• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Later today, Option-Select will be streaming the first Snapback Saturday. SSFIV singles is scheduled to start at 2, while Marvel singles will start at 5.

Don't see too much tournament play in the Florida scene, so it will be interesting to watch.

USD said:
Later today, Option-Select will be streaming the first Snapback Saturday. SSFIV singles is scheduled to start at 2, while Marvel singles will start at 5.

Don't see too much tournament play in the Florida scene, so it will be interesting to watch.
Thanks for the heads up. Say, will Flash be there?

K701

Banned
Quick question: I hadn't played since vanilla (no patches at all) and yesterday when I played it was lagging really bad. Also I kept dropping some sent combos. Did they change his move's properties? I thought they only changed his health.

Also did they alter the netcode? It's lagging really bad now... But I also changed my network config so that might be it. It used to be modem > router >ps3. Now it's modem > router > router > PS3. But the first router is DMZ'd so it should be ok...

Dahbomb

No change in netcode or Sent's move properties, it's sounds like your changing in router config is causing the problem.

Also set language option to English.

K701 said:
Quick question: I hadn't played since vanilla (no patches at all) and yesterday when I played it was lagging really bad. Also I kept dropping some sent combos. Did they change his move's properties? I thought they only changed his health.

Also did they alter the netcode? It's lagging really bad now... But I also changed my network config so that might be it. It used to be modem > router >ps3. Now it's modem > router > router > PS3. But the first router is DMZ'd so it should be ok...

You were probably dropping the combos because of lag. And no, it's just the netcode being bad. What's your PSN? Wanna run some matches?

ThatCrazyGuy said:

No, I'm on PSN :(

K701

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
You were probably dropping the combos because of lag. And no, it's just the netcode being bad. What's your PSN? Wanna run some matches?

No, I'm on PSN :(

alright lets play: psn: niu-niu

Just playing around with modok, if you can get the opponent in the corner after an air combo knockdown, you can do a late 2m and cancel to flight then h, s, which is unblockable if the opponent don't forward roll. the 2m will make a puddle which hits low and the flight h s overhead. So you can confuse opponent with a Jamming bomb combo and other cube combos.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SephirothRK said:
Just playing around with modok, if you can get the opponent in the corner after an air combo knockdown, you can do a late 2m and cancel to flight then h, s, which is unblockable if the opponent don't forward roll. the 2m will make a puddle which hits low and the flight h s overhead. So you can confuse opponent with a Jamming bomb combo and other cube combos.

Fuck modok seriously, THAT BOMB SHIT MAKES ME SO MAD. Why is Up and Down reversed too! xD You honestly feel retarded after getting hit by a jamming bomb xD

Dahbomb

You get hit by a Jamming Bomb you are dead. Seriously you might as well just stop playing.

One thing I noticed about MODOK is that he is pretty much impervious to high/low mix ups because you can basically just hold up/back all the time since he can block while in flight.

Seriously if someone puts in the time with MODOK, they can totally beast with him. Most people trying to play him pure zoning when he is actually itching to do one of his cube/bomb combos.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Jamming bomb is awesome. So awesome.

RUYKh.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
SephirothRK said:

Ya screw your modok! Swore my stick was breaking first time i fought ya.

I just love his barrier. So amazing.
SephirothRK said:
Puddle hits low? I thought 2C was his only low. That seems really good!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Played a bunch today and ranked up for the 3rd consecutive day in a row. Currently a fledgling 6th Lord. Winrate is up from 24% 5 days agp to a more respectable 45. Quite a few ragequiits today including one guy twice with 20 minutes in between both games.

My Task/Wesker/Dante team is working a bit better with Weasel Shot though I still have trouble finding opportune moments to use it effectively. Also noticed that I do accidental Spidey Swings a bunch of times when I mean to do a forward dash. The game interprets my forward MH as a Spidey Swing it seems. Another issue I have is chasing people down to do the gunshot + any potential follow-up with Wesker after the air combo. I get the feeling those inputs would be easier with a stick as I'm often shooting the gun forward or doing his down H right after I land.

Axis

Nils said:
Played a bunch today and ranked up for the 3rd consecutive day in a row. Currently a fledgling 6th Lord. Winrate is up from 24% 5 days agp to a more respectable 45. Quite a few ragequiits today including one guy twice with 20 minutes in between both games.

My Task/Wesker/Dante team is working a bit better with Weasel Shot though I still have trouble finding opportune moments to use it effectively. Also noticed that I do accidental Spidey Swings a bunch of times when I mean to do a forward dash. The game interprets my forward MH as a Spidey Swing it seems. Another issue I have is chasing people down to do the gunshot + any potential follow-up with Wesker after the air combo. I get the feeling those inputs would be easier with a stick as I'm often shooting the gun forward or doing his down H right after I land.

just try neutral MH instead of forward...still works as a forward dash

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I know. Just not used to that input for it yet. At the moment I go backwards a lot because of the momentum from blocking slightly before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom