• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think Felicia Wesker or X-23 are better anchors than Deadpool? I really like the range on his low assist, but his movement kinda hurts him as an anchor. I'm leaning towards X-23 right now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
Do you guys think Felicia Wesker or X-23 are better anchors than Deadpool? I really like the range on his low assist, but his movement kinda hurts him as an anchor. I'm leaning towards X-23 right now.
If you are talking about xfactor for last character nothing really comes close to felicia besides maybe dark pheonix

God's Beard said:

X-23 really needs an assist to play her best, it sucks without one. Lately, if Spidey dies and IM comes in, I've been try to land an exchange just so I can have the beam assist help alot with mixups. Only reason she isn't my second is because IM and Spidey DHC much, much better (950 for 2 bars? Yezzir.).

If she lands a hit and has bar, she can do insane comebacks with level 3 XFC dirt nap and her huge speed increase, but Felicia and especially Wesker are better off on their own than X-23 is IMO.

I thought X-23 would be good because she can rip through stuff with invincible hypers and her dirt nap makes for great comebacks. BUt she's crap with no assist?
QisTopTier said:
If you are talking about xfactor for last character nothing really comes close to felicia besides maybe dark pheonix
I just mean as far as a character that can fight alone goes. Is Felicia the best?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
I thought X-23 would be good because she can rip through stuff with invincible hypers and her dirt nap makes for great comebacks. BUt she's crap with no assist?

I just mean as far as a character that can fight alone goes. Is Felicia the best?

Yes, unless you hate hard to use characters, then stick to wesker instead.

God's Beard said:

I think X has to be best in the second slot. Build up 4 meters before she's dead then you'll be able to kill a character on a hit confirm with x-factor cancel then get close to another with an x-factor 2 dirt nap when they come in.

If you're saving x-factor for you anchor and that's their only purpose then I'd definatetly go with Felicia. Wesker isn't terrible in level 3 but good players will have a chance to get around it. There's not many answers for Felicia though.

Edit: I'd play around with the assists as they're very team dependant. For example I know She-Hulk's low assist isn't the best but with my Haggar/Sent team the delay is idea when I need it and it's a fully functioning otg for both. I can't say much about Felicia's as I've not really spent any time with her.

Good god I thought you said Felicia's low assist, Wesker's is Godlike. Pick Spence/Wesker then with Spence jump, call Wesker and do a diagonal zip into the opponent with an aerial M. It's probably one of the easiest unblockables in the game because he's out so fast.

I'm aware of how amazing Wesker's low assist is, I need utility for my team though. Joe/MODOK is a very specific team.
QisTopTier said:
He has the second fastest low assist in the game >.>

I'm not using it for that, I need a slow low for modok and joe, and Wesker's low shot has a habit of pushing the character on screen back when he comes out, which is not what joe needs.

Felicia's is really good, though. Maybe I'll use her over Deadpool.

Edit: Felicia's low assist has longer range and more active frames than Deadpool's, and starts up 2 frames faster. Felicia is looking like a lock.

Joe/MODOK/Felicia is slightly less trolltacular than Joe/MODOK/Deadpool, but I'm looking to make a serious team.

Hopefully it'll work as planned and this team beats She Hulk.

Masamuna

Had to send in my 60 gig a couple days ago so i haven't been able to get any lab time in. RIP old friend :(

I was working on a Joe team before it died though. I was thinking:

Joe (???)/Tron (b)/Wesker(b)

Gustaff flame helps with joe's mixups tremendously. Wesker helps with otg, but for overall damage output it seems to help tron more than joe (makes a bnb ending with god hand do 550). For now I guess my goal with joe is to slow the opponent, go for an instant mixup with gustaff and finish them off with a slow combo. Not a perfect plan but it's plausible. Wesker's a solid anchor just not sure if he really helps out this team much in the long run. He can DHC trick off of tron, but wouldn't tron's damage alone match the dhc trick? Wish I could play to test this out. What other anchor could compliment this team?

I dropped Dante recently and as a result my mag team is disassembled for the time being. I might go with Mag/Zero/Task once I have a chance to play again. Storm/Task/Shuma or Storm/Task/Akuma seems solid as well. Finally got the rhythm of j.H addf cH with storm down, so the DHC into task is pretty beefy. Is Shuma okay as an anchor?

jdub03

God's Beard said:
Doom keeps getting better. I never realized that the buktooth loop did as much damage as my Thor bnb.

I'm currently trying to train up a team of dante/thor/doom. I don't know what the synergy of the team will be like but I just lumped all the excess characters I wanted to learn into one team. It's actually a pretty good team. I can do the buktooth loop but I still drop it from time to time. Have you experimented with dooms ability to 8 way dash out of all his normals. Maximilians tutorial opened my eyes to even greater potential out of doom. Blocked cr. H xx dash cancel xx instant overhead air forward H is pretty nasty.

I just finished wading through a sea of Dantes and Weskers in order to get sixth lord. It's amazing how many spammers I had to fight in order to get there. I spent more than half an hour at "ready to rank up" status because I kept getting crazy ass motherfuckers who spammed like their life depended on it. It was a yo-yo of despair and saltiness that I never want to experience again.

My last match was against a 5th lord who spammed EM disruptor, Sent assist and Trishes trap's from the air. He had eleven straight wins, but the dumb fuck had somehow managed to forget how to block while perfecting his spam technique. I won out when I killed his Magneto and caught his Sent assist and Trish with Ammy's heavy attack. A few of those plus X-factor H attacks again killed Trish and ate the remaining 60% of Sent's health left in one shot.

I don't get why the assists are abused so much. Some people can pull it off, but some people just look like clowns calling it out as soon as they get the ok...

yeesh

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
Doom keeps getting better. I never realized that the buktooth loop did as much damage as my Thor bnb.
Let's play soon so you can get some fight experience with the team *this matters the most*

QisTopTier said:
Let's play soon so you can get some fight experience with the team *this matters the most*
Oh I still haven't practiced my Doom combos, I keep getting sidetracked with my new Joe team and Sentinel... -_-

Sent by the way would be my main point character if I could figure out the fucking timing for his jM double jump on standing opponents. To hit people you have to be so low that the double jump almost never comes out. It seems like if I can hit it at the last frame or so, I can just rejump into the jH.

The reason this is important is because I love playing keepaway Sentinel, and jM double jump forward jHS is an incredibly safe hit confirm that starts from a long-ass distance where I can't be air grab hypered by She-Hulk. If it hits, I get 800k damage, if it doesn't, I'm free to run away again.

I can do Sentinel's funky air tag juggles now, though :-D Not as cool as Chun or MODOK air tag juggles, but his is pretty sweet.

God's Beard said:
Doom is pretty great. A friend of mine who just started playing the game today seemed to have some potential with him and I recommended that he stick with him. I've also been beating the idea of blocking into the guy's head and I even gave a shout out to Taskmaster since the guy has such great normals.

He was enjoying himself quite a bit with those two in mission mode.

:)

God's Beard said:
Oh I still haven't practiced my Doom combos, I keep getting sidetracked with my new Joe team and Sentinel... -_-

Sent by the way would be my main point character if I could figure out the fucking timing for his jM double jump on standing opponents. To hit people you have to be so low that the double jump almost never comes out. It seems like if I can hit it at the last frame or so, I can just rejump into the jH.

The reason this is important is because I love playing keepaway Sentinel, and jM double jump forward jHS is an incredibly safe hit confirm that starts from a long-ass distance where I can't be air grab hypered by She-Hulk. If it hits, I get 800k damage, if it doesn't, I'm free to run away again.

I can do Sentinel's funky air tag juggles now, though :-D Not as cool as Chun or MODOK air tag juggles, but his is pretty sweet.

Honestly, the combos are good and all but the main thing is to learn how to get in. It's the main reason that I learn the stupidest, simplest combos and build up from it. You need a LOT of experience playing in a real match before learning the long combos.

Prototype-03 said:
Honestly, the combos are good and all but the main thing is to learn how to get in. It's the main reason that I learn the stupidest, simplest combos and build up from it. You need a LOT of experience playing in a real match before learning the long combos.

But with some of my characters I don't even know that much!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
But with some of my characters I don't even know that much!
You dont need to know 20 characters just 3 at a time. Seriously pick 3 characters, play with them for a week, by that time you will be more used to them and if you want you can make another team up to learn.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
You dont need to know 20 characters just 3 at a time. Seriously pick 3 characters, play with them for a week, by that time you will be more used to them and if you want you can make another team up to learn.
This is God's Beard, a team is prehistoric and vastly outdated in value if it lasts longer than 3 minutes with him.

enzo_gt said:
This is God's Beard, a team is prehistoric and vastly outdated in value if it lasts longer than 3 minutes with him.
I like Doom! And Thor! And Sentinel!

Those are probably my 3 favorite. JoeDOK is cool, and so is Jill and I'm hooked on Phonics/Chun, and I don't want to forget about Arthur/Dormammu and Magneto/Viper but...

ok... maybe you guys have a point.

I'll try my best to stick with team STD. :-(

Ferrio

Banned
Ugh, games is getting to the point that people I'm playing in rank are much better than me and I wanna give up. I don't mind playing and getting better... but not a on bastardized online lag version.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
Ugh, games is getting to the point that people I'm playing in rank are much better than me and I wanna give up. I don't mind playing and getting better... but not a on bastardized online lag version.

Welcome to me a month ago, minus the giving up LOL

smurfx

get some go again
Ferrio said:
i just had a pretty good session. beat this one 5th lord a bunch of times and he was very close to leveling up to 4th lord too. i also kicked sentinel ass which makes me happy. don't know if i'm lucky to have a bunch of people around my area or something but i hardly ever get any lag. i live in los angeles so there is probably a good number of mvc 3 players around me.

Ferrio

Banned
smurfx said:
i just had a pretty good session. beat this one 5th lord a bunch of times and he was very close to leveling up to 4th lord too. i also kicked sentinel ass which makes me happy. don't know if i'm lucky to have a bunch of people around my area or something but i hardly ever get any lag. i live in los angeles so there is probably a good number of mvc 3 players around me.

There's some weird barrier in the game. Once you hit 4th lord it pairs you up with all the good people (1st lords etc)... there was no gradual build up... really weird

smurfx

get some go again
Ferrio said:
There's some weird barrier in the game. Once you hit 4th lord it pairs you up with all the good people (1st lords etc)... there was no gradual build up... really weird
i would like to test out my cheapness against some 1st lords. wonder if i can get some wins off of them. i think i might get to 4th lord in a few days. you close to being leveled back down to 5th lord?

Ferrio

Banned
smurfx said:
i would like to test out my cheapness against some 1st lords. wonder if i can get some wins off of them. i think i might get to 4th lord in a few days. you close to being leveled back down to 5th lord?

Got a long ways, after my first loss once i hit 4th it put me to 4th ranger.... whatever that means.

smurfx

get some go again
Ferrio said:
Got a long ways, after my first loss once i hit 4th it put me to 4th ranger.... whatever that means.
hmm i was reading up on 4th lord transition. so you only get matched with 4th lord and higher right? so if there isn't any 4th lords or higher online you won't get any games? you have trouble finding games?

Ferrio

Banned
smurfx said:
hmm i was reading up on 4th lord transition. so you only get matched with 4th lord and higher right? so if there isn't any 4th lords or higher online you won't get any games? you have trouble finding games?

Taking a lot longer to find people, as well as pairing me up with people far far away...

Grecco said:
Anyone remember which WNF was it that Justin played Deadpool-someone-Ironman?
Spider-Man/Deadpool/Ironman

He couldn't win with the team off stream so he switched to another team that day and hasn't used it since.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Damn I am having the hardest time landing Deadpool Katanarama OTG as a move and assist. Is the hitbox very specific ? I can almost never get it as an assist and only sometimes after a combo.

Maybe I'm just not inputting fast enough?

Grecco

DryEyeRelief said:
Spider-Man/Deadpool/Ironman

He couldn't win with the team off stream so he switched to another team that day and hasn't used it since.

I wanted to see his Deadpool, a shame. Been trying to main him since a couple days ago.

Dahbomb

Combofiend and Tatsu have some good Deadpool too. A lot of good hit and run tactics in there, nice use of Teleport too.

Problem with DP is that without the DHC glitch he doesn't lead into a lot of high damage. When someone gets near him he has to teleport or he will get beat at that range because a lot of the characters can out prioritize him with better/faster normals.

His zoning game is still solid and he can always come in quickly for a nice bnb combo off of an overhead or teleport.

Grecco

Yeah i decided to pick him up for the dhc trick mostly

Deadpool/Zero/Akuma. It was either Deadpool or X-23 to match up with Zero on my team.

I was trying to watch the footage from the last GC that Nerdjosh won cause megaman steve was using a similar team (He ran Zero on point?) but its not archived.

RS4-

4th was the longest grind for me to rank up. Up in Canada it's hard to use the "same" for region as it pretty much only looks for fellow Canadians; so I end up just using the quick rank search to look for them, even if it means laggers from out of North America.

I don't find rank differences in terms of actual challenge though, the hard stuff is dealing with lag. It's not bad.

I think 4th rank though does have certain sub-ranks for it? Like it had 8-9 stars when I finished it, but I think when it starts it was only a few stars? 3rd lord might've been two then three stars. I don't even know what those mean though. 2nd rank has three stars as well. The stars probably mean nothing anyway.

Rank is pretty weird anyway. But custom search tends to put you against a wider set of ranks to play against. Sometimes I get 9th rank, etc while I'm 2nd. But if I only do quick search it's almost always those around 4th and below.

Speed of light netcode too if I recall, haha.
This is the only thing that bothers me. I understand that Capcom felt the game is balanced - no amount of playtesting will make that obvious though, you need to put it in the hands of the mass competitive gaming community to verify that. Though how some characters, like Hsien-ko, were considered on par with the likes of Magneto blows my mind.

...and the data in the guide is outdated due to recent patches. :/
Sentinel's health nerf hardly makes the guide "outdated" in terms of usefulness. I still read it every few days; I re-read the Sentinel section this morning.

I did some research (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) but has Ryota Niitsuma worked on any ps3 or 360 titles before MvC3? I see him credited in SFIV, but other than that nothing. I also checked out Eighting, and also see that MvC3 was their first ps3/360 title. Maybe this would explain a lot?
Capcom should really account for things like this. Capcom releases a lot of small titles like Bionic Commando 2. If a producer needs "practice" on a console, give them something like that, not a title you expect to move over 2 million copies with.

So much ass kissing of capcom, they fucked up the netcode and menus there is no arguing about it. As I said before there is no they tried their hardest D: It either works or it doesn't and honestly it doesn't really work. Then you got arc sys who has he best netcode around in ONE TRY turn around and UPDATE IT to make it better? Yeah that's called they know what's important
All that needs to be said. BB:CS players are getting a free update that completely rebalances the game, updates the netcode, and a ton of more stuff, and Capcom fans get to pay for a new version with (presumably) all the features the original should have had.

hours and hours of playing vs proto to get teams down, oddly enough just characters I wanted to straight up use work perfect lol
I envy you. I would actually want to play Sentinel if they made his flight mode last longer...

CAPCOM RELEASED PATCH NOTES???

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

All of them are bugs and some I didn't know about. This is a positive move by Capcom.

+1 respect.
Indeed, but Capcom is still at -49 respect with me.

Well looks like I dont really give a shit about phoenix anymore.

http://youtu.be/w4E966HXngY

LOL this shit is GREAT
That's just cruel.

Taking a lot longer to find people, as well as pairing me up with people far far away...
damn don't know if i want to become 4th lord now.
I counter this by setting my rank to "any".

Dahbomb

Capcom doesn't have people like JWong/Combofiend testing for them.

MVC3 is perfectly balanced... at Mid tier level of play. Capcom probably didn't even have anyone at their place doing the ghetto ROMs for Magneto.

Which reminds me, Capcom had their own internal Tier list for the game when they were "balancing" the game. When asked about Dante, S-Kill responded "I am surprised people consider him Top tier, over here we have him as Upper Mid at best".

I wanna see this Capcom tier list.

I don't know if it's a real tier list, but Capcom uses their testers, including Seth, for very specific things. They'll test whatever they can find about Adon vs Chun-Li, for example, or see how long Spider-Man can run away. That's why you can only do 3 specials in the air now.

A lot of the reason the community finds things that Capcom doesn't necessarily, is because the reason top level tiers change is for very esoteric and creative things. More importantly, things that might only exist in the current iteration of the game. When they test, things are constantly changing, and then they have to lock it. I seriously doubt anyone at Capcom knew about anything resembling Magneto's hyper grav loop. Most people thought he was nerfed pretty bad when the game came out.

I got my first ragemail!

HokLf.jpg

lol spam, when his team was ryu/akuma/deadpool and all he did was run away/super jump away + projectile. Or super. Just because I played my Joe/Deadpool/Taskmaster team very aggressively and tried my best to keep you at attacking distance, you call me a spammer...

So, I responded:
mDhNc.jpg

Then he said:
OQF8e.jpg

LOL.

Thus I ended it with:
WIdfb.jpg

:lol So, I've decided on a team. Joe/Deadpool/Taskmaster. DHC is good with this team and an OTG assist on Deadpool is good for Joe. I just need to practice more Deadpool combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom