• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Dahbomb said:
Easier to combo into Magneto's LVL3 than Zero's. Magneto's LVL3 also does more damage and you can combo after it.

Zero's LVL3 is godlike because it's a home wrecker and hits more than one target.

I would say they are both about the same, both are excellent LVL3s. I also think Zero's LVL3 is not as safe as Magneto's. Basically the way I see it, Magneto's is used to kill a very powerful single character (usually Wesker cuz he has high health) where as Zero's is used to kill a point (low health) + assist if you get the chance to do it.

Post "fake" patch? Zero's LVL3 is WAY better LOL.

Genmu Zero also has the invincibility. You can hit Magnus out of his start up, but I've done Genmu Zero AFTER Dorm has started Chaotic Flame.

y2dvd

The cheesiest team I've played against so far has got to be Morrigan/Sent/Doom with missle assist. There's like a million projectiles on screen at once!

LakeEarth

Ferrio said:
Hit 4th lord, sudden jump in competition is pretty insane. Getting dominated pretty hard now hah.
I knew when you said yesterday that you never lost so many matches in a row, that you just hit 4th Lord. That's where all the sharks are.

mr. puppy

Banned
_dementia said:
That was really well-done.
Like, the way they represented the movesets and animation of SF2 Ryu and Honda are some of the best I've seen in other (non-game) media.

yea the framerate and everything were perfect.

its kinda like watching the new mortal kombat game.

depths20XX

The OTG with Doom's standing H seems really difficult to time after that Buktooth combo. It seems like I can only get it about 50% of the time, probably less. Still keeping him in my team of Zero/Task/Doom

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh, thought I was getting a Tournament Edition S Stick for 90 euro + free shipping. However because the photo on display was that of an SE Stick which clashed with the description I was a bit weary so I emailed their customer service just to be sure. Turns out the description was wrong and it is an SE Stick which makes it a much much worse deal. They're now asking if I want to cancel the order or go ahead with it and said the TE's probably won't be coming in stock ever again. They also have a Blazblue Fighting Stick EX-2 on there for about 60 euro.

I may cancel my order and get that one instead, but I'm really conflicted. Might not like the square gate, and the Hori ones are apparently a lot harder to mod. Anyone more in the know got a suggestion?

depths20XX

Nils said:
I may cancel my order and get that one instead, but I'm really conflicted. Might not like the square gate, and the Hori ones are apparently a lot harder to mod. Anyone more in the know got a suggestion?

They will all have square gates. Hori or Madcatz

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I know but I saw the Madcatz one was a whole lot easier to mod, and I generally really suck at those things. Besides that, which one do you think is better overall?

Hitokage said:
Gates should be equally easy to change. They aren't dependent on the stick you're using.
Changing the gate on a fighting stick EX2 is a bit more involved though. You need to drill through a Sanwa replacement gate in order for it to fit the stock Hori lever.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
_dementia said:
Changing the gate on a fighting stick EX2 is a bit more involved though. You need to drill through a Sanwa replacement gate in order for it to fit the stock Hori lever.
Oh, it's not a RAP? I thought it'd be another Sanwa stick with Hori buttons. Nevermind then!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm thanks for that. I probably don't wanna risk that. In the mean time I've emailed them saying I'm still having a hard time deciding, and that I'm pretty disappointed that it wasn't the TE stick after all. Also noted that I looked up some stuff and saw the SE was on sale on their site for only 50 euro until recently and that while I understand sales can of course wildly change from one day to the next, having that knowledge does make it feel like an even worse deal than it already was.

Doing more digging on their site, they also have a Blazeblue Real Arcade Stick for 70 euro, but it's for PS3...That one would seem like a much better deal, but the platform is bothersome. I have a PS3 but I only plug it in to play console exclusives every few months.

Bah, shit sucks. Mad props to their customer service of emailing me back lightning quick but when push comes to shove my hopes of getting one of the better sticks relatively cheap are dashed.

Hitokage said:
Oh, it's not a RAP? I thought it'd be another Sanwa stick with Hori buttons. Nevermind then!
he said Blazblue EX2 so it's got to be this:
TdhdP.jpg

Weirdly enough, the PS3 one is an actual HRAP though, Sanwa lever but soldered Hori buttons (no QDs).

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Mags/Hsien-Ko/Wesker. Hit combo with mags that builds 2 bars, end with hypergrav, DHC into gold armor, DHC into Wesker for DHC trick. sogood.gif

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Just checked that site again. They still list the SE stick for 50 euro for the PS3 version, so no way in hell I'm paying double for the same product on 360. Shame about the HRAP they have being PS3 only as well, would buy that one in a heartbeat otherwise.

shaowebb

Man I wish someone here in WV sold a damned laminate label. My MLP stick's art is worn off even after using triple thick krylon clear coat as a topcoat for my homemade label topper.

Once I get to the point where I can predict a whole match and control it from start to finish enough to body a team I'm upgrading to my MVC2 TE stick. Till then I'm gonna keep playing the pony stick no matter what happens to it. I'm not certain what art I'll get for the TE stick since I'll mod it once I hit my goal skill level, though.

Hurray for motivating goals. Now to learn to control, protect and utilize various approaches better for each character and to learn to predict, control and sabotage the approaches of my opponent better to force them into my zone for the kill.

_dementia said:
That was really well-done.
Like, the way they represented the movesets and animation of SF2 Ryu and Honda are some of the best I've seen in other (non-game) media.

WHAT? WHY DID YOU CHANGE YOUR ICON??? How am I gonna know it's you posting from now on?

ApolloJoh

_dementia said:
Hit F5. They're both going to have to go before long :(
In the Avatar Changes topic I mentioned that some of the animated ones were pretty cool and ya, yours was one of them (the girl jumping rainbow one). Shame to see it go.

Grifter

We had a tourney this past weekend and got players from cities up and down the interstate to attend so it became a makeshift regional, which was really sweet.

I got matched up late against the champ of one group and lost 1-2 characters every game to she-hulk resets (he was running the jwong team). I did manage to pull the win off, but it felt like I got handicapped 1.5 characters per game.

Is that shulk reset a straight 50/50 guess, or can she react to whichever direction I tech?

Ferrio

Banned
Grifter said:
We had a tourney this past weekend and got players from cities up and down the interstate to attend so it became a makeshift regional, which was really sweet.

I got matched up late against the champ of one group and lost 1-2 characters every game to she-hulk resets (he was running the jwong team). I did manage to pull the win off, but it felt like I got handicapped 1.5 characters per game.

Is that shulk reset a straight 50/50 guess, or can she react to whichever direction I tech?

Believe there's enough time to react, I can't online and don't play offline so I wouldn't be able to say for sure.

ApolloJoh

ApolloJoh said:
Oooh, thanks.

Hooray! Got a night class today so I won't be on til' late if you wanna play later on.

Yeah, imgur's great.

I got it :D

Special shout out to Akachan for the image. He just sneaks in only to tell me that I'm a pedo and gives me great avatar material.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
I got it :D

Special shout out to Akachan for the image. He just sneaks in only to tell me that I'm a pedo and gives me great avatar material.

Joke's on you, avatar quoting impossible now.

Ferrio said:
Joke's on you, avatar quoting impossible now.
technically you could save the av, host it elsewhere and then reply to the post like BlimBlim used to do when that guy with the DMC3 avatar changed his.

shaowebb

Had a good run just now.

Put a little bit of time in on training mode testing out some ways to cover approaches and punish approaches with characters.

I'm liking wolverine divekicks more and more as I set their approaches better.

Starting to use Wolverine slash more to create mixups after assist setups rather than simply popping it off alone like I used to do. Works way better to approach people in this manner if they are eating the tatsu dive kick.

Tested some stuff on a team I piece mealed together last night with Sixfortyfive's crew. Hulk/Sent/Task

I didn't want to use it because I just kept feeling cheap, but the more I practiced using Hulk's tools the last random I felt with him and I don't feel so cheap with the character anymore because I know that I dont HAVE to keep chucking the same stuff with him if I don't want to.

I try to put Hulk at mid screen and then keep him there. I usually walk back summon sent or task and walk forward to keep them from getting popped. If they attempt assist punish. Usually on jump ins or teleports I can go into his grab or standing HS air combo now every time, and on the chance that someone takes out my sent missiles I Gamma Wave them back off and switch to task vert shot gamma wave to force more jump ins that I can punish with that grab.

He honestly doesn't need a combo and does great damage and can sit and block forever and not die so its a wall tactic that works pretty good. Keep away Sent with Task coverage on vert shot is actually better than crouching low attempts once he goes in so Sentinel feels good so long as He has an assist to use on this team.

I played online and did an 8 win run on a guy then upon switching back torushdown Wolvie/Ryu/Task but with my practiced wolverine approaches I body his whole team with next to no health lost.
He rage quit during my final combo on Dante.

Feels good man. I'm digging all this practice on just creating multiple situations to control your opponents possible approaches against you and banking on turning them against them.

Feels a bit more like street fighter in that respect now instead of just a mad dash to land big combos. Maybe I'll do better with mixup characters than rushdown. I haven't played wesker more than a few times yet...

BIGGEST PROBLEMS RIGHT NOW
Keep away Taskmaster
Keep Away Sodium force protected by hidden missile
Controlling character's approaches during super jump without airdashes using only moves
Protecting Landing strips
consistent tatsu landing under pressure ( keep botching it when trying to fall safely above someone with Ryu)
Pushblocking enough

shaowebb said:
Keep away Taskmaster
Keep Away Sodium force protected by hidden missile
Controlling character's approaches during super jump without airdashes using only moves
Pushblocking enough

For keepaways, the best way to deal with them is to superjump and block. If you have a dash, you can super jump and move forward. If you have a character like X-23, you can use the air slashes to move around. If you have assists that have some kind of beam, use the beam, jump and dash to cover yourself.

If they're using ground arrows, you can jump and avoid it. If he's either jumping or using the up arrows, you could try wave dashing in. If they're using assists, you better pray that you have another assist that can cover you as well.

Try not to pushblock TOO much against projectiles since you want to save as much time to close yourself in.

Task with a good assist is a pain, and even once you get in, he actually has tools to deal with you. The thing is, his arrows have a lot of holes once you get used to them, so you just gotta pick and choose. What I end up doing is wait until Task jumps, call ironman assist (because I'm assuming he's gonna be calling an assist to cover) and depending on the character, do different things. If I'm running X-23, I super jump and air slash, if I'm running deadpool, I'd teleport. Again, if Task does super in the air, my assist is going to end up eating a super, so it's really a game of chance.

Sometimes I wave dash in and end up eating a spidey swing. It really depends what I feel like.

LakeEarth

Protecting myself while being offensive is the one thing I need to work on the most. My Spencer/Wesker/Haggar mix doesn't really have a good "safe to move forward" assist. Haggar's lariat is more of a "get the fuck off me" assist. Been thinking of switching him out for Task or Sentinel, as they both have great forward moving assists and both can take advantage of the DHC trick.

LakeEarth said:
Protecting myself while being offensive is the one thing I need to work on the most. My Spencer/Wesker/Haggar mix doesn't really have a good "safe to move forward" assist. Haggar's lariat is more of a "get the fuck off me" assist. Been thinking of switching him out for Task or Sentinel, as they both have great forward moving assists and both can take advantage of the DHC trick.

Sometimes jumping and blocking is your best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom