so many Sentinels and Clockw0rk's Phoenix makes me sad. :(

I give clockwork a free pass. It was like that in MvC2 for him too. Take out Strider and he was free.

edit: I also dropped Viper... X-23 just fits me so much better. She's mash friendly. I like.

God's Beard said:
Maybe 15 minutes? I only beat it with Phoenix and Dormammu. Did one Event, that's it. The rest is Training and Mission Mode. I'm trying to do player matches right now, but there's soooooooooo much lag. I can barely move back and forth.

Yes! If there's one thing I complain all the time is the online. It's SSOO bad. Doesn't help that the game is fast paced so a good netcode was a must.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:

(

Jump H also wiffs on ammy completely, it's annoying as hell. Have to use j.S unless ammy is in the air.

I should start using shehulk unblockable setup too, I wouldn't attempt it before since I need her for my combos, but if I'm running with akuma now he can be used instead for the OTG->juggle.

Is it just me, or do characters with weird inputs make the game kinda relaxing? Something about C.Viper, Jill and Zero make the game seem slower, because you're pushing more buttons or more deliberately than other characters in less time.

Ferrio said:
Jump H also wiffs on ammy completely, it's annoying as hell. Have to use j.S unless ammy is in the air.

I should start using shehulk unblockable setup too, I wouldn't attempt it before since I need her for my combos, but if I'm running with akuma now he can be used instead for the OTG->juggle.

Hey Ferrio... Sorry I couldn't run some games. But to be completely fair, I waited for you for about 10 mins by myself and just asked Q. JUST when I started playing with him, you responded back :(

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
Hey Ferrio... Sorry I couldn't run some games. But to be completely fair, I waited for you for about 10 mins by myself and just asked Q. JUST when I started playing with him, you responded back :(

I was waiting for you a lot longer than 10 minutes..... even yelled on the forums for you!

Ferrio said:
I was waiting for you a lot longer than 10 minutes..... even yelled on the forums for you!

:(

Will you forgive me?

edit: Also, I'm nearing my full team after scrambling for about 1-2 months... I'm definite on X-23 and Deadpool... Thinking of Dante as my anchor for that weasel shot.

Grifter

Been training Dormammu to fight Phoenix and now I'm forced to ask myself - do I really want a gameplan focused on standing still?

Neki

Grifter said:
Been training Dormammu to fight Phoenix and now I'm forced to ask myself - do I really want a gameplan focused on standing still?
run storm + dorm + akuma, kill phoenix in the air, x-factor cancel the stun into dorm ball hyper, dhc into storm ice storm, dhc into akuma beam super, kill phoenix before she hits the ground? I wonder if that's possible, LOL.

LakeEarth

Ultimoo said:
run storm + dorm + akuma, kill phoenix in the air, x-factor cancel the stun into dorm ball hyper, dhc into storm ice storm, dhc into akuma beam super, kill phoenix before she hits the ground? I wonder if that's possible, LOL.
I know Zero level 1 XFC Zero level 1 DHC Sentinel energy ball super will kill Pheonix before she hits the ground.

Dahbomb

Man this week's WNF was HYPE. So many new characters and teams used. Captain Americas, Deadpools, MODOKs, Thors etc. Hell Thor mirrors and Captain America mirrors.

Every MARVEL character was used in this tournament except for Spider Man. This one dude had Chris/Storm/Dorm and had set ups where he was basically killing characters from block damage. I had a team like that too once, just replace Chris with Trish.

Neki

LakeEarth said:
I know Zero level 1 XFC Zero level 1 DHC Sentinel energy ball super will kill Pheonix before she hits the ground.
lol I just tested out my theory, and it totally works. just need to keep dorm and storm alive and x-factor cancel the stun and get a ball hyper before she hits the ground, then ice storm and she should die, so hilarious. ANTI PHOENIX TEAM. D:

mr. puppy

Banned
Dahbomb said:

this post pretty much explains why i love the she-hulk/dog/tron team so much haha. i'm sooooooooo bad at it though

Dahbomb

Her assist is godly broken. The range on some of her normals are broken. Her teleport dash is broken and you can make it "faster" by plinking the dashes (stuff like H~M+H). She can combo after landing her hypers which is also broken.

Yeah she has broken stuff but she is hella awkward to play, has some really tough combos (like combos involving the Gong are tough and not rewarding at all) and a very LAME style of play. She is supposed to be played super defensively and spamming Gongs all day long and abusing the range on her normals. You can try rushing down with the armor on but that's meter better used for other stuff.

She's a total gimmick character and that's why people will probably never respect her outside of that assist.

I just meant that her teleport dash sucks. I think it's impossible to pull that shit off with a pad. I keep trying to teleport behind someone I air combo for the tenrai ha+Chiretou combos that Shaowebb put up last night and it seems impossible.

The characters are in the process of getting up by the time I start the tenrai ha and it breaks the combo...
Dahbomb said:
Her assist is godly broken. The range on some of her normals are broken. Her teleport dash is broken and you can make it "faster" by plinking the dashes (stuff like H~M+H). She can combo after landing her hypers which is also broken.

Yeah she has broken stuff but she is hella awkward to play, has some really tough combos (like combos involving the Gong are tough and not rewarding at all) and a very LAME style of play. She is supposed to be played super defensively and spamming Gongs all day long and abusing the range on her normals. You can try rushing down with the armor on but that's meter better used for other stuff.

She's a total gimmick character and that's why people will probably never respect her outside of that assist.
ouch...

:'(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fun fact, Arthur can Xfactor cancel his Level 3 (and get the dmg boost on the entire hyper) this means he can kill every character in the game on a single wiffed attack from full screen.

BUT ARTHUR IS THE WORST CHARACTER RIGHT?

Ferrio

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Fun fact, Arthur can Xfactor cancel his Level 3 (and get the dmg boost on the entire hyper) this means he can kill every character in the game on a single wiffed attack from full screen.

BUT ARTHUR IS THE WORST CHARACTER RIGHT?

4 bars and x fac though. Not really worth it unless you really hate tron/sent/pheonix or something....

Prototype-03 said:
Haha, the character in your avatar is lame.

Dirtbag

God damn I'm getting so tired of fighting the same character type online.
So tired of the doggy dash combo with ammy, the wolverine air combo, and Zero's slow as fuck repetitive combo. I get bored blocking the zero combo sometimes, I just want it to end.

Ferrio said:

haha.gif

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarPowered said:
There is only one way to settle this...
You already lost.

Ferrio said:
4 bars and x fac though. Not really worth it unless you really hate tron/sent/pheonix or something....

Or you know they are down to their last character :p It's a full screen counter, works good vs xfactor desperation also

Ferrio

Banned
Dirtbag said:
God damn I'm getting so tired of fighting the same character type online.
So tired of the doggy dash combo with ammy, the wolverine air combo, and Zero's slow as fuck repetitive combo. I get bored blocking the zero combo sometimes, I just want it to end.

Pray you don't get caught up in tron's combo, you have to put down the controller and make a sandwich.

Finally got someone who doesn't lag or leave after 1 game in player match so I can learn how to play. He kept winning and playing me for a while, but then I started catching up and got a win streak and he quit before I could tie with him :-( At least play a FT10 in player match...

I learned that I hate Akuma's Tatsu. Even when I push block the second to last hit and jump away, it's always there :/

I also learned that Dr.Doom is really fun :-D

Looks like I'll be sticking with my recent team (Thor/Dormammu)/Sentinel/Doom for a while this time.

SENTINEEEELLAHGAGHAGHH linking them hypers
DOOOMABLABLAHGH blastin them polasmas
THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR thowin them haters

God's Beard said:
Finally got someone who doesn't lag or leave after 1 game in player match so I can learn how to play. He kept winning and playing me for a while, but then I started catching up and got a win streak and he quit before I could tie with him :-( At least play a FT10 in player match...

I learned that I hate Akuma's Tatsu. Even when I push block the second to last hit and jump away, it's always there :/

I also learned that Dr.Doom is really fun :-D

Looks like I'll be sticking with my recent team (Thor/Dormammu)/Sentinel/Doom for a while this time.

SENTINEEEELLAHGAGHAGHH linking them hypers
DOOOMABLABLAHGH blastin them polasmas
THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR thowin them haters
Are you on the 360? You must be pretty far off to get so much lag if that is the case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom