• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Parallax Scroll said:
Do you mean the L followup to Gamma Charge H? Or do I actually do two Gamma Charges?

Normally I end air combos with Gamma Charge H (to close distance) xx Gamma Tsunami midscreen, and Gamma Wave H xx Gamma Crush in the corner. But I just tried your combo with the Wesker assist and yeah, more damage.

Edit: And I've heard pairing Hulk with an OTG assist is also good since it gives you a followup for his command throw. I just don't know how to play Wesker or any of the other OTG assist characters yet.
The L follow up to Gamma Charge H and then connecting with Gamma Crush. And you not only want it for the Command Throw but for his regular throws as well. It really ups his game to where even his throws (which have decent range) lead to solid damage.

Would be a good idea to start playing Wesker. He seriously is NOT hard at all and you will realize that most people do really simple stuff with him, it just looks really crazy on the receiving end. You can tag an extra button to his special moves and a teleport will come out and his gun is just a command normal after which you can tag a button to teleport with (f+H and then add L to teleport ahead). You don't need to be doing the high end off the wall teleport, self-OTG combos with him to do solid damage with Wesker.

shaowebb

Nice to see someone else trying to experiment with Hulk. I've found that Cold Star ammy works for both shutting them off on jump in/rush down against hulk and for giving him something to approach with. Plus even if you know absolutely nothing about ammy you can mash H with her to combo most characters if you panic while you're still scrub with her.

I generally try to roll Hulk/Ammy/Sent if I use a hulk team but Hulk/Magneto/Ammy is also damned solid for beams and combos plus you can pop in Magneto during an aerial rave and fish for DHC trick Ammy which is pretty boss.

Whats sad is I haven't really practiced since wednesday. Midterms kicked in on me and I know my ass is about to be destroyed tonight in practice. Oh well, every little bit...

Dahbomb said:
The L follow up to Gamma Charge H and then connecting with Gamma Crush. And you not only want it for the Command Throw but for his regular throws as well. It really ups his game to where even his throws (which have decent range) lead to solid damage.

Would be a good idea to start playing Wesker. He seriously is NOT hard at all and you will realize that most people do really simple stuff with him, it just looks really crazy on the receiving end. You can tag an extra button to his special moves and a teleport will come out and his gun is just a command normal after which you can tag a button to teleport with (f+H and then add L to teleport ahead). You don't need to be doing the high end off the wall teleport, self-OTG combos with him to do solid damage with Wesker.
I've been wanting to learn Wesker for a while. I'll mess around with him.

shaowebb said:
Nice to see someone else trying to experiment with Hulk. I've found that Cold Star ammy works for both shutting them off on jump in/rush down against hulk and for giving him something to approach with. Plus even if you know absolutely nothing about ammy you can mash H with her to combo most characters if you panic while you're still scrub with her.
Yeah, I'll bet Cold Star would work great. I can't play Ammy for shit though, and all that stance change stuff looks intimidating.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Parallax Scroll said:
While holding Towards, right? I assume that's what you guys are talking about.
thats_the_joke.jpg

So if I'm gonna mess around with Wesker, what are some easy-as-balls assists I could use to extend combos with his OTG gun? I tried out a bunch of assists in the lab a while back and found Magneto Disruptor and Spencer worked well, but I don't know either of those characters.

Edit: Characters I have at least some experience with: Hulk, Zero, Haggar, Ryu, Sent, Morrigan

Edit: Oh hey, Haggar works nice.

shaowebb

Parallax Scroll said:
While holding Towards, right? I assume that's what you guys are talking about.

Yeah pretty much. Without changing an ammy weapon you can just mash your H attack over and over for combo. It fucks with sentinels pretty hard and there is no skill required. Give Cold Star a shot and when in doubt run, hit down down H and start slinging whip to keep em out until you learn how to use her. Also if shes out and you kill someone always try to sling a slow time hyper before the next guy comes in. It fucks them up bad.

Parallax Scroll said:
So if I'm gonna mess around with Wesker, what are some easy-as-balls assists I could use to extend combos with his OTG gun? I tried out a bunch of assists in the lab a while back and found Magneto Disruptor and Spencer worked well, but I don't know either of those characters.

Edit: Characters I have at least some experience with: Hulk, Zero, Haggar, Ryu, Sent, Morrigan

Use Morrigan. The combos are endless and the mixups are maddening. I haven't trained that combo but I am scarred by someone online at 4th lord who used it on me. Also Tron. Wesker extending the already ridiculously long and powerful tron stuff was harsh. Worked better than the Tron/She-hulks I've seen since Wesker didn't need any assists to help him once I got it down to him and me. Tough character.

QisTopTier said:
Any assist that hits multiple times is good for that, akuma's tatsu is really good also
When I was testing assists out earlier I tried to find assists that would only hit once (like Magneto) so they wouldn't add to scaling too much and Wesker could combo longer afterwards. But maybe I'm thinking about this wrong.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
Dear She Hulk and Amaterasu:
  • Please get deleted in Ultimate MVC3.
Your friend,
God's Beard

You dont have enough battle exp to complain about them first of all, second off all they are not that bad. C.Viper on the other hand is fucking stupid.

When it comes to characters that I don't like to fight, She Hulk is god tier.

Fuck her low short and anti air grab. The world would be a better place if people didn't use the Martian Manhunter's little sister.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
When it comes to characters that I don't like to fight, She Hulk is god tier.

Fuck her low short and anti air grab. The world would be a better place if people didn't use the Martian Manhunter's little sister.

Don't play predictable, and learn to block and not be so ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK based you beat she hulk by zoning or baiting

shaowebb said:
Use Morrigan. The combos are endless and the mixups are maddening. I haven't trained that combo but I am scarred by someone online at 4th lord who used it on me. Also Tron. Wesker extending the already ridiculously long and powerful tron stuff was harsh. Worked better than the Tron/She-hulks I've seen since Wesker didn't need any assists to help him once I got it down to him and me. Tough character.
Which combo?

As an assist for Wesker, it looks like her Shadow Blade assist will connect off Wesker's gun, but I don't know how I could follow up after the Shadow Blade puts them up in the air. Edit: Besides Maximum Wesker.

Practically the only thing I can do with Morrigan is spam fireballs with her shadow super on. It was enough to help me beat other newbies early on, but I've always figured if I learned some combos with her she could be pretty viable.

shaowebb

QisTopTier said:
Don't play predictable, and learn to block and not be so ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK based you beat she hulk by zoning or baiting

This a million times over. Bait them, trap them, lure them, learn them. That's how you handle those two ( and any others for that matter).

QisTopTier said:

Fuck man I just go all dhalsim with sent on her, but once Thor comes in I'm fucked.

Looks like Hulk's Gamma Charge (forward) assist works for extending Wesker combos.

Oh shizzle. Wesker assist gives Zero an easy relaunch too. :D

And I think the main reason I'm dropping my Zero B&B (L M H Shippuga > S ^ M M H S > Rekkoha) is because I wait too long after jumping before I press the first M. If I hit that first M right away the combo seems a lot more reliable.

Well so much for getting experience :-(

tried getting matches from the online screen and after about 5 minutes got one unbearably laggy match. Tried from training mode, and I keep getting fight request disconnected errors. :/

On the plus side, I can do buktooth combos with Doom now. I don't know why I never tried to do them before, they're actually pretty simple compared to other bnbs I was making for other characters like Jill.

Watching last year's EVO match of Clockwork vs Justin. I keep forgetting how fast Marvel 2 is. Marvel 3 isn't anything like it. I wonder how long until Marvel 3 gets sped up by the players like 2 did. Marvel 2 looked about the same speed as the tournament matches for Marvel 3 for the first couple years.

QisTopTier said:
You dont have enough battle exp to complain about them first of all, second off all they are not that bad. C.Viper on the other hand is fucking stupid.
I've played over a thousand games and I have NEVER seen a real C-viper yet. The only characters I've seen being played well are Magneto, Chris, Amateratsu, Wesker, Sentinel, Tron, Doom, Taskmaster, Dante and Wolverine.

I've seen some half decent people with the remaining characters, but I think I've only fought C.Viper like three times. I feel kind of bad for her and Felicia...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
Watching last year's EVO match of Clockwork vs Justin. I keep forgetting how fast Marvel 2 is. Marvel 3 isn't anything like it. I wonder how long until Marvel 3 gets sped up by the players like 2 did. Marvel 2 looked about the same speed as the tournament matches for Marvel 3 for the first couple years.
o_O marvel 3 is fast as fuck, even wong says it's faster than marvel 2

SolarPowered said:
I've seen some half decent people with the remaining characters, but I think I've only fought C.Viper like three times. I feel kind of bad for her and Felicia...

Felicia is pretty bad too, but I like using her so I didn't say anything :D

RS4-

I don't mind the whole she hulk/Tron shit because I just zone and spam the fuck out of them lol. Same with wolverine, they just keep on running and dive kicking into spam.

Ferrio

Banned
RS4- said:
I don't mind the whole she hulk/Tron shit because I just zone and spam the fuck out of them lol. Same with wolverine, they just keep on running and dive kicking into spam.

Ya and that shit is hard to get in on online.

Parallax Scroll said:
OK, trying out Ammy in the lab since that assist is so rad.

H > F+H x5 ^ M M H H H > ???

Or with Wesker assist I can repeat the air part.

after mmhhh, qcf+h, S relaunch. Or after qcf+H, you can weapon change to sword, jump, df.H, qcf+S into super

Prototype-03 said:
after mmhhh, qcf+h, S relaunch. Or after qcf+H, you can weapon change to sword, jump, df.H, qcf+S into super
I had a tough time landing the QCF+H until I figured out you have to do it really quick after the third j.H. I'm gonna watch some Ammy videos.

Strider would be a regular flash in this version of MvC. It only looks faster because Sent is a lot faster in that version(MvC2) and 90% of high level play features him on both teams.

This is OT, but I finally got my surround sound working perfectly on the PS3 and 360!
QisTopTier said:
Felicia is pretty bad too, but I like using her so I didn't say anything :D
I'd like to see what a serious Felicia could do. Do you use her? I'd like to see what the fuss is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom