• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
_dementia said:

If he wanted to get some footage of him hitting that glitch in some real matches, then that's cool. But acting all like "lol look at these rage quitters!" is pretty fucking stupid when they quit because you hit them with a game-breaking glitch. Especially when that glitch makes you wait like 60 Marvel seconds for the match to end. If a random dude hits me with that shit I'd probably quit unless there wasn't much time left on the clock. Though I probably wouldn't waste my time sending angry messages.

I really need to level up my Iron Man and X-23, but IM especially. Watching Flash play him makes me feel really bad about mine :p

All my time's been poured into buffing my Spider-Man, but I need to get some more balance...

hitsugi

Lost Fragment said:
If he wanted to get some footage of him hitting that glitch in some real matches, then that's cool. But acting all like "lol look at these rage quitters!" is pretty fucking stupid when they quit because you hit them with a game-breaking glitch. Especially when that glitch makes you wait like 60 Marvel seconds for the match to end. If a random dude hits me with that shit I'd probably quit unless there wasn't much time left on the clock. Though I probably wouldn't waste my time sending angry messages.

yeah the whole attitude behind it is a little strange, and to expect someone to just sit there until time runs out and defaults a win is also... well that isn't strange; that's flat out stupid.

hence, he didn't expect people to, but calling them on it is pretty childish. this is the equivalent of hitting someone with the gambit glitch in MVC2 and expecting them to hang around. OH WAIT.. they'd be right next to you and you'd probably be in trouble. Although I personally never ran into issues myself with the few times I did that one.

someone once hit me with the gambit glitch at 89 wins or so back in the mvc2 days.. head to head cab.. he just did it because he was mad and left; still lost.

Dirtbag

QisTopTier said:
Cry some more if people are losing to phoenix that's to damn bad
How is it fun to watch somebody jump around with wesker pistol shots to build 5 meters, then jump around some more with phoenix fireballs and teleports. A few rounds it was entertaining but it's really boring to watch

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dirtbag said:
How is it fun to watch somebody jump around with wesker pistol shots to build 5 meters, then jump around some more with phoenix fireballs and teleports. A few rounds it was entertaining but it's really boring to watch
And this is why you suck
also the thing with haggar LOL

QisTopTier said:
Was bored so I started messing with cap'n today, this was the best I could come up with just messing in training, easy to start and do though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df97dJvqXzk

Kinda funny how it does 500k even before you do a super xD

sticking this on this page for the hell of it.

shaowebb

USD said:
?

Flash's Jill is pretty solid.

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking. Flash Metroids Jill looks solid enough that I would just go full keep away to try and keep her out so she couldn't get her stuff started. Screw dealing with that.

However that Ironman looked pretty fightable to me. I don't know what he was thinking throwing around those launchers at all those times. You can't launch unless they're overhead, jump in or point blank with Ironman so why throw it?

Jill arrow kick assist looks like a pretty solid way to setup Iron man though. Should pull them right into repulsor blast combos or smartbomb antics.

shaowebb

Nose Master said:
Yeah, but for all that work he's doing he gets maybe... 300k damage per combo?

So? He keeps hitting them, and they can't really seem to stop it so its working. He'll likely work at making his combos go longer or extend them into DHC for more damage at some point, but so long as he has a character who can frequently lock down any member of your team into combo he has a threat. Especially if she ever uses X factor , does the combo and finishes it with a hyper.

Don't knock it if it works. Zero players don't do much, but they still threaten people by staying hard to stop. Sure Jill is different in that she has to be more careful since feral crouch is a risk if you go into it at the wrong time but thats why she was given all the ground and wall bounce stuff to keep her safe during combos if she's worried she'll hit a point where she might drop it. She just cuts it short goes into a move with bounce and picks it back up.

shaowebb

God's Beard said:
She can do a LOT more than that, then DHC trick.

Pretty much. So long as he knows how to get her started on people as good as he is doing now, Flash Metroid is off to making that Jill into something big. Anyone can find ways to do more damage either by learning to use assists for combo extension, learning better combos, or simply by using DHC trick like Zero does a lot.

Maybe he should put himself a wesker in front to dhc trick in Jill who could then low shot extend her combos for her afterwards until the next round of DHC.

shaowebb said:
Pretty much. So long as he knows how to get her started on people as good as he is doing now, Flash Metroid is off to making that Jill into something big. Anyone can find ways to do more damage either by learning to use assists for combo extension, learning better combos, or simply by using DHC trick like Zero does a lot.

Maybe he should put himself a wesker in front to dhc trick in Jill who could then low shot extend her combos for her afterwards until the next round of DHC.

Yea the only thing she really lacks is a good otg move. Machine gun spray is alright, but fallen prey can't be comboed off on and does a paltry 98k? Cmon make it 150k like Chris' magnum if you're gonna make it a combo ender.

As soon as I view the option-select stream the first thing I see is....

uFO7D.jpg

We get it man! lol

This is probably common knowledge at this point, but here's a little trap I found with phoenix:

H xx 6H xx TK Trap M, walk up throw.

It keeps them from wanting to move, and if you forward throw, they land on the trap and you can combo right into H, which is slightly better than the normal OTG combo after the throw. It's not foolproof since you're at like -15, but it could be useful as a gimmick in the corner.

Edit: Maybe that combo I made earlier isn't so useless after all. 6H xx flight, air L is a frame trap and flight takes you to the perfect height for the starter, so you can probably get something with that.

Ogrekiller said:
Yea the only thing she really lacks is a good otg move. Machine gun spray is alright, but fallen prey can't be comboed off on and does a paltry 98k? Cmon make it 150k like Chris' magnum if you're gonna make it a combo ender.

She doesn't really need it because you don't really use hard knockdowns in her combos unless you want to max out without using a wall/ground bounce. That said, you can combo off of fallen prey with assists...

shaowebb said:

Actually Jill starts the DHC trick, so he could put pretty much anybody behind her.

the only dlc characters i want for this game are vergil and chibiterasu from okamiden.

Okamidenchibiterasu.jpg

chibi would be broken because his hitbox would be so small but hes so adorable

USD

Option-Select still going. Dark Hokage just got trolled hard by taunt → X-Factor cancel → Aegis Counter.

smurfx

get some go again
dammit all i am so close to 5th lord but yet it seems so far away. i'll probably get it tomorrow but holy hell has it been tough getting there. wonder how many weeks it will take me to get to 4th lord.

God's Beard said:
She doesn't really need it because you don't really use hard knockdowns in her combos unless you want to max out without using a wall/ground bounce. That said, you can combo off of fallen prey with assists...

True and I'm grateful she got one at all, unlike Trish/Chun-Li/Cap/Parker. However the truth is that OTG capable moves are pretty much the most desired property in a move right now due to the fact that there are so many unrecoverable knockdowns in this game, and they can be used as many times as you want in a combo, unlike ground/wall bounces. Having crappy OTG moves doesn't quite condemn a character to Rolltier, but it does cripple them somewhat. Not being able to do much after an air throw is a pretty big disadvantage in my book. And the fact that there are only so many OTG capable assists, and characters like Cap and Parker are downright crippled when paired up with certain characters. Trish and Chun are saved from this because their combos are mainly aerial based and lack of an OTG doen't really affect their gameplan. Still seeing a Chun throw someone and standing there because she has no OTG assist or move is jarring, especially knowing that Storm can fucking DHC glitch from a throw and can outright kill a character.

With a good OTG move, you can call almost any assist and combo off of that. With a great OTG move you can continue the combo after that by yourself. No OTG move and you're forced to rely on a OTG capable assist, of which there are limited numbers of. Honestly, Wesker, and Dante wouldn't be so feared if they lost the OTG property on Samurai Edge/Volcano/Wild Stomp.

Some characters of course do well without OTG moves. Chun and Trish are examples. However their gameplan is different. Chun is more aerial based, and Trish is more keepaway and aerial. Hopscotch and Peekaboo help with that. As for Chun, most of her moves keep her opponent slightly airborne and her super launches, so not having an OTG move doesn't hurt too bad as well. Storm's fucking awesome OTGs make up for the fact she has no OTG specials or normals. Magneto had one of the best OTG level 3s in the game, and his gameplan also keeps his opponent in the air while he ROMs you to death.

But then we get to Cap/Parker/Joe/Leilei and you can see the lack of a good OTG normal/special really hurts them.

I fought twenty matches on ranked mode tonight on the 360 and the experience seems to be a lot smoother than before. The sentinel use is also drastically reduced and only the tough ones are left.

It was a pretty good night and I got to see how much I've grown since the time I vowed never to play ranked again :p. Hulk and Zero are still annoying as fuck though. Fighting hulk is more of a footsies game until you find an opening and fighting zero makes me dizzy and frustrated. I think I may even have a chance to hit 8th lord status(I used to think this was impossible...) at this rate. Sometimes I wonder if gimping the online aspect for a quick(but inevitable) buck was even worth it to them when word of mouth can make or break brands and franchises.

Pretty good night I guess...

Edit: One thing I noticed is that I no longer have to pick the "any" setting for rank level. I just set the language to english I get matches pretty quickly now. I'm pretty sure I went through those twenty matches without fighting anything below a 5th lord. It definitely evened the odds and made the game more enjoyable. I guess Capcom is finally doing something behind the scenes for the online aspect of the game.

Dahbomb

Ogrekiller said:
True and I'm grateful she got one at all, unlike Trish/Chun-Li/Cap/Parker. However the truth is that OTG capable moves are pretty much the most desired property in a move right now due to the fact that there are so many unrecoverable knockdowns in this game, and they can be used as many times as you want in a combo, unlike ground/wall bounces. Having crappy OTG moves doesn't quite condemn a character to Rolltier, but it does cripple them somewhat. Not being able to do much after an air throw is a pretty big disadvantage in my book. And the fact that there are only so many OTG capable assists, and characters like Cap and Parker are downright crippled when paired up with certain characters. Trish and Chun are saved from this because their combos are mainly aerial based and lack of an OTG doen't really affect their gameplan. Still seeing a Chun throw someone and standing there because she has no OTG assist or move is jarring, especially knowing that Storm can fucking DHC glitch from a throw and can outright kill a character.

With a good OTG move, you can call almost any assist and combo off of that. With a great OTG move you can continue the combo after that by yourself. No OTG move and you're forced to rely on a OTG capable assist, of which there are limited numbers of. Honestly, Wesker, and Dante wouldn't be so feared if they lost the OTG property on Samurai Edge/Volcano/Wild Stomp.

Some characters of course do well without OTG moves. Chun and Trish are examples. However their gameplan is different. Chun is more aerial based, and Trish is more keepaway and aerial. Hopscotch and Peekaboo help with that. As for Chun, most of her moves keep her opponent slightly airborne and her super launches, so not having an OTG move doesn't hurt too bad as well. Storm's fucking awesome OTGs make up for the fact she has no OTG specials or normals. Magneto had one of the best OTG level 3s in the game, and his gameplan also keeps his opponent in the air while he ROMs you to death.

But then we get to Cap/Parker/Joe/Leilei and you can see the lack of a good OTG normal/special really hurts them.
I agree with this and you can add Ryu to that list as well. OTG moves and being able to inflict damage when hard knocking them down is a very important part of the game and when certain characters lack it, that character feels incomplete. There is also a lack of good OTG assists too.

But I wouldn't use the DHC glitch as an argument because it is quite possible that the glitch is removed altogether in the future.

I am hoping the subsequent MVC3 characters are OTG capable and have some OTG assists as well. One of the reasons why Wesker is being used so much is because not only is he really good on point but he can self-OTG combo, has an OTG assist which is so easy to allow other characters to extend combos and it hits low to set up unblockables. There is very little reason to use other OTG assists when you can have Wesker.

I am so sad that my Avatar got ROBBED from me. I can't find the original anymore so I had to get a substitute. :(

If anyone could find it that would be GODLIKE.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dahbomb said:

I am so sad that my Avatar got ROBBED from me. I can't find the original anymore so I had to get a substitute. :( /

Check here:
User CP --> Edit Profile --> External Avatar Location
Maybe the URL is still there.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Dahbomb said:

I am so sad that my Avatar got ROBBED from me. I can't find the original anymore so I had to get a substitute. :(

If anyone could find it that would be GODLIKE.

You should check your profile and scroll down to External Avatar Location. All they did was disable external avatars from being shown so the link to your old avatar should still be there.

Dahbomb

Yeah I checked that before changing mine. It wasn't there, it just had the http://www. thing that's it.

*SIGH*

Oh and it has been known for quite some time that turning language options to "English" gets you better/more matches Online. I saw it posted on Capcom Unity forums. There are some other little gimmicks in the game that you can make the online experience a bit better.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dahbomb said:
Yeah I checked that before changing mine. It wasn't there, it just had the http://www. thing that's it.

*SIGH*

Oh and it has been known for quite some time that turning language options to "English" gets you better/more matches Online. I saw it posted on Capcom Unity forums. There are some other little gimmicks in the game that you can make the online experience a bit better.

PYDFv.jpg

Here you go. Google cache works wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom