• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Oh yeah that's right, I remember now.

Pre-release people thought Magneto was way worse than MVC2 Magneto. No one knew the magic behind his j.H. Hell, even S-Kill said that Magneto is not the mad rushdown beast that he was in MVC2 when in reality... he IS and with a really fast beam projectile.

hitsugi

Dahbomb said:
Oh yeah that's right, I remember now.

Pre-release people thought Magneto was way worse than MVC2 Magneto. No one knew the magic behind his j.H. Hell, even S-Kill said that Magneto is not the mad rushdown beast that he was in MVC2 when in reality... he IS and with a really fast beam projectile.

well in their defense, as soon as people saw the triangle jump / reset limitations it became easy to say he isn't "mvc2 magneto". however, with this being mvc3, people have found ways of making the new mag effective and with how easy it is to do massive damage - resets don't matter all that much for him.. yet

Dahbomb

Off of one bar Mags can do like 600K-700K easily. With 2 bars, he can kill you with a DHC trick. He can kill you with 3 bars too using LVL3 hyper.

Resets still are very useful for Magneto when you start off a combo from an assist or throw that scales the damage down due to lots of hits (like a beam assist or Tron). Magneto, like a lot of characters, needs one good reset to kill off a character.

Wesker is the same, he has insane reset/mix up game.

rivals said:
People still use the term "metrosexual"? I don't think I've heard that in 6-7 years.
I haven't heard that word in ages, actually. I'm not even mad, I'm a pretty bitch.

Anyone else get real salty after you get taunted? I normally keep my cool in a Marvel match, but when someone taunts me when I lose a character or after the battle, I rage.

spindashing said:
I haven't heard that word in ages, actually. I'm not even mad, I'm a pretty bitch.

Anyone else get real salty after you get taunted? I normally keep my cool in a Marvel match, but when someone taunts me when I lose a character or after the battle, I rage.

:lol

Damn, spindashing you are awesome ;D

Also I agree with the saltiness as a result of being taunted thing. I don't get thaaaaaaaaaaat salty normally, but being taunted bums me out and usually leads to me raging.

Adam Prime said:
Damn I am having the hardest time landing Deadpool Katanarama OTG as a move and assist. Is the hitbox very specific ? I can almost never get it as an assist and only sometimes after a combo.

Maybe I'm just not inputting fast enough?

no, his hitbox is HUGE and it's pretty fast. I delay it and it still hits. Let me know how you're missing it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:

When I get taunted after someone beats me with like <100 000 vitality left on their health bar, I go.. "really ...really?"

Dahbomb

I don't play online.

But I do get hyped during a Marvel session. Just had one recently, I lost from an inferior player and he kept smack talking how even though I know a lot about the game I still suck at it. I was like "challenge match, you pick my team best of 5".

He picked Ryu, Arthur and Haggar for me. Luckily I knew how to play with all 3 characters and BODIED his ass. Then I proceeded to do a little victory dance in his face.

FELT GOOD MAN!

Oh and All Random matches in MVC3 are hype as fuck.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
I don't play online.

But I do get hyped during a Marvel session. Just had one recently, I lost from an inferior player and he kept smack talking how even though I know a lot about the game I still suck at it. I was like "challenge match, you pick my team best of 5".

He picked Ryu, Arthur and Haggar for me. Luckily I knew how to play with all 3 characters and BODIED his ass. Then I proceeded to do a little victory dance in his face.

FELT GOOD MAN!

Oh and All Random matches in MVC3 are hype as fuck.

LOL at putting haggar and arthur on the same team, proof that guy was shit. Those two work stupidly good together

Dahbomb

Of course he wasn't that good, that's why I got pissed off that I lost to him cuz I was using an experimental team. Then he taunted me for it. I was bodying him for like 15 consecutive matches too.

One time I lost a Perfect round in Tekken 5 (I was real good in Tekken 5, like competitively viable in it) to a friend who who did an unblockable into wall combo when I was looking the other way. He always reminds me of that Perfect every time we play... :/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
Of course he wasn't that good, that's why I got pissed off that I lost to him cuz I was using an experimental team. Then he taunted me for it. I was bodying him for like 15 consecutive matches too.

One time I lost a Perfect round in Tekken 5 (I was real good in Tekken 5, like competitively viable in it) to a friend who who did an unblockable into wall combo when I was looking the other way. He always reminds me of that Perfect every time we play... :/
Psh your friends are poor sports. Me and proto *and my other friends* Normally just go OH HELL NO NEVER AGAIN and go rage mode serious play if that happens *it's not uncommon*

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
no, his hitbox is HUGE and it's pretty fast. I delay it and it still hits. Let me know how you're missing it.
You could always do it how this guy does his stuff... OMG THEY ARE CLOSE TO ME *attacks joystick like a crazed monkey* I GOT A COMBOOOOO

Do the assist faster

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Been trying to play magneto but I seem to come short on damage because of my limitations with the j.h loop. When are you supposed to activate flight in that loop? I either activate it too late or I start doing an exchange each time I use flight within a combo, any tips?

Dahbomb

Probably better to first master his normal flight combos before moving on to the loops/ROM. Seems like you are having trouble with the flight cancels so you should iron that out first.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
it baffles me how or why Capcom chose certain assist for some characters

why the fuck is Stone smite the OTG assist?? its useless

Dahbomb

Stone Smite causes a wall bounce too. It's actually not a bad assist because it covers so much of the screen and is a high priority attack. It's supposed to be used like Spencer's Armor Piercer assist, where you extend your character's combos after self-OTGing like with Wesker.

I would like to have had the Medium Tenderizer version as an assist though.

DR2K

Banned
How does anyone play ranked, so damn laggy. I don't understand how hard it would be to make a lobby system in ranked mode. At least let us look at the damn connection level before being matched up.

QisTopTier said:
LOL at putting haggar and arthur on the same team, proof that guy was shit. Those two work stupidly good together
What works well with that team, besides using Lariat assist to keep people off Arthur? I already play an OK Haggar so I'm tempted to give Haggar/Arthur a shot.

QisTopTier said:
Anyone down for games today?
I am but you would wreck me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Parallax Scroll said:
What works well with that team, besides using Lariat assist to keep people off Arthur? I already play an OK Haggar so I'm tempted to give Haggar/Arthur a shot.

I am but you would wreck me.

Lets play anyways, I'll use my arthur/haggar/sent team for ya

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Parallax Scroll said:
Good to know, I was gonna use fire bottle.
Fire bottle is only good if you gold armor him up, on the down side it also make them drag away from you, daggers is like an alt version of sent drones, if you happen to have arthur armored up they become even better. But your main goal for using arthur is to learn how to use him with out being armored first. He can make a good final character too once you get him down due the the fact you can xfactor his level 3 hyper and instant kill anyone in the game full screen off any wiffed move as a final retaliation start. Xfactor 3 gold armor arthur is godly as fuck, only way to stop him is with an extremely mobile character even then one wrong move can cost them a match, it's best to try and save your xfactor with arthur though til they used theirs so they dont negate his stupidly high chip damage.

Dahbomb

While trying to get my Doom technology down, I have also found out that Doom with laser is really good with Deadpool and his teleport/hit confirms. Which has allowed me to construct and most probably complete my new team of Deadpool/Trish/Doom. All great teammates for Deadpool as the Trish traps really allow Deadpool some defense against teleporters and Doom beam allows him to mount an offense with his teleports. DP on the other hand allows Trish to have an OTG combo set up and there is DHC synergy.

I know my team can DHC glitch but I am not concerned about that anymore since I am 90% sure it's gonna get patched. I am working on making a solid zoning team which can mix up to do basic rushdown as well. However, this team is probably going to be free to a Phoenix team unless I lame it out hardcore.

I have noticed from personal experience that zoning teams get blown up by Phoenix teams where as rushdown teams (with good mix ups/set ups) blow up Phoenix teams with the use of Snapbacks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
I have noticed from personal experience that zoning teams get blown up by Phoenix teams where as rushdown teams (with good mix ups/set ups) blow up Phoenix teams with the use of Snapbacks.

Run away teams can own phoenix teams too, they just have to play smarter, where rush down teams can do their normal game plan sorta

Casuals bitch about zoning teams the most, but fail to realize they are the hardest type of thing to play in a game like this once you get to high level.

QisTopTier said:
Fire bottle is only good if you gold armor him up, on the down side it also make them drag away from you, daggers is like an alt version of sent drones, if you happen to have arthur armored up they become even better. But your main goal for using arthur is to learn how to use him with out being armored first. He can make a good final character too once you get him down due the the fact you can xfactor his level 3 hyper and instant kill anyone in the game full screen off any wiffed move as a final retaliation start. Xfactor 3 gold armor arthur is godly as fuck, only way to stop him is with an extremely mobile character even then one wrong move can cost them a match, it's best to try and save your xfactor with arthur though til they used theirs so they dont negate his stupidly high chip damage.
Thanks for the info. I'm trying out dagger assist in the lab. I guess you'd only want to call it from far away, so it could cover Haggar's forward roll after cr.H, or normal jumping pipe I guess? I suck at approaching with Haggar.

Dahbomb

Yeah but they have to time out Phoenix or time out DP's X factor timer. After DP's loses her LVL3 XFC, it's a much fair and surmountable battle. You can do it with some characters, on my team I can do it with Trish and Doom.

And zoning teams are definitely tough in this game to play. You can get blown up really easily and you have to be way more careful with assist usage in this game. So many teleporters, air dashers and dive kickers in this game that give zoners a tough time. That's why I am not going for a pure zoning team yet but a team consisting of characters who can do both.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Parallax Scroll said:
Thanks for the info. I'm trying out dagger assist in the lab. I guess you'd only want to call it from far away, so it could cover Haggar's forward roll after cr.H, or normal jumping pipe I guess? I suck at approaching with Haggar.
Yes, also it eats up projectles. Use it during block strings as well

Like say M *press assist at the same time*, c.H, roll behind

Dahbomb said:
Yeah but they have to time out Phoenix or time out DP's X factor timer. After DP's loses her LVL3 XFC, it's a much fair and surmountable battle. You can do it with some characters, on my team I can do it with Trish and Doom.
Time out? No I kill that whore :p

QisTopTier said:
Yes, also it eats up projectles. Use it during block strings as well

Like say M *press assist at the same time*, c.H, roll behind
I'm generally scared to call an assist like that at close range, but I guess if it's a blockstring it's pretty safe. It also never occurred to me to roll behind them with Haggar. I've only used the roll move to approach.

Edit: One nice thing about these daggers over sent drones is I don't have to worry about them fucking up my launch combo.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Parallax Scroll said:
How about Gamma Wave assist to protect Haggar's approach? That eats a lot of projectiles. (I ask since I already know how to play Hulk)
It works, but both haggar and hulk are meh imo, it will end up becoming a huge liability in the long run and zoners will just laugh at you. IMO save for random online lag moments, Hulk is probably the worst character in the game hands down. Hsienko and Haggar both have stupidly good assist to make up for their down falls. Arthur as far as the tier list thing goes is no were even close to the bottom *from experience*

Dahbomb

Yeah man Hulk/Haggar/Arthur is just too much liability. You need a character in there who can handle a lot of things, like Taskmaster or Trish. I am not saying Hulk is ass but usually when making a team you can't really rely to have Haggar AND Hulk on your team. You would do better with Sentinel in this situation.

Arthur as anchor (and if he has meter) is no fucking joke.

QisTopTier said:
It works, but both haggar and hulk are meh imo, it will end up becoming a huge liability in the long run and zoners will just laugh at you. IMO save for random online lag moments, Hulk is probably the worst character in the game hands down. Hsienko and Haggar both have stupidly good assist to make up for their down falls. Arthur as far as the tier list thing goes is no were even close to the bottom *from experience*
In the long run you're probably right. But I can barely even land simple B&B air combos with anyone online. Hulk's combos are shit-easy once you land that first hit, so as long as I play against people similar to my own skill level, I can actually win some matches by doing combos instead of pure projectile spam. I think this puts me in a good position to learn a lot more about general game mechanics as I use my scrubby team in real matches.

Dahbomb said:
Yeah man Hulk/Haggar/Arthur is just too much liability. You need a character in there who can handle a lot of things, like Taskmaster or Trish. I am not saying Hulk is ass but usually when making a team you can't really rely to have Haggar AND Hulk on your team. You would do better with Sentinel in this situation.

Arthur as anchor (and if he has meter) is no fucking joke.
I don't actually play Arthur, I was just experimenting with him today. My main team recently is Hulk/Zero/Haggar or Zero/Hulk/Haggar. I can do more advanced shit with Zero than the big guys, but I drop Zero combos way too often. I've also tried Sent in the 3rd slot but my Sent blows.

Dahbomb

Then you wanna build a team around Hulk. Low hitting/OTG assist and something to help him get in with or not get owned by zoning.

You can try running Hulk with Arthur using Hulk's Anti-Air Gamma Charge as a GTFO assist. Maybe something like She Hulk/Hulk/Arthur.

You should seriously learn a character who has an OTG assist so you can extend Hulk's combo. If you can follow up an air BBCS with OTG Gamma Charge H ~ Gamma Charge L into Gamma Crush that will level up your Hulk game considerably.

Dahbomb said:
Then you wanna build a team around Hulk. Low hitting/OTG assist and something to help him get in with or not get owned by zoning.

You can try running Hulk with Arthur using Hulk's Anti-Air Gamma Charge as a GTFO assist. Maybe something like She Hulk/Hulk/Arthur.

You should seriously learn a character who has an OTG assist so you can extend Hulk's combo. If you can follow up an air BBCS with OTG Gamma Charge H ~ Gamma Charge L into Gamma Crush that will level up your Hulk game considerably.
Do you mean the L followup to Gamma Charge H? Or do I actually do two Gamma Charges?

Normally I end air combos with Gamma Charge H (to close distance) xx Gamma Tsunami midscreen, and Gamma Wave H xx Gamma Crush in the corner. But I just tried your combo with the Wesker assist and yeah, more damage.

Edit: And I've heard pairing Hulk with an OTG assist is also good since it gives you a followup for his command throw. I just don't know how to play Wesker or any of the other OTG assist characters yet.

LakeEarth

Fricken Arther in XF3 can keep you locked down at full screen by throwing lancers at you. You're stuck in blockstun until x-factor is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom