• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Oh yea, thanks for the advice on Hulk. My friend hasn't been able to pull most of that shit now that I've figured out a team and know what to look for.

Ferrio

Banned
LakeEarth said:
Shaowebb's recent Ammy videos show she can do them too. I'm pretty there are more.

Thing is they're not particularly useful unless your character has already really limited combo options, aka shehulk.

I just tried my hand at the double okami shuffles using the glaive and it's awesome. She can pretty much kill Sent in a single combo if the opponent whiffs a move.
Threi said:
Dog can too IIRC
Yeah, it's definitely common in glaive combos.
Dahbomb said:
Ammy could be 500K and would still be top tier. Seriously.
That is pushing it a little...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I find it funny that my taskmaster bnb does EXTRA dmg to ammy due to the fact I gotta add extra hits in which makes it easier to do as well. HOORAY FOR WEIRD ASS HIT BOXES. Poor ammy

Grecco

Id say Amateratsu could get away with having lesser life because of her smaller hit box. Not that i would support such a change.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dorm's Purification assist takes way too long to pop out. I swear, in Super MvC3 that better come out like CapCom's assist.

El Sloth

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Dorm's Purification assist takes way too long to pop out. I swear, in Super MvC3 that better come out like CapCom's assist.
I would prefer that they swapped out Dark Hole or Liberation for a Flame Carpet assist. I would sacrifice more than a couple of newborns to the CapGods for this.

jdub03

shaowebb said:
Holy shit you guys. Switch weapons with Ammy.

This isn't my vid but I thought I'd look up some stuff on ammy first.

We've barely touched the surface
1,838,600 damage combo using glaive and lvl 1 X-factor no assist
Things I am noticing.
  • Ammy's glaive and whip both seem to have huge crossup potential similar to Zero's sword on jumping attacks. ESPECIALLY whip...dat range
  • Glaive gives you a huge range on crouching attacks and gives you dashes. It could be really hard to deal with on a high low set up from nearly a half a screen away. One vertical task arrow with a glaive sweep into a dash up and it's 570,000 on easy BNB lmh qcf x2
  • Glaive combos are superior for air work and act like a delayed combo extension since glaive dashing attacks seem to work a lot like Wolverine dive kicks. Take it to air, glaive it back to ground. relaunch into air.
  • Her mobility increases with glaive a lot and has a lot of near instant attacks that shut down rush down with dat crouching glaive attack in the video. Not certain on priorities though. Could be punishable, but if not it would seem glaive makes her a mid screen dash up character, whip makes her a full screen keep away with crossups and mirror is pure up close rushdown. All weapons have severe combo potiential at point blank.

Wow. I've been working on getting Thunder Edge stance as good as my Solar Flare stance. I saw this video and decided those were the only two stances I needed to learn. Apparently not. Devout beads here I come. I think I might train up devout beads solely to abuse sentinel users.

LakeEarth

enzo_gt said:
Purification sucks as an OTG assist, BUT I have seen it put to good use as kind of a pseudo-jam session assist.

smurfx

get some go again
instead of fighting a bunch of magnetos today i fought a bunch of dorammus and akumas. added another 10 wins to my record and i'm inching closer to 4th lord. hate fighting ryu or akuma since i can't play my tag assist game properly when i'm fighting them. i usually just pressure them with taskmaster and when i have them cornered i call in haggars double lariat assist and proceed to punish them that way.

New Thor shenanigans: H+A1(hyper grav), jMH, M+A2(Doom Rocks) xx Mighty Smash H(full charge) xx Mighty Thornado

Thor combos are kinda bad after a certain point. Two of his best moves for linking are charged Smash H and Spark H. Both have massive frame advantage on hit that link you back into H, Thor's best normal. Unfortunately, both cause MASSIVE damage scaling, making them pointless early in combos, and MASSIVE hitstun deterioration, making them pointless later in combos.

The only real way to get extra damage out of Thor is finding ways to link as many hard attacks as possible with as little in between as possible. This is almost impossible to confirm since you can't really combo into H off a starter other than Air Mighty Strike M without an assist. Landing the first H bounces the opponent slightly, allowing for better juggles later on, making it key to doing a lot of damage quickly. If I could find a way to link back into Air Mighty Strike M without X-factor, I'm sure Thor could get over 600k meterless on all characters. So far I'm not having great luck with that. I've still got a couple ideas, but it's not much.

It's important to get over the 600k barrier, because i can only get about 550 with the combo after the reset for a bar, and I'd really like a 1 bar kill situation with Thor's limited mobility.

smurfx

get some go again
i hardly ever see people playing thor on ranked. would probably get my ass kicked if i fought a really good one since i have like zero experience fighting him. similar to how i got my ass kicked when i fought a really good viper. had no experience fighting her and didn't know how to block her rush.

Ferrio

Banned
smurfx said:
i hardly ever see people playing thor on ranked. would probably get my ass kicked if i fought a really good one since i have like zero experience fighting him. similar to how i got my ass kicked when i fought a really good viper. had no experience fighting her and didn't know how to block her rush.

Hold upback against thor, you're safe.

Solune

Ferrio said:
You know, I think Thor is a terrible character, but I got blown up reallllll bad yesterday by my friend. OCVed me in fact, best bet is to just zone him. Holding upback means potentially eating command grab, even during the reset I tried to flip over him and his damn grab auto-corrected. I was shocked to say the least.

Ok, so I managed to combo into Air Mighty Strike M. Problem is, I only get one hit, and the link is HARD AS FUCK, so I haven't been able to land the H afterwards. I know that normally you can get H after an ia mighty strike with one hit, but the timing is tough without the craziness this combo requires.

So basically what I found was LM, A1(Hyper Gravitation), instant Air Mighty Strike M

if I can get this combo down and H does link, then it'll probably be Thor's best possible combo short of putting Spencer on my team for his god damage wallbounce assist.

Ferrio said:
What? Thor is Air Zangief. He loses almost nothing by being in the sky.

mr. puppy

Banned
Oldschoolgamer said:
I love zoning in this game. I don't know why, but it just clicked and I finally found a team.

Magnus : Disruptor
Sent: Sent force or Dante: Weasel Shot
Dorm: Purification

It's odd as hell to me, because I main effin Dictator in SSFIV.
dude you're just picking top tier

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
enzo_gt said:
I have some innate deficiency that prevents me from understanding BB/GG game combat despite it looking cool as hell. I just suck at it so much.

L=A
M=B
H=C
S=Dust/Drive

BB: Revolver Combos = ABCD which is basically the same as Marvel 3's LMHS basic combo.

Etc. etc. etc. etc.

BB is probably the most similar to Marvel 3 than any other fighter even the previous Marvel 2 out there.

GG is somewhat similar but slightly faster (IMO) gameplay wise to Blazblue.

The biggest hurdle with BB is learning characters as they're all very different, compared to Marvel/Vs. series "pick a character and they nearly all do QCF/HCF+ATK ATK's"

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
mr. puppy said:
dude you're just picking top tier

Eh. lol. They're whom I most comfortable with. If they weren't so high on the tier list, I'd still be playing them.

Ultimoo said:
tiers mean nothing at lower skill level guys, cmon now. :O

Shots fired? lol

Edit: I actually toyed around with Author, Deadpool, and Chris, but nah. Half of the reason I picked the team is because of looks and the fact that it's the closest thing to a proper DMC game I'll have this gen... >.>

Ok, I can confirm that the combo works, but it's hard as fuck. 1 frame for sure, tried double tapping about 40 times and only got the H to hit on 3 or 4 occasions. Anyway:

LM, A1(Hyper Gravitation), instant Air Mighty Strike, H xx Mighty Smash M, 2HS, jMMHS, Mighty Strike H

Does about 550k, not really worth it after all. dropping the mighty strike only drops about 10k damage and is like a 60 frame link.

Ferrio said:
Even if you're opponent is jumpign away? Task would eat him alive just doing that.

Air Mighty Strike is + on block and eats projectiles...

Ferrio said:
So not talking about projectiles.
Then what? Just empty jumping back into the corner? I'm not sure that Task's normals have that much priority over Thor's jM or S. Can he avoid air dash hurricane indefinitely?

Ferrio

Banned
God's Beard said:
Then what? Just empty jumping back into the corner? I'm not sure that Task's normals have that much priority over Thor's jM or S. Can he avoid air dash hurricane indefinitely?

Tasks normals are insane....

shaowebb

LakeEarth said:
Shaowebb's recent Ammy videos show she can do them too. I'm pretty there are more.

Thanks for all the support guys. Those are actually videos I found and not my own if thats what you meant. I'm shit at making up combos and tend to magic series and BNB my way through things. However, I'm getting pretty decent at spotting how to make characters more unpredictable or how to open up characters using setups.

Those vids were my early research from today before I went into the lab myself on my theory of Sword being useful. Turns out those vids about sum it all up. That sword is god tier and it should likely be your first choice on what you play Ammy with from the damage output and ease of combo-ing it possesses. Plus it has both crossups, rushdown counter, and a wolverine Dive Kick use on top of giving you sweet dash mobility options.

Shit is awesome. I'm glad everyone was as intrigued by this as I was. Props to SolarPowered puttin in that lab time too on this. Sword dog is about to get real.

EDIT: Anyone up for a game on 360? I had to miss out on practice with SixFortyFive's crew due to a shitty migraine yesterday and I could use the practice. I'm Dynasty Penguin.

Ferrio

Banned
God's Beard said:
You don't think Thor's air dashes are fast enough?

Play Q, find out for yourself.

And no I don't. I'm pretty sure thor can be shut down by task nonstop, only way thor would be able to get in is with an assist.

shaowebb

Ferrio said:

And no I don't. I'm pretty sure thor can be shut down by task nonstop, only way thor would be able to get in is with an assist.

This is true unless that shoryuken motion mighty dash thingy is invincible on projectiles. I think the game bible claims it to be invincible which would mean invincible dash in attack that goes through projectiles...it's just tricky to do...also even if it has invincibility I'm not certain for how many frames and against task's arrows there are usually several hits to have to go through.

Let me just get my guide for a second.

Ferrio

Banned
shaowebb said:
This is true unless that shoryuken motion mighty dash thingy is invincible on projectiles. I think the game bible claims it to be invincible which would mean invincible dash in attack that goes through projectiles...it's just tricky to do...also even if it has invincibility I'm not certain for how many frames and against task's arrows there are usually several hits to have to go through.

Let me just get my guide for a second.

I'm talking more about task jumping back and doing his standard air attacks. I think they'd shut down any of that type of approach.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:

I was thinking about being a total asshole and putting tron on my team instead of sent, but shuma works better with the sent assist. If only I could have 4 characters :p

mystic ray and gustav = you are never ever doing shit to taskmaster

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ferrio said:
I'm talking more about task jumping back and doing his standard air attacks. I think they'd shut down any of that type of approach.

Yeah, Task's normals are retardedly good, and he does ridiculous damage by doing practically nothing. I think Thor'd find it difficult, but I've really yet to see a very good Thor.

shaowebb

shaowebb said:
Let me get my guide and check this...
VERDICT:

Okay. Thor can indeed go through the task projectiles with Mighty strike. Mighty strike completely nullifies all projectiles during active frames. It has 11 active frames and can be charged to induce more hitstun and more hits.

Since it has a startup of only 21 to 41 frames and 11 total active frames, Taskmaster's arrows that have a whopping 45 frame startup and smaller 9 active frames will neither beat mighty strike to the punch when used nor will it outlast the 11 active frame nullification of it's projectile stopping power. Mighty strike also has BOSS advantage if guarded and fully charged during it's air versions. +13 if this is the case but otherwise it actually has negative advantage against guards so always try to charge it. The non air versions are worse on advantage by far if uncharged so try to charge this thing.

You could actually fully charge up to 41 frames and mighty strike for max hitstun and number of hits against task if timed right.

Final Verdict:
Thor beats Task arrows only if you're good enough to toss around shoryuken motions like candy to take advantage of mighty strike and good enough to know when to throw it out so that it has time to charge and not get punished.

It's doable but you need to be tight on your reading of your opponent to predict when they will attempt task shot. Otherwise startup is pretty punishable with a 21 frame minimum startup. If you know when and can do it though you will destroy the zoning game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
and here is the issue. Taskmaster doesn't really give a shit if you get close to him that's when he goes... Oh I can do combos now? :D

Or at least that's how it is with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom