• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Anyone have a good suggestion for a third in a Spencer/Wesker team? I want to have a team that can DHC trick, but Spencer is the only character I like that has a a DHC trick starter hyper. Right now I'm using Haggar just cause I always use Haggar.

Also, since Spencer can't really put Wesker's low shot assist to good use (since Spencer can OTG by himself), are any of Wesker's other two assists worthwhile?

Ferrio

Banned
LakeEarth said:
Anyone have a good suggestion for a third in a Spencer/Wesker team? I want to have a team that can DHC trick, but Spencer is the only character I like that has a a DHC trick starter hyper. Right now I'm using Haggar just cause I always use Haggar.

Also, since Spencer can't really put Wesker's low shot assist to good use (since Spencer can OTG by himself), are any of Wesker's other two assists worthwhile?

Find someone who can follow up spencer for the trick and uses OTG assists?

I don't even know why I bothered with 80 hours of training mode. All you need to know is everything Sentinel does, does all the damage.

FOOT IN YOUR FACE
ROCKET PUNCH
HARD DRIIIIIIIIVE
FOOT BOOM TO THE MOON
FOOT IN YOUR FACE
HARD DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEE

MY NAME IS COMMANDER DOOM AND SPHERE FLAME
IS MY FAVORITE
HYPER COMBO
ON THE CITADEEEEEEEEEEEEL

SolarPowered said:
Are you on the 360? You must be pretty far off to get so much lag if that is the case...

PS3

Axis

Dahbomb said:
Her assist is godly broken. The range on some of her normals are broken. Her teleport dash is broken and you can make it "faster" by plinking the dashes (stuff like H~M+H). She can combo after landing her hypers which is also broken.

Yeah she has broken stuff but she is hella awkward to play, has some really tough combos (like combos involving the Gong are tough and not rewarding at all) and a very LAME style of play. She is supposed to be played super defensively and spamming Gongs all day long and abusing the range on her normals. You can try rushing down with the armor on but that's meter better used for other stuff.

She's a total gimmick character and that's why people will probably never respect her outside of that assist.

in my 1800+ matches...i've never played hsien ko defensively...i think she's a decent rushdown character the only thing she lacks is damage output without meter but even then it's not really a big deal if you can read their tech roll(or lack of) tendencies and you can xup with her j.s then she's really not that bad

i played her on point...unblockable setups after killing chars are fun D:

anyway, if anyone on 360 wants to play. GT: vexco

my FL is full so just send a message

Ferrio

Banned
God's Beard said:
I learned that I hate Akuma's Tatsu. Even when I push block the second to last hit and jump away, it's always there :/

Push block then hyper, well long as you have a hyper that can counter it.

JeTmAn81

You know what's weird, I don't think I've ever consciously used Advancing Guard in a game. I always think "Hey, you should use AG this time" and then the match starts and all thoughts go out of my head and I just act on instinct. I need to fix this.

Chozo

JeTmAn81 said:
You know what's weird, I don't think I've ever consciously used Advancing Guard in a game. I always think "Hey, you should use AG this time" and then the match starts and all thoughts go out of my head and I just act on instinct. I need to fix this.

If it makes you feel better, I do the same thing. Had a Chun-Li lock my Sentinel in the air with lightning legs for like 8 seconds straight and it never occurred to me that I could use advancing guard to get her off my ass.

Razor210

So I just beat a Mighty Lord's Dark Phoenix with Hulk. Right after DP activation - GAMMA CRUSH (with a gamma wave to finish it off)

Felt good :D

Good games earlier, SolarPowered.

I was wondering if somebody could give me some advice about routers.

I couldn't connect with him unless I plugged my 360 directly into my modem. Is there some kind of router options I should have enabled so that I can connect with most people (I know sometimes certain routers just can't connect no matter what).

Ferrio

Banned
ThatCrazyGuy said:

I couldn't connect with him unless I plugged my 360 directly into my modem. Is there some kind of router options I should have enabled so that I can connect with most people (I know sometimes certain routers just can't connect no matter what).

Either have to open up some ports, or put it in the DMZ.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
LakeEarth said:

I'm running Wesker/Spencer/Akuma. All can DHC into each other; Spencer to extend combos; and I use Akuma for his godly assist to get in; this team does so much damage.

Ferrio

Banned
One thing I *HATE* about akuma is the raging demon input.

Not that it's hard... just my hands are so trained to do the LP LP -> LK HP. So I end up doing L L -> S H on my stick. I have to think really hard to do the correct input.

Ferrio said:
One thing I *HATE* about akuma is the raging demon input.

Not that it's hard... just my hands are so trained to do the LP LP -> LK HP. So I end up doing L L -> S H on my stick. I have to think really hard to do the correct input.
It's so easy to do now, once you unlearn the old input. On a fightpad, you can literally slide your thumb across the top 3 buttons. On a stick you basically piano the buttons.

I'm getting better with Zero. I just find him to be a fun character, and he's one of the more visually interesting characters with his green sword going all over the place. Ever since watching this well-made combo video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8_eBK9ZGUg) I've been practicing the combos from that. I can do the 59 hit "loop combo" shown early in the video, although I don't have the link timings down perfect yet. I can also do a relaunch with Hyper Blaster -> Raikousen, although I haven't tried doing it in the same combo as the ground loop like they show in the video. This is all in practice mode. Also, moving your fingers from button to button while keeping your gun charging is pretty interesting.

I don't know who I should team Zero up with though. Right now I run Zero/Akuma/Hulk, but there isn't really much team synergy there. I would copy Marn but I don't want to learn Magneto right now. So, who knows. Any suggestions?

God's Beard said:
Storm/Zero/Doom
I don't know Storm or Doom very well. What makes that team good?

JeTmAn81 said:
Same here, although I haven't never done it, just almost never. It's just something I forget to do during a match.

ThatCrazyGuy said:

Likewise, I still would have won the first two matches if my family members had not been in and out of the room so much :p. Your game REALLY opened up after the third match or so. Sentinel is really hard to get in on when you can't tell if hidden missles or Lariat are coming.

The games were pretty smooth once your modem was plugged in. Hopefully you find a fix for the router.

jdub03

My confidence in this game has been somewhat renewed. I found out today chuns lightning legs eats shitty flow chart wolverines for breakfast. It stuffed his dive kick 90% of the time. I played a 4th lord who didnt know what to do once that was gone. Life is good. I also started incorporating some of clockworks air movement with ammaterasu. When you start doing that people have no idea what to do lol.

Ferrio said:
DHC trick (storm->zero), and doom's assist.
I haven't tried the DHC trick yet; it's probably a bit too advanced for me to build a team around it at this point. I don't even use regular DHCs very much in real matches yet.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
enzo_gt said:
I'm curious, do you guys build your teams around the DHC trick or what?

I do.. It's too damn good to pass up really if you have a character on your team that can utilize it.

DHC trick turns every character into Sentinel. But I use the DHC trick with sentinel. Where do the tortoises end????

Also, everyone add me on PSN: Gods_Beard
I fight people now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
haunts said:
I do.. It's too damn good to pass up really if you have a character on your team that can utilize it.
I run Zero/Iron/Skrull, can't really utilize it, but I mean, are people going ahead and physically chancing their team to do the DHC trick? I mean I'd use it if it already worked for my characters but I'm not changing who I play just for the trick.

Also, just a suggestion, you might wanna post links to the fight for relief donation page on the descriptions of those videos going up on iPlaywinner's YT, haunts. In case someone feels motivated to donate after seeing some ace mahvel.

Grecco

With my Zero/Amy/Wesker team the only way i can do it is air throw with amy into slow hyper into zeros clone hyper its kind of hard to do so i barely bother with it.

Grecco said:
With my Zero/Amy/Wesker team the only way i can do it is air throw with amy into slow hyper into zeros clone hyper its kind of hard to do so i barely bother with it.

You can't do it into Wesker and Low Shot?

rivals

Grecco said:

I think I'm missing something, is there any way to combo into an air throw? I assumed you couldn't but if you can't then starting the DHC glitch with Ammy throw into slow hyper just doesn't make sense to me.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
enzo_gt said:
This shit is so hype.

WHAT
DOO ITTT.

And that Dorm combo into chaotic flame is sick. Fuck it I'm learning Dorm. How long does Flame Carpet stay out?

yeah that shit blew my mind when i saw it live. haha.

Grecco

rivals said:
I think I'm missing something, is there any way to combo into an air throw? I assumed you couldn't but if you can't then starting the DHC glitch with Ammy throw into slow hyper just doesn't make sense to me.

the 2 hits from amateratsus air como count. You can start the DHC trick from throws.

USD

Results for this week's 8 on the Break, which wasn't streamed because of technical issues:

http://shoryuken.com/f6/8-break-weekly-102-a-270385/

1: MarlinPie (C. Viper, Magneto, Amaterasu)
2: Josh Wong (Dante, Wesker, Felicia)
3: Chris G (Amaterasu, Ryu, Wesker)

Kyohei got knocked out of the MvC tourney at GC14 pretty early, but he's still godlike. Sucks that Jaxel's PC broke, would have loved to watch this.

shaowebb

Dirtbag said:
God damn I'm getting so tired of fighting the same character type online.
So tired of the doggy dash combo with ammy, the wolverine air combo, and Zero's slow as fuck repetitive combo. I get bored blocking the zero combo sometimes, I just want it to end.

Just hit some buttons during block and push block that Zero shit outta there if you're already blocking them.

Also to my people who have trouble on inputs I strongly recommend getting a stick. I got 2 and they make playing cramp free and WAY faster. Imagine how fast you can type...thats how fast you can combo. I takes a bit to get the inputs down if you've never played stick but about a day or so and you're golden.

Here's a few links to cheapy ones.

I think this one is a PS3 one with some sorta wii description by mistake for $38

Pretty decent $90 hori stick for 360

Aw yeah. Here comes that cheap 360 stuff. Tekken 6 wireless hori stick for $52

The $85 madcatz arcade stick from sfIV. I modded mine into my My Little Pony Stick. Lots of Gamestops still have these around for about $40-$50

I dont know shit about this stick except it's $49

Stick for under $30 wtf...can't guarantee a thing about this thing

The Hori Fightstick arcade for PS3 for $34

Hori fightstick ex2 for 360. $40 but you can probably find this 6 button for less

Universal Arcade stick for PC, PS3,PS2 for around $34. Fun to mod

For shits the 40th edition SFIV Comiccon signed TE Stick for $500. Yeah it makes no sense but It's awesome to see one.

Know this about sticks. They are generally easier to customize if their madcatz and always try to find out if your stick uses sanwa denshi parts because those are awesome and give fast input speeds since they are low profile arcade cabinet buttons. If your stick feels tight see if you have a square shaped restricter plate on it. If so buy an octagonal and enjoy all that room.

Most folks generally start on the Madcatz SFIV arcade stick since it had great buttons and generally the stick was alright. These sticks run around $50 in store and near that or below online. TE sticks are the shit, dont slide, and always have sweet buttons and parts and are generally easier to mod than other sticks.

Unless their HORI. They make great stuff but you gotta resauder the wires to your buttons if you want to buy custom button colors where with madcatz they are simply plugs you slide onto your clip on/screw on buttons.

You could be guessworking a stick mode with the Madcatz and do it in under 30 minutes properly. It's retard simple.

Wireless sticks I haven't used, but I hear the are sketchy so make your own call.

Just thought I'd post these for you guys in hopes some of your controller jockies make the investment and find yourself something decent to play on that doesn't put you at an immediate speed handicap against a lot of stick players. I'm not even joking...your inputs get WAY faster when you start using a stick.

I like my layout of L/M/H/Team Hyper on top and S/Assist 1/Assist 2/Dash on bottom row but set your scheme up however you like. Lots of guys program a layout for X-factor on tap and some guys dont go for my top row layout even though it turns a quick drum of the fingers into a basic combo for most in this game.

Have fun guys, and I hope someone goes for one of these. Stick to Madcatz/Hori if you can since they are pretty tried and true and since they allow for a lot of "pimp my stick" fun.

rivals

Grecco said:
the 2 hits from amateratsus air como count. You can start the DHC trick from throws.

Right I guess I just don't see the point in doing the DHC trick after only 2 hits. Is the damage scaling that significant?

El Sloth said:
I think the one they're talking about is the air throw into 2 Destruction 1 Creation spell(OTG) xx Chaotic Flame

Oh yeah the volcano is godlike. Jump cancel that shit off a launcher and you get a free hundred K or two and extra hits before your air combo. Dorm does a shit ton of damage if you stock that bitch up. Hell, I even use the liberation assist.

rivals

Grecco said:

Damn, thanks for that, I kinda wrote it off from that perspective thinking it wouldn't be useful after only two hits but it looks like I was wrong. I haven't played much at all (probably less than 10 hours, I picked Super back up right when this game came out so that's been my focus lately) but I guess I'll take this into consideration more when Finalizing my team. The only thing I've settled on so far is Ammy (Cold Star, almost definitely on point) and Dorm (anything that helps, almost definitely in the middle). I've been fooling around with Dante as anchor as he's only of the only characters I have combos with but I may change this all up now. Maybe switch Dorm to point or anchor and throw someone good for glitch after Ammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom