• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
I think so... Although everyone's been beating me down lately 'cause of my stubbornness to keep viper. But I'm dropping her. No more retarded half combos.

This was like bad beatdowns, near perfect type ones at times :(

Ferrio

Banned
God's Beard said:
Who does he use with MODOK?

I have a MODOK/Thor/Deadpool team, but I haven't put much work into it.

Wesker and Tron.

His modok is beyond good. Wesker was damn impressive too.

He'd use tron assist along with zoning to annoy me.If I got close he'd use modok's instant over heads and crazy low shenigans along with tron to open me up. Then he'd combo me forever, and he used wesker's asisst where he does some sorta air kick to extend the combo.

Dahbomb

Oldschoolgamer said:
What do you do against an Angry Hulk in your face? As long as I'm full to midscreen I'm good, but up close....man...
Don't press a button, don't advance guard until the very last hit and block as required. They will normally do one of his slow ass normals and you can easily punish that shit.

Unless he grabs you in LVL3 XFC then you might be fucked. I am pretty sure if you get grabbed by Hulk LVL3 that alone will do like half damage.

Hulk just loves it when people press buttons because then he gets to kill you. Also don't use random hypers, he can Gamma Crush.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Holy shit Super-Skrull is fun as hell, time to rape everyone with him later :D

edit: Psh who blocks in marvel YOU GUYS GIVE BAD ADVICE EVERYONE WHO'S GOOD JUST MASHES SHIT AND EATS DAMAGE ALL DAY. BLOCKING IS CHEAP AND BORING.

Grecco

Oldschoolgamer said:
What do you do against an Angry Hulk in your face? As long as I'm full to midscreen I'm good, but up close....man...

you always have to learn his range. always always try to be out of it and punish,? Close try to hyper combo or super jump and run away.

Oldschoolgamer said:

In my experience using Hulk, I could tell you what they're going for:

They're going to want to use j.S and abuse its armor and try to cross you up with it if you're crouching. Then they would mix up j.H (soul clap), then bait you into pressing a button so they can j.H on the way down.

Be sure to pushblock or else you'll eat a command grab -> gamma tsunami.

Be aware of the AA gamma charge (up) into downward aerial gamma charge (45 deg angle towards you). This is a good combo starter for Hulks too.

Dahbomb

QisTopTier said:
Holy shit Super-Skrull is fun as hell, time to rape everyone with him later :D
Super Skrull + Sentinel Drone = Top tier

Sent makes Skrull's shit safe and he needs it. Also j. charged H crosses up if you do it right and you can use it to start off a combo with dash, d+H.

d+H in air so good. After an air magic series, you can wait a bit after the S then do d+H from the air and then dash up for a relaunch. You can keep doing this a couple times and bring the opponent close to the corner (like S, d+H, dash, S, j.S, d+H repeat) into hyper and then he has a ton of reset potential.

Skrull is scary because he has insane reset game off of his huge range command throws. He also shuts down zoners because of teleport which easily hit confirms into any of his hypers.

Skrull was the first character I played with in this game and I used Sentinel with him because I was a Sentinel scrub once too. Once I learned to control my inputs and not SPAM TENDERIZER accidentally, I got pretty solid with Skrull.

He has huge range on his normal throws and can do great damage off of them too. His Tenderizer assist is good too. A character a lot of people are sleeping on, I have only seen IGT use him well enough on WNF but he fishes for Teleport -> Hypers too much. Also I don't like Doom as 3rd on that team, Drones are enough Skrull doesn't need Hidden Missiles too although there is even more reset potential and set ups with that assist.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I block...

kevo_huevo said:
In my experience using Hulk, I could tell you what they're going for:

They're going to want to use j.S and abuse its armor and try to cross you up with it if you're crouching. Then they would mix up j.H (soul clap), then bait you into pressing a button so they can j.H on the way down.

Be sure to pushblock or else you'll eat a command grab -> gamma tsunami.

Be aware of the AA gamma charge (up) into downward aerial gamma charge (45 deg angle towards you). This is a good combo starter for Hulks too.

This is exactly what's been happening. :| I'll keep it in mind, thanks. I've been caught with the command grab, so I guess advance guarding more is in order. Do they have to to charge Gamma Charge or is it a regular qcf move?

Dahbomb

LOL too good for me. Deadpool nice choice because he already benefits from Sent drones.

God damn, why does one of the best assists in the game have to be attached to such a lame character? Not only that but he is the ONLY one who has access to something like that. We need more screen filler assists in MVC3.

Oldschoolgamer said:
I block...

This is exactly what's been happening. :| I'll keep it in mind, thanks. I've been caught with the command grab, so I guess advance guarding more is in order. Do they have to to charge Gamma Charge or is it a regular qcf move?

Gamma charge (forward) is qcf. Gamma charge (up) is dp.

I think you have it confused with gamma wave (hurls rocks at you projectile), which is the charge move.

Oldschoolgamer said:
Gamma Charge is a qcf move. Wave is the charge move this time around.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
kevo_huevo said:
Gamma charge (forward) is qcf. Gamma charge (up) is dp.

I think you have it confused with gamma wave (hurls rocks at you projectile), which is the charge move.

I have never even touched Hulk. lol. I know the move though. I was wondering if you could read if they had charge stored, something like how you can tell when a Guile player has one ready. Which, doesn't matter cause it's a qcf. lol

BadWolf

Not sure if its okay to post stuff like this in OTs (let me know if it isn't and I'll remove it) but just finished some Hsien-Ko fanart and wanted to share:

Hsien-KoFinish.gif

Axis

<3 hsien ko.

jojo's is awesome...if you play a non-passive assist char unlike me...mariah for life, fool

Dahbomb

Man I am going to sleep. The Internets have let me down greatly, no leaks from Capcom's Captivate at all. :(

Strider working fucking overtime, he wants that MVC3 DLC spot so bad...

Axis said:
<3 hsien ko.

jojo's is awesome...if you play a non-passive assist char unlike me...mariah for life, fool

Power Girl cleavage window FTW

Dahbomb said:
Man I am going to sleep. The Internets have let me down greatly, no leaks from Capcom's Captivate at all. :(

Strider working fucking overtime, he wants that MVC3 DLC spot so bad...

Ibuki/Maki or bust.

Edit:

Ferrio said:
I'd love to see Maki in a game again, but she's not really suited for this game. Loud mouth bitch characters are awesome, she's one of the few (only?) in a fighting game I can think of.

Not suited? What the hell kinda bitchass attitude is that?! THIS IS MARVHEL BABY ANYTHING GOES AND EVERYTHING DOES THIS PARTY IS OPEN TO EVERRRRYWWAAAAAAN1!1111!!111

Ferrio

Banned
Ogrekiller said:
Power Girl cleavage window FTW

Ibuki/Maki or bust.

I'd love to see Maki in a game again, but she's not really suited for this game. Loud mouth bitch characters are awesome, she's one of the few (only?) in a fighting game I can think of.

BadWolf said:
Not sure if its okay to post stuff like this in OTs (let me know if it isn't and I'll remove it) but just finished some Hsien-Ko fanart and wanted to share:

You are now my favorite junior member!

<3

Axis

God's Beard said:
Ok, Magneto/C.Viper actually works really well. One of the few times I can think of where C.Viper doesn't do bad sitting on anchor.

viper/mags/ammy all day!

Solune

God's Beard said:
Ok, Magneto/C.Viper actually works really well. One of the few times I can think of where C.Viper doesn't do bad sitting on anchor.
Marlinpie has shown us the devastation. And I know Cold Star works well with most characters for lock down but Seismo + Cold Star is absolutely brutal.

Dahbomb said:
Skrull was the first character I played with in this game and I used Sentinel with him because I was a Sentinel scrub once too. Once I learned to control my inputs and not SPAM TENDERIZER accidentally, I got pretty solid with Skrull.

I'm having problems with this, except with Chun-Li's lightning legs instead. I keep trying to do combos and Hyakuretsu keeps coming out when I don't want it to. Oh well, practice practice practice. I'm starting to do much better against people in my same skill set range. I'm getting pretty wicked with Zero.

Also holy crap, I messed around with Tron for a little bit and I really like her play-style. There are so many good characters in this game it's hard to choose just one.

Ferrio

Banned
RS4- said:
Lol stopped some guy who had 290+ wins in a row and all I got from him was yelling and bitching.

Sounds like a disconnecter. Did the game come really close at the end or something?

jdub03

God's Beard said:
eww. that's a bad config.

Mags/Sent/Viper

I'm thinking about adding C. viper to my chun ammy team. They all have low health but the rush down execution heavy play style fits me. I'm hoping I can get used to the jump cancel combos. I think I can though since I spent some time learning dantes' bold cancel combos.

haunts said:
from irc. lmao

Daily sodium intake[IMG] [/QUOTE]

I hope they get good at this. I think they're going to stop playing. With every episode the sodium levels keep rising.

RS4-

Ferrio said:
Sounds like a disconnecter. Did the game come really close at the end or something?
Nope not close lol. First game was close and I lost, next game I run into him again in ranked and he got set on fire by carpets and chaotic lame.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
jdub03 said:
I hope they get good at this. I think they're going to stop playing. With every episode the sodium levels keep rising.

i dunno, i personally find it impossible to play well online no matter how good you are

jdub03

God's Beard said:
C.Viper's cancels are waaaaaaaay harder than Dante's.

Yeah I figured they were. I can do a couple seismos in a row. I haven't tried any actual combos involving her cancels though. I'm reading through the guide now to see what she can actually do. I think I'll give her a try. She seems like a better version of chun-li.

haunts said:
i dunno, i personally find it impossible to play well online no matter how good you are

I'm just hoping they don't decide to drop marvel and pick up another game for the adventures series.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
jdub03 said:
Gootecks is right when he says it, he's actually not that bad. In actual tourneys he goes beast mode with his Dorm.

El Sloth

Banned
jdub03 said:
I'm just hoping they don't decide to drop marvel and pick up another game for the adventures series.
Personally I wouldn't mind it if they went back to Excellent Adventures. Which might happen anyways when the AE DLC drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom