• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub03

El Sloth said:
Personally I wouldn't mind it if they went back to Excellent Adventures. Which might happen anyways when the AE DLC drops.

Actually AE adventures would be nice. I think by then I'll need a break from marvel.

LakeEarth

El Sloth said:
Personally I wouldn't mind it if they went back to Excellent Adventures. Which might happen anyways when the AE DLC drops.
Yeah, its just not as fun with Marvel. It is getting depressing, and neither of them can talk when they're playing. In SSFIV they were joking around mid-match. So I'm voting for the return of Excellent Adventures.

dankir

OMG HOW DID THEY LOSE THAT MATCH IN EPISODE 9 TO THE SINGLE HULK?? lol what a fail Mike Ross LOL!!@!@

edit: Omg IM PLAYING GOOTECKS LOL!

shaowebb

Quick question Beard. When you did Jill+ Spencer and used wire grapple assist did you wait for Spencer to finish reeling them in?

I used to do that and it doesn't work in this game. Apparently they set his grapple up differently than Tekkaman's lariat assist in TVC which is not what I expected.

If it finishes reeling them in they hit ground and you get nothing unless you use like Sentinel's Rocket Punch or Wesker's low shot or something. To use it for anything other than a ground pickup move you got to strike them once they are in range BEFORE he is done pulling them in.

I used to whif pipes galore waiting for them to finish getting pulled in, but once I shot it out early almost the moment they started flying toward me I started smacking them outta wire grapple into his stuff.

Axis

jdub03 said:
Yeah I figured they were. I can do a couple seismos in a row. I haven't tried any actual combos involving her cancels though. I'm reading through the guide now to see what she can actually do. I think I'll give her a try. She seems like a better version of chun-li.

easiest way i've found to seismo chain(i can do up to 12 but generally fuck up around 5) is dp+whatever strength(hold forward) df, f, uf+whatever strength. if you have trouble with that one try to go QCF, uf+button after holding forward...it's really lenient but the timing is tight for more than 2. always be sure to hold forward after each one, tho

JeTmAn81

dankir said:
OMG HOW DID THEY LOSE THAT MATCH IN EPISODE 9 TO THE SINGLE HULK?? lol what a fail Mike Ross LOL!!@!@

It looked like a loss of confidence to me. He had the game in the bag, but he started to panic when he realized he was about to beat a Master Lord. I think in those situations you have to stick to your plan of attack just like you would at any other time. Make smart choices, and eliminate your opponent.

jdub03

Axis said:
easiest way i've found to seismo chain(i can do up to 12 but generally fuck up around 5) is dp+whatever strength(hold forward) df, f, uf+whatever strength. if you have trouble with that one try to go QCF, uf+button after holding forward...it's really lenient but the timing is tight for more than 2. always be sure to hold forward after each one, tho

What I tried was doing dp +atk then I'd do dp hold uf + atk. I'll try your way though and see if it makes it easier. For the third one after doing "dp+whatever strength(hold forward) df, f, uf+whatever strength" do I just keep doing (hold forward) df, f, uf+whatever strength.

Axis

jdub03 said:
What I tried was doing dp +atk then I'd do dp hold uf + atk. I'll try your way though and see if it makes it easier. For the third one after doing "dp+whatever strength(hold forward) df, f, uf+whatever strength" do I just keep doing (hold forward) df, f, uf+whatever strength.

it always feels like i'm doing this

dp+a(hold forward), qcf, uf+a(hold forward), qcf, uf+a(hold forward) however many times you'd like...in training get full screen away and just try to chain whiffed seismos until you get the timing down...i'm sure there's other ways but this has been the easiest way for me to get it down and to apply it to my viper game

your way works, for sure...i just think there's more room to fuck up there(at worst if you're doing it the way i said you may get a light tk which you can feint to stay safe.

also random viper contribution...if they're blocking try A B C light TK feint(let the tk move you forward before you feint) and you're in perfect throwing position to set up the box dash loop

jdub03

Axis said:
it always feels like i'm doing this

dp+a(hold forward), qcf, uf+a(hold forward), qcf, uf+a(hold forward) however many times you'd like...in training get full screen away and just try to chain whiffed seismos until you get the timing down...i'm sure there's other ways but this has been the easiest way for me to get it down and to apply it to my viper game

your way works, for sure...i just think there's more room to fuck up there(at worst if you're doing it the way i said you may get a light tk which you can feint to stay safe.

also random viper contribution...if they're blocking try A B C light TK feint(let the tk move you forward before you feint) and you're in perfect throwing position to set up the box dash loop

Thanks. This should help me get atleast 5 or 6 consistently. I think your right about fucking it up with my method. I usually mess up after the third seismo.

Axis

jdub03 said:
Thanks. This should help me get atleast 5 or 6 consistently. I think your right about fucking it up with my method. I usually mess up after the third seismo.

no problem, we played some in super(i remember your ibuki fool!) i think you're still on my friends list so we should play sometime

USD

Just got around to Marvelous Adventures.

That loss to Hulk followed by the head-in-hands immediately after was the greatest moment in all of Marvelous Adventures.

hulkisthebesty7p5.gif

takingbackthe10037te.gif

gothgirls07fd.gif

sicktomystomachk74r.gif

Marvelous Adventures is a goddamn life crisis.

jdub03

Axis said:
no problem, we played some in super(i remember your ibuki fool!) i think you're still on my friends list so we should play sometime

Ha ha. Yeah you are on my friends list. I won't be on tonight but tomorrow if you're on we'll play. I need to stop leveling up teams in ranked and start playing player matches. I rank up and down every other day. Ranked makes me extra salty anyway. I don't know why I even bother.

Axis

jdub03 said:
Ha ha. Yeah you are on my friends list. I won't be on tonight but tomorrow if you're on we'll play. I need to stop leveling up teams in ranked and start playing player matches. I rank up and down every other day. Ranked makes me extra salty anyway. I don't know why I even bother.

i've played like 10 ranked games...i generally just play player matches(2-3 player lobbies) with people on my friends list...gets me used to certain chars and no random lag!

USD said:
Just got around to Marvelous Adventures.

That loss to Hulk followed by the head-in-hands immediately after was the greatest moment in all of Marvelous Adventures.

Marvelous Adventures is a goddamn life crisis.
Gootecks trying to not just laugh in Mike's face after that Hulk loss was too funny. This episode was hilarious, but I think they might need to go back to Super just so they don't become suicidal.

hitsugi

it's amazing how fast time goes by in the lab... start practicing mag/wesker/ammy variations and before you know it - 2 hours have passed you by x.x

Toski

I missed the boat on Mike Ross and goth girls aside from stream monster chatter, but can anyone tell me what happened with Ross?

jdub03

Axis said:
i've played like 10 ranked games...i generally just play player matches(2-3 player lobbies) with people on my friends list...gets me used to certain chars and no random lag!

Yeah I get at-least 10 seconds of lag in every match. It's horrible. I'll probably retire from ranked pretty soon.

Toski

Alucrid said:
I think he dated a goth girl once.
And how did that turn out? Reading the youtube comments it seems like the relationship went to drama-ville. I was hoping it was something more hilarious like some goth fetish or something.

jdub03

dralla said:
eh it's not hard to deal with when he's doing it full screen and no assist backing him up.

Yeah I didn't realize you could just push block and punish with normal moves though.

Zissou said:
Mike Ross needs to spend more time in the lab. He's like Bizarro God's Beard.

Speaking of which, I've found some bizzare Thor links today that cause INSANE damage scaling at the beginning of the combo :D
I'm pretty sure nobody's found these before, of if they have, completely abandoned them for being too fucking stylish to handle.

H xx Mighty Spark M, 2M xx Mighty Smash M, 2HS, jM xx Flight
Forward Throw, 2H xx Mighty Spark L XFC H xx Mighty Smash M, 2HS, jM xx Flight

The GOD COMBO:

H XFC jMH xx Air Mighty Strike M, H xx Mighty Smash M, 2HS, jM xx Flight

Who knew Thor had relaunch combos? This is my proudest achievement. Over a million damage for a combo that's only practical after the DHC glitch! Yay for overkill!

Wait a fucking second. I just came up with a bunch of new Thor combo ideas with hyper grav assist.

edit: I think I can get 5 stand Hs in a combo. Theoretically, it should work, but Mighty Spark causes a lot of hitstun decay and it'll mean 2 1-frame links. Hmm...

I think my ultimate goal is for my final team to be Jill(Arrow Kick)/Thor(Mighty Spark)/Doom(Missiles). Until then, I'll mess around with all the characters I have been up until now, but I think that it's a really strong team with a lot of juice. The fact that it's set up for the DHC trick, has the fastest character and the character with the most health really helps. Plus, Thor gets a 190% damage boost with only lvl 2 x-factor, which is more than a lot of characters' lvl 3. It's even more than Hulk gets with lvl 2.

Threi

notag
so, arial exchange.

Does it having a 25% chance of it being teched justify you getting meter from it (well 33% chance if you actually choose a direction that gains meter)?

I mean in TvC the input motion was harder (required qcf + p), it was much harder to get the initial hit in (the character entered at the height you were at prior, as opposed to the height the opponent is at), and cost you a bar.

I can understand it being more lenient than in TvC, but did you have to gain meter from it? What's the point?

Razor210

Threi said:
so, arial exchange.

Does it having a 25% chance of it being teched justify you getting meter from it (well 33% chance if you actually choose a direction that gains meter)?

I mean in TvC the input motion was harder (required qcf + p), it was much harder to get the initial hit in (the character entered at the height you were at prior, as opposed to the height the opponent is at), and cost you a bar.

I can understand it being more lenient than in TvC, but did you have to gain meter from it? What's the point?
It infuriates me to see someone start a combo and simply start mashing X and random directions to get free meter - and that the odds are in their favour that it actually succeeds.

Threi said:
so, arial exchange.

To balance out the fact you can't build meter by whiffing moves ala TvC/MvC2/SF

Razor210

Not sure if anyone found this out before - if Dante does a teleport, and does any normal aerial move (that overhead smash, j.H, etc etc) and you happen to be playing Trish and have a electric trap in the air, Dante's move will go right through the trap, nullifying it...and then pass through you without hitting you. So no overhead worries there...

...and you should be able to beat out his normals on the ground. I was stunned.

And most likely, if he does anything else, he'll end up stuck in the trap.

Threi said:
so, arial exchange.

I actually didn't realize until I read the guide. You actually have a 33% chance of teching overall and a 50% chance to tech meter gaining exchanges. Both sideways directions actually count as one exchange / counter type. So you only have up, sideways and down as counter options. Mash left and S will counter right and S air exchange.

Anth0ny

dankir said:

LOL I'm watching that now... I feel his pain =(

Degen

oh, taskmaster

throw into legion arrow

aim master into legion arrow

counter-hyper (aegis counter?) into legion arrow

spontaneous combo into legion arrow

unblockable sword master followup into legion arrow

Is it just me, or do Aim Master's three arrows do ridiculous damage for a projectile?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Toski said:
And how did that turn out? Reading the youtube comments it seems like the relationship went to drama-ville. I was hoping it was something more hilarious like some goth fetish or something.

He dated Starslay3r, who is the #1 TOP ALL AROUND FEMALE PRO GAMER. I don't know the details but apparently it went south and they hate each other now.

Latest episode of Marvelous Adventures was amazing. I disagree with people who say they like the happy times of Excellent Adventures. Seeing Gootecks and Ross so miserable with the game is primetime viewing.

Solune

Degen said:
oh, taskmaster

throw into legion arrow

aim master into legion arrow

counter-hyper (aegis counter?) into legion arrow

spontaneous combo into legion arrow

unblockable sword master followup into legion arrow

Is it just me, or do Aim Master's three arrows do ridiculous damage for a projectile?
Even the chip damage is huge. He's seriously one of the best all around characters with the likes of Magneto who can play keepaway and rushdown.

TheFightingFish said:
I actually didn't realize until I read the guide. You actually have a 33% chance of teching overall and a 50% chance to tech meter gaining exchanges. Both sideways directions actually count as one exchange / counter type. So you only have up, sideways and down as counter options. Mash left and S will counter right and S air exchange.
Mind blown.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do normals even do any chip in this game, or is it specific normals, or most just do a miniscule amount of chip? A friend complained and I didn't really take notice.

enzo_gt said:
Do normals even do any chip in this game, or is it specific normals, or most just do a miniscule amount of chip? A friend complained and I didn't really take notice.
nope, that's more of a Mortal Kombat thing

enzo_gt said:

Only specific normals do chip.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
nope, that's more of a Mortal Kombat thing
D:

this changes EVERYTHING. Well I was wondering though cause normals chip in SF too. But yeah MvC3 is incomparable really, mechanics-wise.

EDIT: Ah, thanks for clarification Ogre, I guess that includes stuff like the spits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom