• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahbomb said:
Yeah I checked that before changing mine. It wasn't there, it just had the http://www. thing that's it.

*SIGH*
You're lucky I saved it when you had me do the OT banner.
I didn't end up using it, but I do still have on my home PC. I'll see if I can reupload it when I finish work.

edit, nevermind lol

Dahbomb

Nils said:
PYDFv.jpg

Here you go. Google cache works wonders.
GODLIKE!!!!!!!!!! You are my hero!!!

USD said:
I think that's a pretty clear sign that HE WON'T FUCKING RETURN.

Trololo
wIqcT.gif

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
No problem man. Least I could do for the helpful suggestions you've given here. I'll also have to try that English setting tip. Whenever I play ranked I'm up against anything between Cosmic - 5th Lords 80% of the time. Fifth Lords-Sixth Lords I can handle most of the time, but anything beyond that mostly trounces me. I've yo-yo'd between fighter and 9th Lord 3 times so far partly because of it.

If I play unranked on my skill level I'm winning about 75% of the matches, but then it's often too easy and/or filled with Tatsu/Beam/... spammers.

Dahbomb

Grecco said:
till she gets hit with the sentinel stick.
You mean removing 400K health from her?

She will basically be left with 40K health on both (Phoenix and DP for a grand total of 80K health). And she will still rape scrubs because they can't perform a snapback.

OMG 1 hour left... get
un-
HYPED!!!

Dahbomb

_dementia said:
If there is no news about MvC3 DLC at Captivate I will interpret it as a soft-confirm for Super MvC3AE / MvC4
Me too LOL.

Capcom: "No MVC3 DLC in the near future, no plans for Super MVC3 in the near furture"

Us: "ULTIMATE MVC3 confirmed to be coming in a year.

*All DLC released for the game up to the its release including more Titles/Events/Shadow mode.

*Full retail package includes 70+ characters that almost doubles the current roster (plus some old ones with more moves/options)

*20+ stages and some of the older ones receiving visual upgrades

*Each character has 5 selectable Assists now

*Each character has over 12 costumes including all the DLC costumes

*You can now select a character more than once upto 3 times (like in MVC2) but this is not the default option in the game

*Fully featured Online modes running on GGPO, Spectator mode, Replay modes/channel, better Matchmaking, Tournament/Championship modes etc. Link to servers where you can directly upload combo videos/in the lab videos and a channel where you can see them all.

*Superior Training options/modes, more combos added to Mission mode with videos to go along with it (and the mission requirement can be toggled on/off like in SF4). Personalized training session of every character in the game that teaches you combos, set ups, assist choices, team mate options, mix ups, block strings, DHC options etc. Videos about the Basics/Advance mechanics in the game, stuff like Advancing Guard, DHCs, THCs, TACs, XFC, wave dashing etc.

*Reworked Menus and User interface

*Full video endings for all characters and more themes/artwork.

*More high quality HYPE intro videos

*More options for Vs/Online mode (ability to Turn on/off X Factor, 1v1, 2v2, Banning pick/Random draft option, All random with or without random assist selection, Turbo mode etc.)

*TRUE 3v3 game play option in which one player controls one character which can be used both online and offline (separate playlist for this and you have to select it in Versus mode). No assists will be chosen, the player outside will be able to input any move available to the character and it will come as an assist as long as the cooldown isn't active.

*Reworked AI battles using up to date combos, strategies, mix ups, block strings, assist types and other stuff. A lot of Shadow Mode battles will be in the game and will randomly come in Arcade mode (like having to play against JWong's Wolverine/Storm/Akuma team).

Grifter

Ferrio said:
The range of her command grabs is huge (bigger than the length she reaches... about one character width atleast), if you kara them it's even more obscene. Be wary of range, even if you think you're safe from a throw her slide kara'ed into her air throws/ground throw/hyper air throw is a *huge* range. The slide is great for sliding safely under a jump attack and karaing it to pick them from the air. The throws do get snuffed pretty easily, hence the need for tron. Against mashers I get stuffed a lot from mashed c.L's when going for a ground command throw.

Her super air grab is a lot harder to beat. Unless you have an air super with invincible startup she'll usually grab you. I believe she loses her invincibly toward the end of the throw (Don't quote me on this, just from experience I'd have to look it up on the book), so the further/higher you are the better chance of stuffing it. One thing you can do is if you see the flash and you have an air hyper (but it won't punish), do it, then dhc into another char. If you're quick I think you should have enough time mattering on the range. Same thing if you were just sticking an air hyper out there and she goes to punish with the throw, just dhc. I've gotten punished this way quite a few times for it.
Slide kara sounds really sick. Spencer has a similar throw and I'll try doing his barrel-roll dash first. Sliding under jumps also sounds like a nice way to set up command grabs as they land.

As for the air super, I think she's invincible as she leaps but not much more (8f). It's enough since the range is pretty sick but I'll try sticking out some moves next time. Doesn't seem like she'll grab you if you're low to the ground either so maybe early air dashes down as bait?

Grifter

Sixfortyfive said:
What is your problem, anyway? He's just saying that it's boring to watch.
Really. What an ugly set of replies.

Lost Fragment said:
re: Grifter

Probably won't be around tonight, but if I am I'll holler at you.
It's cool, wanted some games on a thoughtful player like yourself so I actually work out some game plans at home.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
_dementia said:
so no MvC3 news at Captivate :/
did we really expect the characters people voted for to appear in such a short time?

the only thing i was realistically hoping for was online updates, spectating mode and stuff

~Devil Trigger~ said:
did we really expect the characters people voted for to appear in such a short time?

the only thing i was realistically hoping for was online updates, spectating mode and stuff
No, I was expecting Frank and DocOck

Dahbomb said:
I agree with this and you can add Ryu to that list as well. OTG moves and being able to inflict damage when hard knocking them down is a very important part of the game and when certain characters lack it, that character feels incomplete. There is also a lack of good OTG assists too.

But I wouldn't use the DHC glitch as an argument because it is quite possible that the glitch is removed altogether in the future.

I am hoping the subsequent MVC3 characters are OTG capable and have some OTG assists as well. One of the reasons why Wesker is being used so much is because not only is he really good on point but he can self-OTG combo, has an OTG assist which is so easy to allow other characters to extend combos and it hits low to set up unblockables. There is very little reason to use other OTG assists when you can have Wesker.

If anyone could find it that would be GODLIKE.

Yes, OTG moves are pretty much one of the most desirable moves since it extends combos, which is why not all characters should have it. It makes you think about the teams you choose and plan accordingly. Characters like Jill GREATLY benefit from an OTG assist, but characters like Sent and Wesker don't really need one. You can also think about skipping OTG assists for characters like Ryu because of his OTG super. You really have to think about the pros and cons about your team.

There's also ways to extend your combos even if your OTG doesn't really allow you to. I believe if you use Ammy's assist during Jill's or Tron's OTG, it'll still let you pick them up, but you got to be creative. Either way, bottom line, OTGs are awesome but not required, just like the DHC glitch.

edit: I meant self OTGs. You don't NEED self OTGs, but if you have two characters who lack one, I'd think about an OTG assist somewhere.

edit 2: I didn't read the last part. Wesker's probably the best OTG assist; second place, I'm going to have to give it to Deadpool.

Dahbomb

I would agree with that. And yeah, characters like Magneto/Storm/Jill not having a self-OTG move from where they can extend their combos solo is TOTALLY fine. They can do other stuff to do high level combos anyway and with an assist they are deadlier.

Oh and no MVC3 news at Captivate CONFIRMS Ultimate MVC3 for next year. GET HYPED FOLKS!

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
I would agree with that. And yeah, characters like Magneto/Storm/Jill not having a self-OTG move from where they can extend their combos solo is TOTALLY fine. They can do other stuff to do high level combos anyway and with an assist they are deadlier.

Oh and no MVC3 news at Captivate CONFIRMS Ultimate MVC3 for next year. GET HYPED FOLKS!

Wow you mean they're probably going to charge us full price for all the stuff that should of been included in vanilla? SHOCK!

Also... the TK vs SF video is great. Can't wait to see Ling.

Grifter said:
Doesn't seem like she'll grab you if you're low to the ground either so maybe early air dashes down as bait?

No she definitely will if you're close (like a tri dash right in their face). Less time for the Shehulk player to react, but she can do it.

Even if you do successfully bait it they'll just dhc, so at most they'll waste 2 bars.

Dahbomb said:

I'm really curious to see if they make an arcade version for Japan

Really was looking forward to some MVC3 news. The costume pack, plus all those event updates coming so quick would make you think more announcements would be right around the corner.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
I just remembered that there's also a PSN tourney being set up. Kadey, is it almost ready?

Betting a big portion of the people signed up have already stopped playing the game.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
I wish you stopped playing too :( I hate your she-hulk

Dude you have like 75% win rate against me, what are you complaining about! Also it isn't she hulk that you should hate, it's tron.

I really need to retrain my fingers to pop out assists during strings... I'm so used to single button pressing or only calling out assists when I'm not attacking.

zlatko

Banned
Just in case anyone wants a 360 copy of the game I'm selling my Limited Edition version for $40.00 in the buy sell trade thread.

Ferrio said:
Dude you have like 75% win rate against me, what are you complaining about! Also it isn't she hulk that you should hate, it's tron.

I really need to retrain my fingers to pop out assists during strings... I'm so used to single button pressing or only calling out assists when I'm not attacking.

I just started doing that during strings. Except when I do it, I do LMHS, deadpool assist.

Next thing I know, both of my characters are eating a combo. I need to call it between L and M or something. Need to get used to pressing those two buttons. Just gotta pretend it's a mini focus attack in the middle of a string.

Dahbomb

Shadow mode teams:

X-Men: Phoenix, Wolverine, Storm
X-Force: Wolverine, Deadpool, X-23
Big Three/Avengers: Cap, Iron Man, Thor

Titles earned:

"Gone Too Soon"
"Hybrid"
"I'm Invincible"

Smo21

Prototype-03 said:
I just started doing that during strings. Except when I do it, I do LMHS, deadpool assist.

Next thing I know, both of my characters are eating a combo. I need to call it between L and M or something. Need to get used to pressing those two buttons. Just gotta pretend it's a mini focus attack in the middle of a string.

I think the trick is to hit m+p1 or p2. Depending on the assist of course.

shaowebb

Dahbomb said:
Me too LOL.

Capcom: "No MVC3 DLC in the near future, no plans for Super MVC3 in the near furture"

Us: "ULTIMATE MVC3 confirmed to be coming in a year.

*All DLC released for the game up to the its release including more Titles/Events/Shadow mode.

*Full retail package includes 70+ characters that almost doubles the current roster (plus some old ones with more moves/options)

*20+ stages and some of the older ones receiving visual upgrades

*Each character has 5 selectable Assists now

*Each character has over 12 costumes including all the DLC costumes

*You can now select a character more than once upto 3 times (like in MVC2) but this is not the default option in the game

*Fully featured Online modes running on GGPO, Spectator mode, Replay modes/channel, better Matchmaking, Tournament/Championship modes etc. Link to servers where you can directly upload combo videos/in the lab videos and a channel where you can see them all.

*Superior Training options/modes, more combos added to Mission mode with videos to go along with it (and the mission requirement can be toggled on/off like in SF4). Personalized training session of every character in the game that teaches you combos, set ups, assist choices, team mate options, mix ups, block strings, DHC options etc. Videos about the Basics/Advance mechanics in the game, stuff like Advancing Guard, DHCs, THCs, TACs, XFC, wave dashing etc.

*Reworked Menus and User interface

*Full video endings for all characters and more themes/artwork.

*More high quality HYPE intro videos

*More options for Vs/Online mode (ability to Turn on/off X Factor, 1v1, 2v2, Banning pick/Random draft option, All random with or without random assist selection, Turbo mode etc.)

*TRUE 3v3 game play option in which one player controls one character which can be used both online and offline (separate playlist for this and you have to select it in Versus mode). No assists will be chosen, the player outside will be able to input any move available to the character and it will come as an assist as long as the cooldown isn't active.

*Reworked AI battles using up to date combos, strategies, mix ups, block strings, assist types and other stuff. A lot of Shadow Mode battles will be in the game and will randomly come in Arcade mode (like having to play against JWong's Wolverine/Storm/Akuma team).

and now event hubs will post your list. Though I wouldn't mind if the 70+ thing someday came to fruition. I miss a bunch of the MVC2 cast like Strider, Psylocke, Silver Samurai, Cyclops, BB Hood, Roll, Servbot, Amingo, Hayato, Gambit, Venom, Iceman, Colossus....sigh...ya know what I think I just miss too many cast members because not all of those would be needed considering their roles are already filled in by other cast.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
That, it is. Knowing me, I'm gonna go L, MASH SOME BUTTONS, H, S

Well I have it timed that if I do. LMH (Akuma) S. He'll come out and not interrupt the combo if it hits, but if it's blocked he'll give me time to be safe. Just my muscle memory is so ingrained to hit LMHS that I never do it.

Ferrio said:
Well I have it timed that if I do. LMH (Akuma) S. He'll come out and not interrupt the combo if it hits, but if it's blocked he'll give me time to be safe. Just my muscle memory is so ingrained to hit LMHS that I never do it.

Only way to do it is to do it in training mode over and over and over. I trained with ironman for about 30 mins the other day just to add a standing H before launching and a flight in between. I'm still inconsistent with the flight but I sure do get an H in.

edit: I put A H in it. 50% of the time, a c.H comes out. Unwanted reset ftw.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
edit: I put A H in it. 50% of the time, a c.H comes out. Unwanted reset ftw.

Calling his c.H a reset hah. It's a LOL moment everytime I see it come out in someone's string including when I'd do it.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
That rocket is so useless. I'd rather have him do nothing when I press c.H.

I am curious why the hell it's even included. Might be the worst move in the game.

Actually that's a good question.

What is the worst move in the game?

shaowebb

Varjet said:
Shocking Pink :(

Ditto. It's one of the many reason's Joe gets no love in this game. He's just missing too many tools. Me...I would've given him Chun-Li's dash ability to turn him into a hard to catch character with both range and pressure options.

He's just too slow to utilize and doesn't hit for much and lacks the tools to cap off good combos with a hyper. A couple of tweaks to his priorities, speed or dashes though and he could turn into something IMO.

Chozo

Ferrio said:
I am curious why the hell it's even included. Might be the worst move in the game.

Actually that's a good question.

What is the worst move in the game?

Tenderizer's probably up there.

-comes out when you least want it ("oh you wanted jd+H? Sorry, flail uselessly in the air for two seconds")

-long range, but largely unsafe on block regardless. Also has hitboxes on his arms for added fun

-OTG-capable on a character that has something on the order of 3+ OTG moves already (jd+H, charged low H, Meteor Smash)

-As an assist, it's not even the version you would want in a lot of cases (H version).

About the only nice thing I can say about it is that it least it chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom